Tata Tiago Revotron Petrol Drive Review

Hi,
You get to hear so many complaints because we are of an atitude that TATA is indian brand hence the product cannot be reliable. Well, my friend who owned a Dzire was called up after one year for part replacement which was a critical part. Now you talk about the "mud in the bay" of Zest, how critical is that part?? we crib & cry for small things when we buy a TATA but even Honda's call back there cars for faulty part replacements. I own a Zest and bro come with me to the Service center in Kundanahalli, i will show you what service they provide. They treat & care for the customers specially the owners of Zest.
You get a product which is value for money (infact at cheaper price...i repeat CHEAP) but still we want to pin point,crib for small and minute things.
Check the service intervals for TATA against Maruthi/Hyundai....check the cost of service at TATA against Maruthi/Hyundai...I agree you had a bad experience but that doesnt mean TATA is bad or incapable of producing good products. My next car would also be a TATA and that too from the first batch!!
Hey Kallem we as a family have been buying from TATA from past 4 years. Our list of cars

1. Manza 2011
2. Fiat punto 2012
3. Ford Ecosport 2013
4. Zest 2014
5. Aria 2014
6. Nano XTA 2015
7. TATA XENON 2016.

Have been entirely happy with all of them , and sure I will keep continuing to buy TATA in future. My next one should hopefully be the HEXA.

Hey Kallem we as a family have been buying from TATA from past 4 years. Our list of cars

1. Manza 2011
2. Fiat punto 2012
3. Ford Ecosport 2013
4. Zest 2014
5. Aria 2014
6. Nano XTA 2015
7. TATA XENON 2016.

Have been entirely happy with all of them , and sure I will keep continuing to buy TATA in future. My next one should hopefully be the HEXA.
Thats the spirit bro...I believe Tiago to be a big hit and am eagerly waiting for Nexon

Tata Tiago Test Drive Report (No Pics)

Today had an opportunity to test the new TIAGO and here is what i found out !

Since it was announced i was just dreaming to get hands on and probably book one.

But Destiny had something else written for me, i placed request for TD and within few hours got call back and then within few minutes got call from dealer everything went smooth :)
Reached Showroom and took the XZ car for TD to find out following

PROS
1.The Moment i got in it was awwww beautifuly designed dashboard and steering wheel
2.Seat comfort was good as they were comfy and wide enough to support my ass
3.Steering wheel - It was like feather touch i could literally turn with index finger
4.Space was great - Three at the back would be just good with medium height and weight (i weigh about 75 kg and height 5.11) and with big glass area sense of airiness was good
5.Ofcoure - Harman's excellent audio
6.Ride and handling was good - Not Really concerned
CONS
1.The AC - Nightmare ! am not joking guys ! I have driven eon and alto beleive me both have better ACs than TIAGO. After switching on waited for 5 miniutes ! Wont cool even the front forget back. And yes it was NOISY but bearable. I confirmed with two tiago one TD vehicle and one with TC NO both had ineffective ac
2.The Engine - It is no exciting here as well i literally could not understand its acceleration. With or without AC did not get a linear and crisp output like that of eon or alto. Furthur 1.2 liter motor was not exciting though put my pedal to the floor it will pick up lazily (All these with city mode)
3.NVH - Only thing i felt was too much of vibrations.We had to drive through slope for entry and exit of the showroom area and while on slope the whole car vibrated like hell
4.Unlock/lock pull type - Did not have pronlem with pull type but it felt like as if pins were smaller than the holes ! It contributed to Rattling

With all due respect to present and prospective owners of TIAGO it is an excellent package for NON ENTHUSIASTs.
Enthusiats who love peppy egines will not be picking TIAGO

Please see that these are personal views i am in no way affiliated to any other brand. As an enthusiast i had great expectations with TIAGO but somehow i am feeling disappointed !

Re: Tiago - Test Drive Report (No Pics)

Dont know how some people found its AC is not upto the mark. In my TD car, it was all perfect. Or may be because, I drove at around 10:30 am or so.
Yes the petrol definitely lags, but to say Alto/Eon pulls better is something I dont agree. By the way, I drive an i20 diesel. Even though I am spoiled by the Diesel's torque, I did not found the petrol that bad. I havnt test rode the Diesel Tiago though.
NVH- I agree, EON has better NVH.

