Tata Tiago Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiara

I am just loving this new XZ+ variant, I wish it was available from start. Tiago has now become more desirable with dual barrel headlamps and 7inch touchscreen infotainment system. Rest all new features are bonus. Price is very competitive. Compared to Santro, Tiago look so young and fresh.
Yes completely agreed. XZ+ looks so much desirable. Still I have no qualms with my Tiago and am satisfied by the features but having Android Auto with a large screen, dual barrel projector headlights, ACC and electrically foldable ORVMs makes the matter interesting. Also better headlights as I feel Tiago headlights are not upto the mark. Santro looks made to a price to me unlike Tiago which feels spacious, big and premium.

On another note, I have given my car for 2yrs service. Car has done 10.7k approx. It will bedoing 2000kms trip soon during this new year [clown]. I feel most of the Tata service advisors mislead and misrepresent the facts. So my questions below. They did a cleaning of the brakes when I asked for change, they said change not required. I have P2P by the way. They asked to change oil filter, fuel filter. They said its mandatory for 2yrs service even if the car has done lesser kms. Can someone confirm? Engine oil anyways I had to change. I asked to change wipers in P2P and pleaded them to put Bosch wipers as the wipers they put are pathetic and not even suitable for an autorickshaw. They say extended warranty does not cover everything which normal warranty covers. Is it true? My car recently crossed 2yrs and is in extended warranty now. I asked them to replace AC vent in warranty but he denied [think]

I got my Tiago's wiper blades changed under P2P and they replaced it with same Bosch made. My car will complete 2 years in February 2019 though.

On the other note, I did a 2000 kms trip recently and it was very enjoyable. This car has a different character on highways. Loved driving it. Hope you will enjoy your trip.

They asked to change oil filter, fuel filter. They said its mandatory for 2yrs service even if the car has done lesser kms. Can someone confirm?
Yes, correct.
They say extended warranty does not cover everything which normal warranty covers. Is it true?
Yep, that is correct as well. EW does not cover entire car and is limited to critical components only (engine, transmission etc).

Thanks Prabhagar for the informations. Completed my 2yrs service and the following work was done-
- air filter assy, oil filter assy changed in front of me.
- engine oil changed in front of me.
- front both wipers as well as rear wiper changed for free in P2P
- Left AC vent was broken. Replaced for only 400rs.
- Car cleaned
- air filter cleaned
- All Brakes cleaned and cheked and brake oil topped up.
- They said Tyres are rotated but I forgot to check during delivery.
- AC filter not cleaned as they were charging extra for that but I insisted that is included in paid service. They denied so I thought of cleaning it myself rather than paying 300+rs without any satisfaction-
- Regular 2yrs paid service and checkup.
All in all paid 4.2k (including 300rs discount) which I feel is reasonable.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
It is like that unless you point out, they will not do certain works. When I took my Tigor for 1st service, I asked SE whether we have to clean air filter for which his response was that not necessary in the 1st service since the mileage done was low, but agreed to do as I have pointed out. When taking delivery (after service), I asked him whether air filter is cleaned and he said 'Yes'. I don't know, actually he did the work or not t[roll]

I haven't cleaned brakes in the past 2.5 years / 35K km on my Tiago. Wonder why some ASCs do and some don't do this. Would love to hear from our members on this item.
I felt brakes could be more effective and asked the ASCs as atleast per my knowledge it makes the brakes more efective. I even asked them to replace under P2P. They happily agreed to clean probably for making more money even if it wasnt required. I was ok since am going on a 2000km long trip cant risk brake issues. They checked and said replacement isnt required. They also said even if they dont do any cleaning and just check the brakes for replacement the charges would be the same. by the way they charged 550+GST for cleaning. Not cheap but that is what it is. Slight improvement in braking but nothing drastic. Would change the brakes next year in P2P.

Any aftermarket DIY boot lamp available for Tiago with cutting the wiring harness ? Good to have one. Mine is July 2018 manufactured one.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Tiago Facelift teased: 5 new features REVEALED

Tata is all set to being in the new 2019 Tiago to us along with the Harrier. The facelifted Tiago will come with many new features and kit, which will enhance an already solid package. Let’s take a look at them.

Instead of a single video, the company has taken a different marketing approach this time and released several small videos.

Read:

Anyone saw the new complete ad for Tiago XZ+ ? Really liked it and remembered me of the old Indica Xeta ads - indeed Young, Premium, Fun.[clap]

Top Bottom