Tata Tiago Revotron Petrol Drive Review

Thanks for a good review with all details pictures.

I feel that TIAGO will hamper the sales figure or BOLT. So TATA will have to think to revamp BOLT with some more exciting features like ESP, 6 Airbags, bigger car body with larger boot space to push BOLT in competition with BALENO, I20 ELITE or JAZZ.

The much awaited @Akash review, superb attention to details, no birdie drops on the pricing? strange, with just a few days to go, at least rumors!!

I like the handle/scoop provided in the boot to close it, nice.

@Tata price it sensibly, and shake up the giant in you.

Great review Aakash. good attention to the details.

Images are also very good and clear and give the exact details intended. Tiago definitely looks like an all round package to suit the needs of the general car buyer. with stunning performance in the currently conducted endurance runs, I am sure Tiago is no small performer on roads. Have seen the petrol one clock 160kmph and the engine were also not screaming so basically quite good potential in the car.

Hope this is percieved well by the desi junta and get the desired numbers for Tata. Bolt and Zest got the numbers by word of mouth referrals. Let see how Taigo does on the sales.

Thread Starter #20

Akash1886

Honoured Member
no birdie drops on the pricing? strange, with just a few days to go, at least rumors!!

@Tata price it sensibly, and shake up the giant in you.
Thanks Vinod Ji, About the pricing, I am returning to Mumbai on this coming Saturday. Will visit and check with the dealer if any price info is there with them.

Regards

Akash

Re: Still a gamble

Thanks for a good review with all details pictures.

I feel that TIAGO will hamper the sales figure or BOLT. So TATA will have to think to revamp BOLT with some more exciting features like ESP, 6 Airbags, bigger car body with larger boot space to push BOLT in competition with BALENO, I20 ELITE or JAZZ.
I dont think TATA has any product as of now, that can even compete with I20 elite. The bolt, Zest etc cannot beat a Elite no matter what amount of features are added. Tata is best left at where it stands right now with Bolt/Zest.

Thanks Vinod Ji, About the pricing, I am returning to Mumbai on this coming Saturday. Will visit and check with the dealer if any price info is there with them.
Regards

Akash
Very neat review Akash ji. On my last Nano meet, we did see the Zica is person, felt it is better than other Tata's in terms of fit & finish, however the front bumper & honeycomb design is an eye sore, its extended a bit too much. However looks are subjective. Hope TATA guys dont mess up again with first lot of Tiago buyers.

Usually their first lot of cars, have loads of issues.

Pricing: Good
Design: Better than before
Drive: Not driven yet
Will I ever buy: No, never ever a Tata again.

I dont think TATA has any product as of now, that can even compete with I20 elite. The bolt, Zest etc cannot beat a Elite no matter what amount of features are added. Tata is best left at where it stands right now with Bolt/Zest.

Very neat review Akash ji. On my last Nano meet, we did see the Zica is person, felt it is better than other Tata's in terms of fit & finish, however the front bumper & honeycomb design is an eye sore, its extended a bit too much. However looks are subjective. Hope TATA guys dont mess up again with first lot of Tiago buyers.

why this decision ji? Tata is the only manufacturer in the mass market segment who seems to bring exciting cars. You shouldn't judge their current cars based on your old Nanos experience.

Sorry to say but your language seems too harsh. On a public forum where we discuss about cars based on their performance et all, you are judging the car by the tata logo which is not the same as it used to be. We have been lately criticising people who seem to do such things. Please avoid using such language in the future.

why this decision ji? Tata is the only manufacturer in the mass market segment who seems to bring exciting cars. You shouldn't judge their current cars based on your old Nanos experience.
It is not NANO experience, it is overall TATA experience which makes me feel that they need an overhaul. No matter how exciting a car is, how well the design is, no matter how good their current gen cars are - the core thing that keeps us happy after spending lakhs of rupees is "After Sales Service". TASS is a long way from being customer friendly. Every visit to TASS leaves me a with refreshing dose of disappointment.

Sorry to say but your language seems too harsh. On a public forum where we discuss about cars based on their performance et all, you are judging the car by the tata logo which is not the same as it used to be. We have been lately criticising people who seem to do such things. Please avoid using such language in the future.
I have had first hand bad experience @ 3 TASS across bangalore with my nano.
I have accompanied my friend's for their Indica services @ concorde, I wish I had never gone.
I have heard the plight of a reputed member of this forum, who bought a brand new Safari 2months back, on how hard it was for him to get a simple plastic part replacement which TASS broke in the first place (at the time of delivery). It took a lengthy chain of emails &2 weeks of regular visits to sort it out.

