Tata Tiago XZA AMT (Orange): Our Pocket Dynamite

Thread Starter #17
1st Service update

Did first free service at 1900Km.
Booked the appointment for servicing through the TMSC mobile app.
Had booked appointment at 9.00AM and was under impression that it would not take more than 1 hour. But service adviser informed me that it would take 3 hours as they do complete general check up as well as under body check up.
Entire procedure went smooth from booking to delivery of the vehicle. Tata Motors have really improved in this aspect[thumbsup]
I was though not happy with outside cleaning of the car as there were some mud stains on bonnet which were still present after washing. I gave not so good feedback for this when Tata Motors called me for the feedback.

Tia1stSer.png

TiaOdo1.png

I am getting around 17km/l mileage in City with 100% AC in CITY mode. Normally with tank full method it should be 15.5Km/l.
TiaOdo.png

Hi tejrocket,
I am also looking for Tiago XZA. I was confused between XZ & XZA. I never owned a car so no experience in this area. Your review is very much encouraging. After reading your experience I almost made my mind for XZA. Please let me know if you have any issues with AMT version compared to manual version. Thanks for the review.

Thread Starter #19
For a first time car buyer AMT would be just awesome. No issues so far and car is running smoothly. Sometimes in a stop/go traffic it is bit jerky but nothing alarming. Creep function works like charm . Car has become very smooth now and very less/no vibrations felt. Getting around 16km/litre with AC ON and mostly in CITY mode. SPORT mode is used only when a quick overtaking is needed, car just pulls cleanly without any fuss. Tata have done wonders with this car, my admiration for it is growing with every kilometers it munches. [:D]

Hi tejrocket,
I am also looking for Tiago XZA. I was confused between XZ & XZA. I never owned a car so no experience in this area. Your review is very much encouraging. After reading your experience I almost made my mind for XZA. Please let me know if you have any issues with AMT version compared to manual version. Thanks for the review.
Buy AMT if your city driving is more. I just added XZA to my garage. Its awesome.

For a first time car buyer AMT would be just awesome. No issues so far and car is running smoothly. Sometimes in a stop/go traffic it is bit jerky but nothing alarming. Creep function works like charm . Car has become very smooth now and very less/no vibrations felt. Getting around 16km/litre with AC ON and mostly in CITY mode. SPORT mode is used only when a quick overtaking is needed, car just pulls cleanly without any fuss. Tata have done wonders with this car, my admiration for it is growing with every kilometers it munches. [:D]
That's a very healthy AFE you are getting, what's your average speed?

How do you tackle the various Hills and mall exit? Do you use 'S' mode or manual mode, your experience will encourage budding new XTA buyers.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #23
That's a very healthy AFE you are getting, what's your average speed?

How do you tackle the various Hills and mall exit? Do you use 'S' mode or manual mode, your experience will encourage budding new XTA buyers.

Regards
Vinod
Average speed would be around 60km/hr.
I dont have to use manual on hills/ghats. Most of the time i find car is in perfect gear while climbing or descending.
For stop and go situations on a climb i use handbrakes if it is very steep or else creep mode is sufficient for small climbs.

For me it is mixed in city and outskirts and occasional High way. I think AMT is good for long drive also. Correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, on highways/long drive AMT is very good, AMT has slight jerkiness sometimes only in 1st/2nd gears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #25
@tezrocket
How is the ride of your car at low speed in city traffic. I find the ride of my car (xza) a bit bumpy/bouncy.
Below 40km/hr speed suspension feels bit stiff but it is not that bumpy/bouncy in isolation. But if you compare it with i10 than yes it is bit bumpy. But above 40km/hr car just glides over broken roads.
i10 has soft suspension but that takes away fun at higher speeds.

You are so right about the AMT addiction, ever since I bought my NMG, I hardly touch the 2014 WagonR, and whenever I do I forget to change gears.

Have you noticed that, every time you open the driver side door the AMT lets out a warring sound, its the AMT priming. Try listening its a nice reassuring sound of assurance that your AMT is alive and kicking.
I hear this sound in my Dzire as well every time I open the driver or front passenger door. Some cars without AMT also can hear this sound like once i heard it for an Ertiga but it was manual. So it can also be the ebd priming sound not sure.

Last edited:
I hear this sound in my Dzire as well every time I open the driver or front passenger door. Some cars without AMT also can hear this sound like once i heard it for an Ertiga but it was manual. So it can also be the ebd priming sound not sure.
Nano XTA has no other gizmos except the AMT, and this priming sound only occurs in the AMT, as both Maruti and Tata use the same unit.

Others have mentioned fuel pump sound, not sure though.

Thread Starter #29
Hi friends, today took test drive & booked immediately. Dealer said it will take max 3 weeks for delivery. Since Tiago is hot selling model dealer not giving any offers.
Congratulations!!! You won't regret your choice. Btw which colour you opted

Top Bottom