Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions

Can anyone please confirm whether we have any solution for the misaligned glove box in Tiago. Newer batches have these issues addressed it seems atleast from the pictures ?

So the rsa guy came , engine was cold so he depressed the clutch pedal and started pumping the accelerator while trying to start the car and the car started. Weird issue.
Could've been a flooded engine. Rare with fuel injected vehicles, but can happen depending on the throttle position and ignition timing while attempting to start the vehicle.

hi Guys i am owner of Tiago XZA 2017 Model car has done almost 10000 kms. I am facing these strange problems:

1. The AMT shifter makes a loud Clunk noise while shifting Gears tried in both Manual as well as Auto mode. The sound is not consistent but come intermittently mostly when i try to shift eagerly pressing the accelerator.
2. Mileage has been on the lower side even on highways maximum 19-20 kmpl and in city 12-14 kmpl. Service centre changed the clutch plate at 4000 kms under warranty/p2p...but no improvements significantly. Driving in manual mode allows to shift early at low rpms but manual mode has very high sensitive throttle thereby no increase in mileage. Hence, the question can we retard the mapping of engine in Manual mode.
3. Reverse gear does an whinning sound in movement. Started lately

Anyone in the group has any solutions for the above what can be done, shall i visit the SC only

Hi Guys,
I have a new taigo xz petrol just 3 months old.
I have the following issues noticed during the run
1.In slow speed (traffic) slight jerk feeling when we slowly removing the clutch
2. In low gears feels that acceleration is not uptown the power(84 bhp) mentioned, need to press accelerator much harden to get a push

Hi,

I have bought Tiago Petrol XZ variant in January. From a week I am facing an issue while applying breaks. Break and clutch seems to work weirdly when I put be feet on clutch paddle and apply the break at the same time. Break doesn't seems to be more responsive in a soft push and I have to make an effort to push it. Does any one facing the same issue?

Hi,

I have bought Tiago Petrol XZ variant in January. From a week I am facing an issue while applying breaks. Break and clutch seems to work weirdly when I put be feet on clutch paddle and apply the break at the same time. Break doesn't seems to be more responsive in a soft push and I have to make an effort to push it. Does any one facing the same issue?
Yes the free play is too much and ineffective till 50%. But the bite is assuring if you push hard. Hopefully you will get used to it.

Hi, I recently brought a petrol model of tata tiago xz. I personally feel that the sound of the engine is very high.i feel like I am sitting in some diesel car. Does this problem is there for every one on specific to me..kindly reply

I am a new owner of Tiago XT (Petrol) and a new driver. My feedback on this car is quite good. However, with AC, during gear shift to 3rd from 2nd, pick up drops drastically. Also, sometimes the key gets stuck during ignition and I have to move the steering a bit to get it started. I am not sure, if these are problems, however would love to hear from people who are using Tiago over a longer period.

A.C. performance has reduced in my Tiago nowadays. Does the extended warranty top up the AC gas for free? If not, then whats the cost of doing it in the service centre? And is it better to do at the service centre or outside??

A.C. performance has reduced in my Tiago nowadays. Does the extended warranty top up the AC gas for free? If not, then whats the cost of doing it in the service centre? And is it better to do at the service centre or outside??
Before doing anything, get the cabin filter cleaned, and remove all the muck, like twigs and filth which could have collected around the fan housing in all these years.
If this solves the low cooling issue, then take a call.

Hi guys, done with the third free service of my Tata Tiago XZ Espresso Brown July 2018 make at Focuz Automobiles Edappally, Ernakulam, Kerala. SA was friendly enough to take my queries and answer my phone calls. Interior was cleaned thoroughly. Exterior cleaning looks good but it was raining heavily these days in Kerala and hence nothing much was there to clean. Car has just completed 4900 kms in the past 12 months. Service cost was Rs. 2320/-. Special thanks to @Prabhagar for answering my queries via PM [:)]

-Oil and Oil filter changed. They used Mobil 5W30 fully synthetic oil. If I have to verify the color of oil, not much difference I'm seeing since the car has done below 5k as of now. By the looks of it, they had changed the oil filter (just asking how to confirm these changes ? I left the car at TASC and picked it the next day. With all the bad image TASCs have, I always have that apprehension).

-Bardahl Special Injector Klene invoiced. SA told me about a fuel additive at the time of appointment. Is this the same ? Invoiced amount of about Rs. 450/-

-Air and AC filter cleaned.

-Tyre rotation done. He said alignment is ok and hence no charge for the same.

-ECU and ICE update was there. How to confirm ECU update is done ? ICE version was of Oct 2018 even after service. He told me to bring back the car in order to remove the battery negative terminal and check the same as he was sure that it was done from their end. Rarest of cases as per his opinion.

I will rate 7.5/10 for this service. Good thing is, this TASC is not crowded as the other one in Ernakulam.

Could you please help me with the doubts above !

Last edited:
-ECU and ICE update was there. How to confirm ECU update is done ?
ECU version can only be verified by seeing it at the time of actual update, when SA connects their laptop and does the scan/update using some software. I'm not aware of any other way (May be by using obd scanning tool? But I'm not sure if ECU version is displayed there. I've never used it myself)

Top Bottom