Now give me one reason to believe that this great logo has changed. They have to make huge changes @ dealership level, getting Messi on poster is of no user, if you cant cater well to your customers.

Whether you own a Nano/Safari or the latest Tsunami that rolled out of Tata factory. Your joy ride might end with the end of warranty. For some it began right at delivery.

They did mediocre job on both cars, hence response is pretty much less. After all the performance & performance talks, you do have to visit the service center - THIS IS WHERE ALL THE BRAND IMAGE is expected to deliver.

I dont think TATA has a...........t stands right now with Bolt/Zest.

The below thing is reality -
Hope TATA guys dont mess up again with first lot of Tiago buyers.

Celerio was launched recently - how many actual threads exist on any forum to discuss issues of its first batch?
WagonR AT was launched 2months back -
i10 grand & I20 elite was launched - have u heard of people complaining on first batch?
Etios with all its cost cutting - how many actual issues with first batch?

Indica 1st gen - we all know how it went & how many people swore not to return.
Tata Nano 1st gen - Ac condenser, engine mount, Thermostat - repeated failures.
Tata zest 1st gen - this time they could not even design the wheel liner properly, so all slush & mud seeping inside engine bay.

Tata's 1st lot is a gamble, either lucky & got gifted a lemon.

I am sorry mods, for typing way OT here. But people should not call my language harsh, because I spoke my opinion based on facts! I dont wear a goggle that says - I love TATA no matter what! I see things as they are.

I am not a brand lover & I am not inclined towards any brand*

Had a chance to drive tiago revotron. It was a very short test drive,overall impressed with the package.was changing lanes easily,u turn was butter smooth loved the steering return feature, the only down side air conditioning.wish this car gets bolts petrol and diesel engines

A very well written and detailed review. [clap]

I had a short test drive of the Revotron Tiago last week from Concorde Chennai. Here are my first impressions:

Exterior: Full marks given to TATA designers in this department. The trickle down effect of acquisition of JLR is evident in the clean design. The design looks proportionate and pleasing. Some tasteful touches like split spoilers and smiling grill adds value to the design. And the most important part, no resemblance to Indica what so ever.

Interior: The interior impressed me and my family. I personally like black interiors over beige. The dash board is better than the Marutis of same segment and on par with Hyundai. The seats are of good quality and the roof knitting gives a premium feel. Tata has given really good interior quality for this segment.

Drive: The drive left me with mixed feelings to be honest. I had high expectations after seeing the 85 PS power rating on paper. But the Tiago suits more of a sedate driving style IMHO. By the way this is acceptable considering the price range and the fuel economy. The ride was good, but I could hear slight clutter when driven through a rough terrain. I would take a longer test drive to gauge the ride and handling.

Overall Tiago impressed me very much and I feel the car is very much VFM. The only issues in mind are the Tata after sales service and the re-sale value. Will keep a good watch on the April and May sales of Tiago and the ownership reports before I make my decision on booking, as I need a new car by July.

Even though I posted it in another thread, I'm posting my short TD review of Tiago Petrol here, because it is the review thread obviously!

Got a chance to TD Petrol Tiago Top-End. Here is my very short review.

Drive was with 3 passengers. 2 well built and 2 medium built. It started from my office, where they have one un-scientific speed breaker where I have to go real slow in Xcent, if more than 3 passengers. But with Tiago, it is not the case. 170mm looks closer to Xcent, but I guess stiff suspension played it part really well.

Space inside cabin is awesome and can't believe Xcent rear knee space is short of Tiago, when I put the driver seat with my comfortable position. Dang, TATA knows a lot when it comes to space. In fact, a guy who sat in the back seat behind drivers seat was more than 6 feet but have no issues regarding knee room!!!

Controls are all in proper place except the ORVM adjuster. It isn't easy to operate during the drive. But other than that, everything felt easy to reach. Can't believe they give same ICE from Zest. It was just awesome. I applaud TATA for this. Recently I put my decision to replacing car on hold and after this drive, it kinda came back. Why TATA, why? Stalks looks ok, seat cover looks good and all black interior is excellent! I hate beige! Doors are solid, but not VW solid, but solid compared to competition.

