Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions

Its enough for a petrol engine to idle for 15 seconds.

Still will report this thing at the first service.
Yes the idle time is too much in Tiago. I think 25secs should be enough. When my car was new I used to feel that cold start jerk many times but after driving around 1400 kms its much better now and I dont feel cold start jerks. I never idle since whenever I have to take car in the morning I am in hurry. I have another issue if I don't idle. The car feels overpowered when I first time use second gear without idling. I have to brake hard as it feels like taming a bull. After that it gets normal. Not a big issue for me but new drivers need to be careful.

One issue I have is the parking sensor plays too safe sidewise and when parking in tight spots it gives false warnings as there would be sufficient space not to hit sideways. Wish they reduce sideways sensitivy. Has anyone else faced this?

Thread Starter #32
The car feels overpowered when I first time use second gear without idling. I have to brake hard as it feels like taming a bull. After that it gets normal.
This is because of raised RPM levels until warm up. As you said, we owners will get used to it over time. First timers will not like this for sure.

One issue I have is the parking sensor plays too safe sidewise and when parking in tight spots it gives false warnings as there would be sufficient space not to hit sideways. Wish they reduce sideways sensitivy. Has anyone else faced this?
I have noticed this too. Corner sensors are over sensitive and often ends up with false alarms.

I too feel its over-sensitive, so I check orvm and tend to over-rule it. The rear seasors (middle two) too feels sensitive to me.
If it shows 'STOP' on ICE there is still 12" back.

I have TATA ZEST XT RT and GEX NANO XT MT. By habit of start Zest, I follow settling idle my NANO for approx 20-25 sec then move further. We should follow this for all brands for smooth ride and engine performance.

Diesel Tiago owner here,

1. Engine Mounts :-
Fed-up of A engine mounts breaking after every 2,000 km.

Though​ it will be replaced under warranty, FOC but still why can't TATA overcome this issue?

2. ECU update :-
Mine is August 2016 manufactured, got ECU update.
Diesel clatter is non-existent and vibrations have reduced, pickup have increased. Feels so silent. Have to check whether it has taken impact on FE or not.

3. Suspensions :-
They are really delicate, and tends to loose up when going over pothole.
Got car back from second service on Friday, today hit a pothole at around 40 kmph, and can hear suspensions loosing up.

Hi, been driving Tata tiago for almost 10 months and was pretty happy with the car, but yesterday the Harman infotainment system is not turning on. Can you assist or suggest me some solutions. I don't know how much help will I get from the local tata dealer here. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, been driving Tata tiago for almost 10 months and was pretty happy with the car, but yesterday the Harman infotainment system is not turning on.... Can u assist or suggest me some solutions... I don't know how much help will I get from the local tata dealer here... Thanks
Fuse must have blown (most common issue) or HU issue.

Thread Starter #43
As Gautam suggested please check the fuse below steering wheel. You will have to open the plastic trim to access fuse box.

Hi everyone,

I have faced a problem
Outside temprature : 44 C
Driving speed: 110 KMPH
AC: On,
Load: 3 people
I was driving on 23 April 12 AM noon. I have almost completed 250 KM from Lucknow TAJ expressway. Suddenly my car started slowing down 100,80,70... untill it stopped. I restarted after 5 minutes but again after 2 Km same problem occured.

I waited for 30 minutes. After that I started and completed the rest 270 KM without any problem.

My question is
1. Is it a heating problem?
2. Is it happened to anyone else.

Thread Starter #45
Hi Vinay,
That is a very scary scenario. Did you take your car to service center and have them check for error codes in ECU? Please also answer below questions for our forum members to be able to pour in their troubleshooting:
1. Petrol or Diesel?
2. What was your temperature gauge reading? If it is a overheating problem, you would see it more than 3 bars.
3. Any warnings/lights lit up in instrument cluster?

Top Bottom