Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions

This is an extract from Facebook Tiago Owners Club. Cross sharing here so new car owners can benefit out of it:

Source: Facebook Tiago Owners Club
Credits: Arun Pandian
This is epic Prabhagar. Even I had car at my home but never changed tyre or so.
I quest, in my test drive Tiago, I felt that reverse sensor beep was a bit low. Can its volume be adjusted? Sales executive was out of clue how to do it.

Thread Starter #17
This is epic Prabhagar. Even I had car at my home but never changed tyre or so.
Me neither. I have to try it out on a weekend.
I quest, in my test drive Tiago, I felt that reverse sensor beep was a bit low. Can its volume be adjusted? Sales executive was out of clue how to do it.
Yes, it can be adjusted via Park Assist Volume option. Its range is 0 to 15.
Reference: Page 160 of ConnectNext User Manual.

Hi I am a new to 4 wheeler and Last month I bought Tata tiago.
I am facing similar issue of Gear. When I try to put revers it gives a Tarr sond and tak sound , Then after reversing, coming back to 1st gear again a very big problem. I had informed Tata service and waiting for their reply..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19
I am facing similar issue of Gear. When I try to put revers it gives a Tarr sond and tak sound , Then after reversing, coming back to 1st gear again a very big problem. I had informed Tata service and waiting for their reply..
Sorry, I could not understand your problem. Please explain in detail, possibly with a short video so we can try to help. Please also raise a complaint in TMSC app for better tracking and resolution from your service center.

This almost sounds like a clutch/shifter misadjustment issue, which you're noticing with Reverse as it's your only unsynchronized gear. But, to be sure, is this sounds like a mechanical grinding? Like my colleague above mentioned, a video would be incredibly useful.

Dear All
Greetings of the Day!!!!
I have Tata Tiago XZ Petrol bought on 1.2.17
Running Smoothly.
Harman System has a big fault..
Automatically it goes off when ignition on. after ignition switch off.
For the Same problem,i have visited Service center,But they said it's minor fault..Nd they reinstall the fuse..n it was working fine.
But this is repeated problem Everytime I can't go to center just for a fuse...
If any one have any idea then plz let me know...

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sunil Jangra

Last edited by a moderator:
For Diesel Tiago only

Weird knocking sound while cranking and turning off the engine.
Then Engine Mounts needs to be replaced, it will be done FOC. (Invoice attached)

I was told that TATA is conducting recall for it soon.

Mine is August 2016 manufactured Tiago

Diesel Tiago is also have fuel pipe replacement though it's VIN based

New Doc 2017-02-01_1.jpg

Any ideas if there is a workaround for the jerks after a cold start. Idling the car for more than 30-40 seconds seems too long.
I keep it on idle till the RPM comes down to 800, no issue after that warming up. It takes around 1.5-2 minutes for engine to come down from 1300 to 800 RPM.

2 minutes [surprise] this shouldn't happen with any car. I guess tata still needs to improve their engines.
It is not mandatory to do so, but it is good for engine. Agreed 2 minutes is a longer time but warming up engine for a minute on idle should be a routine practice on any engine.

Also note that the engine is very different than japanese/korean ones, it will settle down after few hundred kilometres of usage.

Thread Starter #27
Any ideas if there is a workaround for the jerks after a cold start. Idling the car for more than 30-40 seconds seems too long.
I too idle the engine till it settles down at 800ish RPM but if in a hurry, I move on. With time, we will learn to overcome the jerks by adjusting gear shifts accordingly.

it will settle down after few hundred kilometres of usage.
I do not understand this part, can you please clarify a bit more? [confused]

I do not understand this part, can you please clarify a bit more? [confused]
When the engine was brand new, I observed some issues like misfiring in exhaust note, roughness in engine, lack of power etc are gone now at around 550kms. Engine is more refined (comparatively) and power is on better side now.

Thread Starter #29
When the engine was brand new, I observed some issues like misfiring in exhaust note, roughness in engine, lack of power etc are gone now at around 550kms. Engine is more refined (comparatively) and power is on better side now.
OK thanks, I was trying to correlate this with the warm up time. [:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
It is not mandatory to do so, but it is good for engine. Agreed 2 minutes is a longer time but warming up engine for a minute on idle should be a routine practice on any engine.

Also note that the engine is very different than japanese/korean ones, it will settle down after few hundred kilometres of usage.
Its enough for a petrol engine to idle for 15 seconds.

Still will report this thing at the first service.

Top Bottom