Tata Tiago & Tigor JTP Editions Launched

Thread Starter #31
Re: Tata Tigor JTP 2018 Spied!

Tata Tiago JTP, Tigor JTP launched

jtp.jpg

The wait for the hotted-up Tiago and Tigor has ended, as Tata Motors has launched the Tiago JTP as well as the Tigor JTP today. The Tiago JTP has been priced at Rs 6.39 lakh, while the Tigor JTP retails at Rs 7.49 lakh. At this price, both cars sport a premium of Rs 1-1.2 lakh over their standard, top-spec siblings (all prices, ex-showroom and introductory).

Born out of Tata Motors’ joint venture with Jayem Automotives Pvt. Ltd (known as JT Special Vehicles or JTSV), the performance-oriented Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP have been modified keeping three basic aspects in mind – enhancing engine output and performance, adopting a sportier design theme inside and out and making the cars handle and sound better.

As such, the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP remain identical to their non-JTP siblings in terms of dimensions, but run a lowered ride height. Ground clearance for both cars is rated at 166mm, 4mm lower than the standard Tiago and Tigor. Both run a tweaked suspension and steering setup, which Tata promises – along with the lowered ride height and wider tyres – will make the performance cars handle much better than their standard versions.

As we’d reported earlier, the 1.2-litre turbo-petrol in the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP does indeed make more horses than the Nexon’s unit – if only marginally, at 114hp – and produces 150Nm of torque. It’s mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox, and Tata claims the Tiago JTP is capable of doing the 0-100kph sprint in just 9.95sec, while the Tigor JTP takes 10.38sec to reach that mark. That time makes the Tiago JTP over 5sec quicker to 100kph than the non-JTP model we’ve tested in the past. Both cars also get multi-drive modes – Sport for performance and City for efficiency.

On the outside, both feature a redesigned front bumper with an enlarged grille, chrome-ringed projector headlights (as seen on the Tigor facelift) and 15-inch diamond-cut alloys mounted on 185-section tyres. Side skirts and a rear spoiler are part of the package, as is a contrast roof, contrast ORVMs and JTP badges on the grille, fender vents and at the back.

The interiors are all-black, with red surrounds for the AC vents, and the leather-wrapped steering wheel features contrast stitching. The seats feature a red hexagonal motif stitched into them, and there’s double contrast stitching on the seats as well on as the gearshift gaiter. Even the pedals are sporty aluminium examples. Additionally, both cars get a Harman 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth and voice command recognition. Also standard are dual airbags and ABS with corner stability control.

Initially, Tata Motors won't be selling the JTP models through all its dealerships. For now, it has handpicked 30 dealerships in 11 cities that will market the performance-oriented cars. That said, Tata Motors wants to make the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP accessible to prospective customers across India and could add more dealerships to handle JTP cars in the future. An interesting point to note is that both the Tiago JTP and the Tigor JTP follow the same service cycle as the standard models and can be serviced at any Tata passenger vehicle service centre throughout the country.

Our full review of the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP goes live at 1am tomorrow, so do remember to check it out!

In the meantime, what do you think of the pricing for the JTPs – is it competitive, or a little higher than you would’ve liked?

Source:ACI

Overall, the mood for the reviewers is all very good with respect to these cars. The embargo will be lifted tomorrow when all the reviews will be out. The hints say that these car seem to have ticked all the boxes and are sure shot winners. With regards to the pricing again Tata are exemplary as ever, fantastic introductory pricing. Hope these cars get bumper bookings.

I think this car will be a true successor to the Palio S10 or 1.6 GTX. It was one of the first hatchbacks to bring in 100bhp power on the tap, and though not a big hit, it did considerably well for its time.
I had one till 2014, when I changed the S10 with my Figo Diesel(1st Gen), which though is great on handling, did disappoint me in terms of performance. It was one of the things I had let go for better fuel efficiency and easier parts availability.
The Tiago does look like a sweet deal, but for me the deal breaker would be the handling. With the Figo diesel and the Tiago having similar 0-100 numbers, and the Figo coming with better safety features, it still is a big competition for the JTP. The Figo S, if re-launched, would be giving this quite some competition.

the beauty of inhouse development and localization is now what makes it VFM and a great small hot hatch

great pricing and cars tastefully done [:D]

Not lets see what rewivers are going to say about it.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Difference in tigor JTP and tiago JTP.

What tiago JTP gets extra
  • Rear Smart Wiper with Wash
  • Integrated Glossy Black Spoiler with Spats

What tigor JTP gets extra
  • Piano Black Front Fog Lamp Inserts
  • Chrome on Waistline
  • LED Tail Lamps
  • Rear Camera
  • Fully Automatic Temperature Control
  • Boot Lamp
  • Electric Boot Unlock

the price difference may seem like 1-1.2 lakhs but do take in account the discounts available on the normal variants. you can easily get 30-40k discounts so the difference increases by 1.4 lakhs - 1.6 lakhs for the performance variants.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks - but I think Tigor XZ(O) comes with Fully Automatic Climate control and XZ(O) as well as XZA variant comes with boot lamp and electric boot unlock..

(I have the XZA which already have the boot lamp and Electric boot unlock features)

Difference in tigor JTP and tiago JTP.

What tiago JTP gets extra
  • Rear Smart Wiper with Wash
  • Integrated Glossy Black Spoiler with Spats

the price difference may seem like 1-1.2 lakhs but do take in account the discounts available on the normal variants. you can easily get 30-40k discounts so the difference increases by 1.4 lakhs - 1.6 lakhs for the performance variants.
Sirji,
Rear smart wiper with wash is present in regular Tiago XZ variants.

To add to the list JTP List :-
1) Leather wrapped steering wheel
2) LED engine temperature, fuel gauge and Instaneous FE (now not available in regular Tiago)
3) Different Seat Fabrics
4) 5” Touch-Screen HU
5) 15” 185/60 meater tyres (I guess it gets Apollo Alnac 4G, which aren’t great)
6) Dual and throaty exhaust
7) Revised Front bumper, with side skirts and rear diffuser
8) Projector Headlights

All in all, a max premium of ₹1.5 lacs should be true VFM. Coming to discounts, I do agree with you.

Let’s wait for reviews, will get a better picture of how fun Tata can be. I also want to see how mod friendly these cars will be.

Note: I consider Tata to be boring to drive. I just hope I am proved wrong.

I also hope it gets better brakes so that I can swap it if possible :lol!:

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i was comparing the feature difference within the JTP variants and not with the normal variants. i was comparing the prices with the normal variants. sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Dot @ 1:00 hours, MotorBeam is out with review.
Performance seems promising but not their video [frustration]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsKHUuDOIDo

i was comparing the feature difference within the JTP variants and not with the normal variants. i was comparing the prices with the normal variants. sorry for the confusion.
My bad too, misread your post. Thanks for clarifying.

Made in India, for India by our very own homegrown OEM Tata. Respect[glasses]

The reviewer says he really wished he didn't have to do the review right now while driving the car, it clearly means how much fun the car is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tus9-yBibV8&feature=youtu.be

Few things missed:
#Seatbelts should have been red
#Steering should be D bottom shaped rather than a circle

All in all amazing effort and a new brand-JTP, this is what people were asking for.... it's here. Now let's see, will it change the sales nos or brand perception?

[clap]

Top Bottom