Tata Tiago & Tigor JTP Editions Launched

Thread Starter #1
The Tata Tiago Sport is expected to debut at Auto Expo 2018 next month. According to Team-BHP forum member RavenAVi, Tata Motors could launch the Tata Tigor Sport along with this model at the show.

Tata-Tigor-Sport-rendering.jpg

Tata Motors formed a 50:50 joint venture company named JT Special Vehicles in partnership with Jayem Automotives in March last year. The Tata Tigor Sport will emerge as one of the first models developed by this JV company. The Sport variant could have modified bumpers, side skirts, large alloy wheels shod with low-profile tyres and a sporty rear spoiler. It is expected to have a stiffer suspension system and a lower ground clearance as well.

The Tata Tigor Sport is likely to employ a reworked version of the 1.2-litre Revotron three-cylinder petrol engine that produces 85 PS at 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm of torque at 3,500 rpm in the regular Tata Tigor. This version could produce a maximum output of 95 PS. A 110 PS version may follow later, although there’s still no clarity on that matter yet. A 5-speed manual transmission should route power to the front wheels.

The Tata Tigor Sport’s assembly will reportedly take place in Coimbatore, the city where Jayem Automotives is based. The Sport variant could command a premium of anywhere from INR 60,000 to INR 1,00,000 and have a starting price of somewhere in the INR 6-6.5 lakh (ex-showroom) range.

Source:IAB

Re: TATA TIAGO/TIGOR Sport could be launched at Auto Expo 2018

Looks sportier and Tigor sales may go up if this iteration is launched.
What will seal the deal is the uprated engine to go with the looks and not just some sticker job what MS does with the Swift and Ciaz.

kkn13

Suspended

So its basically a factory "riced" variant of Tigor with a remap?
No mechanical changes?
Pretty pointless, rather have kept the 95ps as standard across variants and introduced a Tigor Sport with the planned stiff suspension, better tyres but with the 1.2 Turbo Revtron from Nexon and 1.5 Revtorq too
If Ford can offer the 1.5 diesel , Honda too and apparently Maruti in future, why not Tata
Their cars are already cheaper than the competition but engines are extremely lacklustre compared to some competitors

Thread Starter #4

So its basically a factory "riced" variant of Tigor with a remap?
No mechanical changes?
Pretty pointless, rather have kept the 95ps as standard across variants and introduced a Tigor Sport with the planned stiff suspension, better tyres but with the 1.2 Turbo Revtron from Nexon and 1.5 Revtorq too
If Ford can offer the 1.5 diesel , Honda too and apparently Maruti in future, why not Tata
Their cars are already cheaper than the competition but engines are extremely lacklustre compared to some competitors
I think above news from IAB's is some what misleading, So we safely expect engine line up from NEXON with identical power figures.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

The Tata Tiago Sport is expected to debut at Auto Expo 2018 next month.
I think above news from IAB's is some what misleading, So we safely expect engine line up from NEXON with identical power figures.
Looks sportier and Tigor sales may go up if this iteration is launched.
What will seal the deal is the uprated engine to go with the looks and not just some sticker job what MS does with the Swift and Ciaz.
Actually on the same lines, TAIger Autospy had spotted the a Tigor Test-mule sometime back. It is expected that the Tigor will be having a bigger powertrain and possibly something on the lines of Geneva Edition could be launched.

Link

Regards

Akash

Tigor S with the blackened roof and redesigned front will sell like hotcakes. I hope that they will not stretch the price beyond 6.5l.

Hopefully Tata doesn't use the same old engine in Tiago/Tigor Sport. If that is going to be the case, it is utter waste for Tata to launch the Tiago/Tigor Sport. Hoping for a powerful engine in the Tiago to make it the affordable hot hatch. Fingers Crossed.

Hopefully Tata doesn't use the same old engine in Tiago/Tigor Sport. If that is going to be the case, it is utter waste for Tata to launch the Tiago/Tigor Sport. Hoping for a powerful engine in the Tiago to make it the affordable hot hatch. Fingers Crossed.
A lot of people complained of the mediocre performance of the Tiago twins so I am pretty sure that TML will address the issue in the Sport edition.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Actually, there is definitely a need of a bigger 4 cylinder engine in the upcoming sports variants of both so that they can compete with the likes of Aspire & Figo Sports. It is a matter of just another 3 weeks and we'll get to see what's there in store. If by chance, the sports model come in diesel then Nexon's diesel engine is the best bet. There is definitely an urgent need for a bigger diesel mill.

A lot of people complained of the mediocre performance of the Tiago twins so I am pretty sure that TML will address the issue in the Sport edition.
I own a CITY & Tigor buddy. Tigor is a petrol one. I read you are the one whose dream car is a Tigor[:D] and you look forward to owning it. Wishing you all the luck! Coming to performance of Tigor Petrol, buddy, I have been driving the car for more than 5 months and its more than 5500 kms now and has been performing well. I would say, if we as enthusiasts and owners know the limitations of our cars and drive them as per that & accordingly build our expectations then we'll never be disappointed. In the CITY mode, the Tigor performs reasonably good and Eco mode, the effort to perform is clearly evident as the Eco mode is designed for giving best FE.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Re: Tata Tiago / Tigor Sport Could Be Launched at Auto Expo 2018

Yes Akash I am really looking forward to owning the Tigor. I'm eagerly waiting for the Sports edition to be unveiled and if I can get it in my budget, otherwise the XZA for me.

Fun Fact- There is a Maruti Suzuki showroom like 100 meters away from my home along with their Service Center and my family keeps on insisting I get a MS car. But no one can stop me from owning a Tigor [lol]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Fun Fact- There is a Maruti Suzuki showroom like 100 meters away from my home along with their Service Center and my family keeps on insisting I get a MS car. But no one can stop me from owning a Tigor
Read my Tigor Ownership Review. Your story is 100% same as mine.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #12

we have to wait for jan 23rd to know more details on TIGOR Sports, TATA Motors just released another image of upcomming sneak peak info on their 5new products 3 passenger cars 2 commercial trucks. there is new sedan teaser from TATA for details on 23rd jan, so it might be TIGOR Sports.

DT0Cn2GWkAAIAZE.jpg

we have to wait for jan 23rd to know more details on TIGOR Sports, TATA Motors just released another image of upcomming sneak peak info on their 5new products 3 passenger cars 2 commercial trucks. there is new sedan teaser from TATA for details on 23rd jan, so it might be TIGOR Sports.

View attachment 238336
Thanks for the news. First one looks like Nexon launch with AMT and XZ variant. Another is a 5 or 7 seater premium SUV. 3rd one is Tigor with Bigger engine probably. That means X451 premium hatchback won't be displayed.

Thread Starter #15

Thanks for the news. First one looks like Nexon launch with AMT and XZ variant. Another is a 5 or 7 seater premium SUV. 3rd one is Tigor with Bigger engine probably. That means X451 premium hatchback won't be displayed.
First one is X451 premium Hatchback it self its looks similar to nexon in side profile specially we can expect safely Daimond cut design of glass area.

Top Bottom