Yes i had made my mind to BOOK tiago before entering showroom but my brother in law said first take TD and then you know what happened !
By the way, why i did not like engine is because VIBRATED alot on slope and main thing while flat out acceleration it used to get HICCUP like fuel is empty and then pulls ok ok ! Which did not happen in alto or eon !

Furthur as i mentioned first time in TD car i could not beleive AC is so weak so after finishing TD asked them to show me AC in other TIAGO which is with TC number and under shade but it was same we waited like 5 mins but nothing happened, on 3rd speed it was noisy so did not make sense.

I have driven my brother in law's 2012 eon and ac is beleive me chilling and SILENT within 3 mins it chills even the back passanger

After that i went straight off to Hyundai showroom and directly negotiating for Eon magna plus :p by the way 425000 on Road is good for that ? Includes 15000 worth engine waxing ,underbody coating,blah blah etc wich i think is costing 10000 !

This is problem with Tata .. PERCEPTION and ANTICIPATION.

When people tend not to find any other fault with the car they start bring up points that may or may not be quantified, as they need some points to pacify their mind to reject the car.

There is no doubt A/c in Alto is best as the cabin space is quite less and it chills it in much less time. I have seen my friends Alto to chill faster than City, as the blowers in Alto seems to throw air at your face. At the same time if you are climbing a flyover or gradient with AC on, it shows how much it affects your engine output.

Vibrations : I am sure vibrations creep up only when you are not driving on correct gear or the surface is faulty. It may be possible that the showroom slope would be gritted for better grip so wheels don't spin of slip. Did you felt those vibrations while driving on road as well ??

Acceleration : Please confirm if you TD'ed a Petrol or Diesel car. Diesel mills are not supposed to be driven with paddle to metal approach. TAI members will agree that there is a art of realizing true potential from a diesel motor and it wont deliver if you tend to drive it like a petrol motor.

You need to keep the engine at healthy revs and see the difference. If you tend to shift early it wont work for you.

Please take a test drive with these points in mind and I am sure the car wont fail you.

Cheers !!

SG

This is problem with Tata .. PERCEPTION and ANTICIPATION.

When people tend not to find any other fault with the car they start bring up points that may or may not be quantified, as they need some points to pacify their mind to reject the car.

There is no doubt A/c in Alto is best as the cabin space is quite less and it chills it in much less time. I have seen my friends Alto to chill faster than City, as the blowers in Alto seems to throw air at your face. At the same time if you are climbing a flyover or gradient with AC on, it shows how much it affects your engine output.

Vibrations : I am sure vibrations creep up only when you are not driving on correct gear or the surface is faulty. It may be possible that the showroom slope would be gritted for better grip so wheels don't spin of slip. Did you felt those vibrations while driving on road as well ??

Acceleration : Please confirm if you TD'ed a Petrol or Diesel car. Diesel mills are not supposed to be driven with paddle to metal approach. TAI members will agree that there is a art of realizing true potential from a diesel motor and it wont deliver if you tend to drive it like a petrol motor.

You need to keep the engine at healthy revs and see the difference. If you tend to shift early it wont work for you.

Please take a test drive with these points in mind and I am sure the car wont fail you.

Cheers !!

SG
Beleive it or not TIAGO was supposed to be my car i had decided it after reading and seeing almost all reviews ! But when i actually took test drive i somehow felt tables turned ! Just may be you r right about engine but i can not be wrong in AC department as i checked not once but with two different cars ! It was just same ineffective again today i had an opportunity to drive my brother in laws EON and frnds RITZ both have excellent AC cooled within 3 minutes !
About the perception brother if i had thought traditionally i would have never gone to TATAs showroom with money in hand

Again see these are personal views ! The AC and Engine as per my experience were major let down that turned me off !

Beleive it or not TIAGO was supposed to be my car i had decided it after reading and seeing almost all reviews ! But when i actually took test drive i somehow felt tables turned ! Just may be you r right about engine but i can not be wrong in AC department as i checked not once but with two different cars ! It was just same ineffective again today i had an opportunity to drive my brother in laws EON and frnds RITZ both have excellent AC cooled within 3 minutes !
About the perception brother if i had thought traditionally i would have never gone to TATAs showroom with money in hand

Again see these are personal views ! The AC and Engine as per my experience were major let down that turned me off !
I understand your concern however mine experience was totally diffrent. My friend owns one and from last few days we roam in Tiago as its easy in traffic and new kid. We never felt any issues with AC and engine issues as specified by you.

