Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions

Noticed just today.

When you don't wear seatbelt, and reverse IC doesn't display any seatbelt warning. But as and when you shift to first gear seatbelt warning is lit up on IC.

Note: I always buckle up,but for correcting my parking I noticed it and didn't buckle up. Pardon me for the mistake.
I don't think that can be construed as technical issue. It is much more comfortable and prudent to freely twist and reverse park than park with seat belts on.

The Fuelio app is really nice to keep track of all expenses & track mileage,expenses.

The difference between MID & actual tankful method is around 2kmpl now.Hope it reduces even further.MID showed 22.5 kmpl & actual worked out to be 20.5kmpl. This included highway runs & city runs.City runs are 2nd gear & 3rd gear with AC.Highway is 70kmph with AC on half the time.

Last edited:
Is anyone still getting cold start jerks?
I used to get initially but after 1200kms or so it has vanished. Now I don't even idle for 15 secs but still no jerks. I am almost at 2000 kms now [:D]

Last edited:
My car has crossed 3000kms & no cold start jerks.just start & keep driving.RPM needle starts at below 1000 count & remains there.so no use of idling anymore.It does vibrate a lot on idle.
Yesh same with my rpm Needle. Earlier it used to wait at 1500 for more than a minute but now it starts much lower and quickly settles around 800rpm and no jerks. Not sure if TASC did something in my first service.
Even I do face some vibrations at idle but not too much. Car has gotten smoother on the run now. In my usual city runs what I recently calculated, lowest FE I got is 10.9 (good traffic,95% AC), highest 12.7 (moderate traffic, 80% AC). I also observed, without AC, run the car in Eco mode and it starts giving very good FE. But with the pollution and dust on our roads I find it hard to drive without AC.

Thread Starter #66
Yesh same with my rpm Needle. Earlier it used to wait at 1500 for more than a minute but now it starts much lower and quickly settles around 800rpm and no jerks. Not sure if TASC did something in my first service.
I cranked at 6:30am today and noticed the usual 1400ish RPM levels for about a minute. What time of the day do you normally start? Just trying to rule out the warm summer weather.

I cranked at 6:30am today and noticed the usual 1400ish RPM levels for about a minute. What time of the day do you normally start? Just trying to rule out the warm summer weather.
Yeah I start after 8.30am or at night around 7-8pm generally. But earlier even if I started in the afternoon it used to run in high rpm for a minute and give cold start jerks. Even Vyasknit reported it solved for him. Im clueless how it solved by itself or TASC did something when I went for their campaign of Harman Version upgrade. Check with your SC next time you visit if they have some solution. Tomorrow is my 2nd Service. Prabhagar confused whether to change engine oil. I have run 2000kms. Tata advices to change at 15K kms but few owners are changing Engine oil as early as 1000km. Your opinion?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #68
Check with your SC next time you visit if they have some solution.
Haha they won't know anything about this for sure, unless I create a scene and make them do some research [lol]. Besides, I don't drive daily, so I guess I will give it a pass.

Tomorrow is my 2nd Service. Prabhagar confused whether to change engine oil. I have run 2000kms. Tata advices to change at 15K kms but few owners are changing Engine oil as early as 1000km. Your opinion?
Those who change at 1000 believe it will remove metal particles during run-in period. I have no say on that and did not change oil during 1st and 2nd services. Also your running seems low, so I do not see any benefit in changing oil at this time. Please make sure they rotate your tires if the front tread depth has reduced compared to rear tires.

I start my car at 7:30 morning.Even on Sunday afternoon same results.I believe it has settled down on its own.Will visit SRT tata this Sunday to attend a dealer call for its customers.Hope to lay hands on AMT or Tigor. Also need to check for Harman update & vibrations in cabin in neutral.

Thread Starter #70
I start my car at 7:30 morning.Even on Sunday afternoon same results.I believe it has settled down on its own.Will visit SRT tata this Sunday to attend a dealer call for its customers.Hope to lay hands on AMT or Tigor. Also need to check for Harman update & vibrations in cabin in neutral.
I attended one of those meets a few months ago. I think they conduct in small batches to manage crowd. Looking forward to hear updates from you post the meeting.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Took my friends car for first service. Issues reported.
1. Griding noise while applying brakes.
2. Nozzle doesn't spray properly. Doesn't cover full glass.
3. Passenger's seat plastic became loose.
4. Gear lever vibration on the move.
5. Noise coming from driver side door. Something lose inside.
6. And told him to update the Ecu. Car vibrates a lot in 2nd gear under jeavy acceleration even when the car is driven for 30 minutes.

Attachments

Thread Starter #74
The gear lever vibration , car shaking at 2nd gear is still present.
They did update the ecu but i didn't find any changes.
RN13 is the latest ECU calibration version. I believe mine was updated when my HU was replaced for no reason [lol]. Off late, I notice considerable drop in vibrations overall, but it could be an after-effect of driving a Zoomcar Scorpio for 1000 KMs. I cannot comment on the "car shaking at 2nd gear" issue, may be you can get in touch with other owners in Delhi and check out their cars if possible. PM me if you need some contacts.

Dear Tiago owners. A bit off topic, I was planning to buy a car, and the best package in my price range seems in Tiago. But I am seeing a lot of niggles here in forum. Give me your honest advice, should I go for Tiago or should I look somewhere else ?

Top Bottom