Now comes the power! In one word, it is good. Moving from standstill is good even with the load. Can't believe this is a 3-cyl engine! Gearshift is smooth and clutch is light. Power is linear and good enough for city commute. For overtaking, one needs little planning with gear ratios. But one damn irritating thing was clutch/acc pedal and gear level vibrates. This TD car was done about 3700 kms but it vibrates. As a person coming from Hyundai petrol engine, this was a slight irritant. But can only be concluded if it's deal breaker or not, is over a long drive.

Coming to handling, steering is ultra smooth. Lot smoother than Zest/Bolt twins. Weighs up nicely. It is obviously better than Xcent's EPS unit. Gear shifts are smooth and I can rate it next to Xcent. No struggle or whatsoever. Cornered at speeds of 50 and it holds its composure. Sure, handling is key area for Tiago and it didn't disappoint in any way. Tried to test ABS, and it kicked in just before a huge pothole I was about to run over at 50 km speed. And it stopped in straight line without any drama!

Overall, it is a nice package at drool worthy price. I will be really sad if it doesn't sell well. This was the one car which make me feel the need to have second car! I wish success and luck for TATA and applaud them for doing a commendable job in giving us worthy car, at superb price in a segment where other car makers offer nothing but sub-par products!

Last edited:
It is not NANO experience, it is overall TATA experience which makes me feel that they need an overhaul. No matter how exciting a car is, how well the design is, no matter how good their current gen cars are - the core thing that keeps us happy after spending lakhs of rupees is "After Sales Service". TASS is a long way from being customer friendly. Every visit to TASS leaves me a with refreshing dose of disappointment.

I have had first hand bad experience @ 3 TASS across bangalore with my nano.
I have accompanied my friend's for their Indica services @ concorde, I wish I had never gone.
I have heard the plight of a reputed member of this forum, who bought a brand new Safari 2months back, on how hard it was for him to get a simple plastic part replacement which TASS broke in the first place (at the time of delivery). It took a lengthy chain of emails &2 weeks of regular visits to sort it out.

Now give me one reason to believe that this great logo has changed. They have to make huge changes @ dealership level, getting Messi on poster is of no user, if you cant cater well to your customers.

Whether you own a Nano/Safari or the latest Tsunami that rolled out of Tata factory. Your joy ride might end with the end of warranty. For some it began right at delivery.

They did mediocre job on both cars, hence response is pretty much less. After all the performance & performance talks, you do have to visit the service center - THIS IS WHERE ALL THE BRAND IMAGE is expected to deliver.

I dont think TATA has a...........t stands right now with Bolt/Zest.

The below thing is reality -
Hope TATA guys dont mess up again with first lot of Tiago buyers.

Celerio was launched recently - how many actual threads exist on any forum to discuss issues of its first batch?
WagonR AT was launched 2months back -
i10 grand & I20 elite was launched - have u heard of people complaining on first batch?
Etios with all its cost cutting - how many actual issues with first batch?

Indica 1st gen - we all know how it went & how many people swore not to return.
Tata Nano 1st gen - Ac condenser, engine mount, Thermostat - repeated failures.
Tata zest 1st gen - this time they could not even design the wheel liner properly, so all slush & mud seeping inside engine bay.

Tata's 1st lot is a gamble, either lucky & got gifted a lemon.

I am sorry mods, for typing way OT here. But people should not call my language harsh, because I spoke my opinion based on facts! I dont wear a goggle that says - I love TATA no matter what! I see things as they are.

I am not a brand lover & I am not inclined towards any brand*
Hi,
You get to hear so many complaints because we are of an atitude that TATA is indian brand hence the product cannot be reliable. Well, my friend who owned a Dzire was called up after one year for part replacement which was a critical part. Now you talk about the "mud in the bay" of Zest, how critical is that part?? we crib & cry for small things when we buy a TATA but even Honda's call back there cars for faulty part replacements. I own a Zest and bro come with me to the Service center in Kundanahalli, i will show you what service they provide. They treat & care for the customers specially the owners of Zest.
You get a product which is value for money (infact at cheaper price...i repeat CHEAP) but still we want to pin point,crib for small and minute things.
Check the service intervals for TATA against Maruthi/Hyundai....check the cost of service at TATA against Maruthi/Hyundai...I agree you had a bad experience but that doesnt mean TATA is bad or incapable of producing good products. My next car would also be a TATA and that too from the first batch!!

Top Bottom