Yes its not an enthu car but nowhere innadequete when it comes to pulling power, and compared to eon & alto its much better.

I drove the car immediate after driving celerio and never felt what you mentioned. May be try another TD and see if it change your experience.

After that i went straight off to Hyundai showroom and directly negotiating for Eon magna plus :p by the way 425000 on Road is good for that ? Includes 15000 worth engine waxing ,underbody coating,blah blah etc wich i think is costing 10000 !
I am not following EON so dont know what variant however, ensure that the car has ABS, and airbags. A bit costly option but life is more precious.

Even if engine coating is not done its fine but car should have abs and airbags.

Hello Folks,

Just joined this forum. Thanking you all in advance for answering my query.

I booked a Tiago XZ petrol and now I am confused about everything it seems [frustration]

Requirements:
=====
I am not going to drive more than 500-700 KM/month
Would love to take it to the hill station near by on weekends etc(enough power)
Budget can be stretched till 8 OTR Bangalore
Mileage is not too much worry(12-14 would be fine)
Safe
Fun/Ease to drive
VIMP: Fuss free A.S.S.(lack of time [cry])
=====

Confused About:
=====
Figo 1.2 Titanium
Toyota Etios Liva VXI
Tiago XZ
=====

Please suggest me. I can even check the Diesel too but heard from folks that maintaining a diesel vehicle is harder than petrol.

Thanks,
Amit

Hello sir , does Tata Tiago engine is made in foreign countries and assembled here in India ? Thank you

TATA Tiago Revotron Petrol

View attachment 197042

TATA, one of the most respected Indian automotive brand has finally added a new peppy performer to its vehicle line-up. It is the much awaited, the cute and pretty looking hatchback, TATA TIAGO. Tata Tiago has been able to garner the attention of all whether its the prospective buyers or us enthusiasts. Tata Tiago was earlier named as ZICA, but, some circumstances made TATA to go ahead and change it's name to TIAGO. As Willam Shakespeare rightly said, What's in a name? I too say so indeed. Whether its TIAGO or ZICA, this car is indeed a different offering from the Indica lineage of which people have always been talking of and earlier as well, some of the good products by TATA had to face a sore fate due to their comparison to Indica. Now with the TIAGO, people and enthusiasts, have big hopes from TATA and all of us are looking forward to the day when this zippy and sporty looking hatchback shall come on Indian roads. But prior to that, it is also undeniable that people's expectations with this product are also equally high. Will it break the Jinx of Indica Tag? Will it break the Jinx of TATA being labelled as TAXI brand? Will it be able to stand above the competition? In real world driving, will it be as efficient and agile as has been seen from various testings in the past and even present? and Biggest of all, How much will it Cost? There were many such questions which clouded even my mind when for the 1st time I laid my hands on the TIAGO. The review which I am writing here is about my driving experience with the Petrol Revotron powered TATA Tiago which I drove in Mumbai. Now did it excite me? Did I feel happy? Let's see!

Hi guys,

Posting after a long gap. Drove Tiago couple of weeks back. Oh boy!!! It felt awesome. I own a Zest since 1 yr 9 mos. Tiago looked interesting since the day it launched and was willing to test drive it. But due to busy schedule wasn't finding a time to have a test drive. I went to Tata showroom related to a query for my zest's seat covers and chrome grill replacement. And I saw Tiago....the guy on counter knows me well so offered a TD. I was surprised with the smooth drive and maneuverability. It could be a superb option for a city car. It felt like zest but much lighter. I think it might lack a punch on highways... didn't drive but in city it is awesome.

Hexa looks damn gorgeous and masculine. Tata's new entrants have world class designs be it interior or exterior and in this department another Indian manufacturer Mahindra is lacking.

Recently got Tata Tiago XZ Petrol.
Few observations:
1. Those who have Iphone or plan to buy that phone MUST NOT buy this car. They will not be able to use the ConnectNext Application. Only Android phone users can use this application. I have Iphone and I can't use ConnectNext fully.[anger] Phone should have 3G/4G data enabled for authentication and further use. This info I could not see in the manual provided.
2. Gear ratio is such that most of the time in city traffic 2nd gear must be used. One must shift down frequently. Have hardly ever used 5th gear!!! Maybe I will get a chance on highway.
3. Car AC is good and interior is high class
4. Sound system is best.

Top Bottom