Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions

Finally my screenching kind of sound like something got loose is fixed. Culprit was a loose front right wheel cover and not fanbelt! Finally the DET guy Satish at Concorde was a humble and knowledgeable person I met there. He fixed 2 sound issues. Really happy.
Recently I got car cleaned at 3M but they broke the AC clip [frustration], on top of that the broken clip got missing at the SVC. Have asked for resolution to svc. Also my paid service was marked as campaign by the poor service advisor Satish. Interior cleaning was very poor with new stain marks everywhere.[frustration]
Overall a mixed experience this time.
Finally looks like service centers are really serious about good ratings and feedback do matter. Concorde showing good gesture replaced whole AC vent for free marking it as warranty replacement. Now no issues with the car and service. Totally satisfied!

Does any one know if AC cleaning is part of routing checkup in a paid service? I was charged 324 for the same but the item mentioned in the app (and bill) was "Check AC system and determine fault". I feel this is fishy and the sales advisor was a big fraud. Can someone confirm this?

Also as another quick question, my clutch clamp broke when a driver from DriveU drove my car, I believe it should be covered under warranty (or P2P atleast). ASC near to my home said it probably itsn't and said part not available and is reluctant to order the part. Any cues on this?

Last edited:
Does any one know if AC cleaning is part of routing checkup in a paid service? I was charged 324 for the same but the item mentioned in the app (and bill) was "Check AC system and determine fault". I feel this is fishy and the sales advisor was a big fraud. Can someone confirm this?

Also as another quick question, my clutch clamp broke when a driver from DriveU drove my car, I believe it should be covered under warranty (or P2P atleast). ASC near to my home said it probably itsn't and said part not available and is reluctant to order the part. Any cues on this?
AC Filter cleaning is part of paid service.
Clutch clamp might not be in P2P or Warranty.

I'm facing a new issue with my 2-year-old Tata Tiago, which has run (hold on to your breath), only 3040 kilometers. [;)]

When I switched on my car last week, I found Temperature Gauge not displaying temperature bar at all, even after revving.

I don't see any check engine light or any other warning lights.

Is this fuse or battery issue?

Please find video attached.

Background
=======
Wiring of the temperature sensor (which is attached to engine) has been replaced twice before due to rat bite, at the service center itself.

After that I got wire meshwork done on the wiring in the engine bay to avoid rat bite, for the electrical cable which connects to the sensor.

So, is the mesh is interfering with the sensor?

Attachments

Cross posting from Tiago official review thread. Any thoughts on this ?
This is regarding DTE calculation/ display in MID of Tiago. I filled petrol for a small amount (200 + 300) but the DTE didn't got updated. But the rate of change in DTE while driving became slow (say 35 before filling. After filling also 35. After running 3 kms also, DTE shows 35) after this - meaning, one part of the software considers the actual amount of petrol in the tank but what is shown in the screen is something else. Any possible reasons [confused]

I'm facing a new issue with my 2-year-old Tata Tiago, which has run (hold on to your breath), only 3040 kilometers. [;)]

When I switched on my car last week, I found Temperature Gauge not displaying temperature bar at all, even after revving.

I don't see any check engine light or any other warning lights.

Is this fuse or battery issue?

Please find video attached.

Background
=======
Wiring of the temperature sensor (which is attached to engine) has been replaced twice before due to rat bite, at the service center itself.

After that I got wire meshwork done on the wiring in the engine bay to avoid rat bite, for the electrical cable which connects to the sensor.

So, is the mesh is interfering with the sensor?
How about after driving the car around for a while? An engine doesn't reach operating temperature immediately after start up, no matter how much you rev it. On a related note, you should avoid revving your engine before it's warm and at a stable temperature, to avoid unnecessary wear and tear.

Hi,
I own Tata Tiago XZ petrol from Oct 2018. The car has run about 5050 Km.
I have found some issues and those are listed below.

* Harman system turned off and not responding.
- This is second time happening after I got the car. (With in 3 months).
- It just suddenly turns off and doesn't respond even the car is on reverse gear.
- 1st time when it happened, technician said the software has been updated and hence the system had been turned off.
This is a serious issue if it happens every month and one can't go to service station every month to update the system.

* Reverse gear
- Gear struck in the mid way while I try to apply reverse gear.
- I have to bring it back to neutral, release the clutch, press the clutch and apply the gear again.
Does it happen to every car or is it my problem I don't know. This is my first car and I can't figure out if it is a problem.

* Sound when I shift gears
- Outside persons generally ask me why my car makes bigger sounds while I shift gears during parking or taking out the car from parking.
- Even I can hear the sounds when I drive the car opening the windows.
- I never came across such sounds with other cars and hence I find this a problem with my car.

* Engine sound
- Engine sound varies when I hold the clutch and when I release the clutch even the car is in neutral.
- I can clearly hear the sound from inside and easily differentiate the sound.
I just want to know it is common with every car.

* AC working issues
- AC worked really well for first 1-2 months. But after that the problem started.
- Cooling effect decreased by time.
- Stinks when it is in fan mode.

Thread Starter #219
* Harman system turned off and not responding.

Pls push for replacement of Harman unit.

This is a known issue in Tiago and will get better as your car clocks more KMs.
* Sound when I shift gears
Another Tiago quirk. Sounds like a lorry's gear shifting and I too hate this.
I haven't noticed this. Please post a video if possible.
* AC working issues
Your cabin air filter must have been clogged. Please get it cleaned or replaced and try to run without external air re-circulation mode.

So the rsa guy came , engine was cold so he depressed the clutch pedal and started pumping the accelerator while trying to start the car and the car started. Weird issue.
Did the service symbol go away after this? Could be a case of choked injectors, but 15k km is too less for this problem to occur. Ask them to check and change the petrol filter.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Car started but the symbol didn't go away. Will take the car to SC tomorrow. My brother didn't notice the symbol after the rsa guy started the car. Weirdly the rsa guy himself didn't see the symbol or ignored. Don't know.

Thread Starter #224
Car started but the symbol didn't go away. Will take the car to SC tomorrow. My brother didn't notice the symbol after the rsa guy started the car. Weirdly the rsa guy himself didn't see the symbol or ignored. Don't know.
This is a scheduled reminder symbol which shows up every 15K km. Your ASC forgot to clear it during oil change. It can be cleared by connecting their laptop to your car's OBD port.

Top Bottom