Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions

Yes Sirji. Under hard acceleration the ac compressor cuts off. In Diesel it happens at ~3300 rpm.
Hi Gautam,

This is a safety feature in most modern car's. If there is excessive load on the compressor it trips, so no damage is done to the internals of the compressor.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Vinod

Given my car for 1st paid Service. Odo is roughly 7.8K. my uncle told me that the screeching sound coming from engine area is fan belt issue and probably its loose. Sound was audible only at silent places but very irritating. I asked him to replace the fan belt under P2P but he said they have tighened it and it should not make any sound. Will force them to replace under P2P if sound again came.

Hi Guys,
I am getting steering wheel rattle in rough roads even at speed 15kmph. Any one facing same issue? I have visited the service center and during our test drive with SA ,the same was being observed. As the SA showed me the issue in other test car, I had to close the complaint.

Need your input guys.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: Toy Car: Tata Tiago XZA [Done 7,500 Kms]

I believe XZA comes with 'Park Assist' feature.

Can you please tell me how this works, what are the assistance we get from this feature whilst parking the car. What important difference this feature have compared to 'reverse parking camera''??

Kindly clarify

Can you please tell me how this works, what are the assistance we get from this feature whilst parking the car. What important difference this feature have compared to 'reverse parking camera''??

Kindly clarify
Well, the actual Park Assist feature in expensive segment/luxury cars is much more different.

In Tiago XZA, it is just the rear parking sensors with a proximity display on dashboard. It doesnot comes with a factory fitted reverse camera. You may get it fitted at showroom as original accessory. I personally don't think it's required though.

Like in all other reverse parking sensor systems, this unit also gives audible and visible warnings in case there is any obstacle closer to car's rear bumper.

Anything too high, or too low will not be sensed by the given 04 sensors on rear bumper.

But yes, these serves the purpose well. And with superb ORVMs these help beautifully in every aspect of reversing the car. Be it parallel parking, or reversing into tight gaps.

Thread Starter #203

Kindly clarify
Here is a pic from TAI review of Tiago. From my experience, its feedback is a bit delayed so one has to back up slower than normal to be on the safer side.
Tata-Tiago-Park-Assist.jpg

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Thanks. Yes, I have seen the image and explanation.

What I like to know is that, is there any special advantage comparing Park assist feature and Reverse parking camera. Are you getting any audio guideline whilst reverse parking or just those images only.?

Thread Starter #205

What I like to know is that, is there any special advantage comparing Park assist feature and Reverse parking camera. Are you getting any audio guideline whilst reverse parking or just those images only.?
Yes there are audible beeps when an object is detected. The beeps will be faster when car gets closer to objects and at ~1 feet distance, it beeps continuously. These videos will explain this better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQiz8Uegi4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgpdS6gNo5c

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Thanks very much Prabhagar.

So, it's only a Park assist sensors and not like a reverse parking camera sensor whereby we can see the full rear side along with beep sound which will help us to see what all things at the rear end of the car and park the car without hitting any of the objects or the wall behind.

I am just thinking whether to replace my Alto K10 and go for Tiago or wait for new Wagon R which expected to launch in September or October 2018.

Here is a pic from TAI review of Tiago. From my experience, its feedback is a bit delayed so one has to back up slower than normal to be on the safer side.
View attachment 245655
It works exactly same in Tigor as well. Park assist is nothing but improved parking sensors.
Reverse camera on the other hand gives view behind your vehicle , combination of both should be fool proof which I am looking to install in my Tigor.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Rightly said @anshuman8.

I too wanted Reverse camera with the sensor. On my Alto K10, I have fitted Reverse camera from Maruti dealer - Nippon RPAS 80 which is working fine and serving the purpose, but the display is fixed on the IRVM which I do not like or rather not comfortable.

Since Tiago got only Park sensers, and if we need to fix a reverse camera function also which means do we need to change HU???

Oh no !!! That would be very expensive. There are few types of after market cameras :
1. Rear Mirror mounted (which you have I suppose)
2. Small Screen which is Dash mounted
3. Integrated with GPS and windshield mounted.
The third one is best but not easily available in India but available in AliExpress and Amazon US.
Of course you can change the HU to OEM Tigor XZO version but I am not sure of price , or other aftermarket HU with LED touchscreen panel but both would be expensive affairs.

Last edited:
Given my car for 1st paid Service. Odo is roughly 7.8K. my uncle told me that the screeching sound coming from engine area is fan belt issue and probably its loose. Sound was audible only at silent places but very irritating. I asked him to replace the fan belt under P2P but he said they have tighened it and it should not make any sound. Will force them to replace under P2P if sound again came.
Finally my screenching kind of sound like something got loose is fixed. Culprit was a loose front right wheel cover and not fanbelt! Finally the DET guy Satish at Concorde was a humble and knowledgeable person I met there. He fixed 2 sound issues. Really happy.
Recently I got car cleaned at 3M but they broke the AC clip [frustration], on top of that the broken clip got missing at the SVC. Have asked for resolution to svc. Also my paid service was marked as campaign by the poor service advisor Satish. Interior cleaning was very poor with new stain marks everywhere.[frustration]
Overall a mixed experience this time.

Top Bottom