Tata Tiago XZ D Sunburst Orange: Ownership Review (4th Service Update)

Re: 3rd service update : Tata Tiago XZ Diesel Sunburst Orange : Ownership Review

At what KMs, we can do wheel rotation and wheel alignment?
Rotation: Typically at 5000 KMs. According to Tiago user manual, it is 7500 KMs. Note that for enthusiastic driving, it may need to be rotated sooner, a simple coin test would tell us if a rotation is needed.

Alignment: Typically at 5000 KMs and according to Tiago user manual, it is at 15000 KMs. Whenever we hit a pot hole or speed breaker very hard, it may lead to minor changes to alignment. General tell tale signs are:
1. Car pulling towards any one side when on a flat road.
2. Improper tire tread wear upon visual inspection. If either inside or outside wears out faster, it is due to wheels not aligned.

Re: Tata Tiago XZ D Sunburst Orange: Ownership Review

Interesting that Tiago is being classified as 'Saloon'( Sedan) instead of hatchback by TATA AIG. I wonder if this makes any difference in policy pricing and IDV value? I think other insurance classiify Tiago as hatchback

Interesting that Tiago is being classified as 'Saloon'( Sedan) instead of hatchback by TATA AIG. I wonder if this makes any difference in policy pricing and IDV value? I think other insurance classiify Tiago as hatchback
Yes it is marked as hatchback in both my policies from Royal Sundaram and National Insurance. Ironic that my RC book has it as saloon [lol].

Thread Starter #21

In February 2017 received my car's RC Book (actually a paper) with few mistakes in it. According to RTO, I have Tiago XT which has 7049 CC engine[surprise]. In March, went to RTO office to get the new RC, but they did Indian juggad and voila.. Got my new RC[frustration]

Corrections are pointed out by red arrow

Attachments

Thread Starter #23
Re: Tata Tiago XZ D Sunburst Orange: Ownership Review (3rd Service Update)

Completed 13500 kms till now, apart from mild to moderate dashboard rattling[frustration], car is doing very well. Dashboard rattling is evident only on bad road patches; whereas on smooth roads and highway runs, car is doing perfect.

Few Tiago owners have notified the rattling issue and tried rectifying it through their service centre. Came across some post rectification pics posted by few of them and come to know that it's kind of gamble repair; either one get happiness of resolved issue or end up regretting about ruined dashboard panels (scratches/praying tool injuries due to lack of skill/dirt spots etc.)

Conclusion: I'm holding myself back from doing such repair work on my Tiago, for now I can tolerate slight rattling rather than badly done repair

Nicely written review. Wish you happy miles with the car. Please continue to post updates on your service cost and experience with TASC as well.

Thread Starter #25

Finally after 1 year and 3 months got the call for fuel inlet pipe replacement on 29/09/2017, many tiago owners have already got this replacement many months ago, i got it done on 3rd October 2017.
Although they were offering car wash and interior cleaning for free, which I rejected politely, Sterling motors solapur newly recruited staff were pretty quick to do their job and hand over the car in 1 hour. (Tears of joy )[cry]
To my surprise they replaced roof lamp too which they had not mentioned in customer representatives call.[clap]

Attachments

Thread Starter #27

[drive]
What is the fuel economy you are getting after one year, with and without AC ?
I drive about 550kms per month that too on less crowded highway, & very little city usage.

Every time i get FE about 25kmpl by tank full to tank full calculation without/occasional AC (MID reading shows 28 to 30kmpl).

With AC, it decreases to around 20-22kmpl.

Only City usage cars FE comes to around 18kmpl or even lesser (of course!!).

With my 4 times full tank calculations, I'm pretty sure that actual FE is 3 to 4kmpl less than MID figure.

[drive]Sedate driving style with light right foot makes lot of difference in FE figures

Recently Crossed odo reading of 16666km

Attachments

Thread Starter #30

My father took tiago for a trip, leaving his 5yr old Wagon R (44500+kms odo ) with me,

Writing down Few pros and cons of Wagon R in comparison with tiago

Pros :
1) No rattling at dashboard at all.
My tiago is 1yr 9 mth old now, but its dashboard rattles than this older Wagon R.

2) Taller stance of Wagon R is better to drive at night with lesser glare from upcoming traffic

3) AC performance is quick and effective, tiago does struggle a bit in cooling

4) Gear knob doesn't vibrate unlike few tiago owners facing it right from the beginning

5) No lag in pickup (it's there in tiago for initial few seconds). Overtaking at highway with tiago should be well planned

Cons :
1) Steering response is inferior to tiago, Tiago has wonderful steering setup.

2) Gear shift has bit rubbery feel to it, Tiago has better gear box.

3) Fuel economy is way too low as compared to tiago

4) Bare basic instrument cluster and dated design, Overall Wagon R feels featureless.

Top Bottom