Tata Tiago Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiara

Thanks Nanofreak. But need to dig more on that. When Tata is suppose to source 6 speed AT from Hyundai, let them also source this AMT too from Hyundai as a compliment[lol] Else fix the issues either from Magneti Marelli end or Tata's software tuning.

I had read throttle body issues were there for a particular batch of Tiagos. Does this thing has anything to do with the AMT cars too ?[confused]
I too had power loss issues few times in the beginning till 5k kms but now its not there. Not sure how it got resolved. Now since last 5-6K kms have not faced any power loss.

This is regarding DTE calculation/ display in MID of Tiago. I filled petrol for a small amount (200 + 300) but the DTE didn't got updated. But the rate of change in DTE while driving became slow (say 35 before filling. After filling also 35. After running 3 kms also, DTE shows 35) after this - meaning, one part of the software considers the actual amount of petrol in the tank but what is shown in the screen is something else. Any possible reasons [confused]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Tata Tiago top variant will have more features than Hyundai Santro

Priced a bit higher than Tata Tiago, one of the USP of new Santro is that it has more features – like touchscreen. And this could affect sales of Tata’s best selling car – the Tiago.

It is for this reason that Tata has readied the new Tiago XZ+ top variant. It will sit above the existing XZ variant. 2018 Tata Tiago XZ+ will come with dual tone exterior colours, larger 15 inch alloys, auto AC, and touchscreen infotainment – thus making the Tiago more feature loaded than the Santro.

The fully-loaded variant of the Tiago, called the XZ+, will launch in India on 12th December. It will be presented in two new color options of Canyon Orange and Ocean Blue apart from monotone color options of Berry Red, Pearlescent White, Titanium Grey and Espresso Brown. The color options can also be had in dual tones except the Espresso Brown

Read:

Tata seem to be pretty active and responsive with respect to Tiago.
Have launched Tiago in multiple variants and fuel options, Brought in AMTs in petrol and diesel, then came up with NRG variants, then the super powerful JTP versions and then this. XZ+ So in all how many variants do we have for Tiago?
Lets try to list down
XB(D/P)
XE(D/P)
XM(D/P)
XT(D/P)
XTA(D/P
XZA(D/P)
XZ(D/P)
NRG(D/P)
JTP(P)
XZ+

Total almost 18 variants. Not considering the Optional variant that was offered for XM,XT and XE

Tata seem to be pretty active and responsive with respect to Tiago.
Have launched Tiago in multiple variants and fuel options, Brought in AMTs in petrol and diesel, then came up with NRG variants, then the super powerful JTP versions and then this. XZ+ So in all how many variants do we have for Tiago?
Lets try to list down
XB(D/P)
XE(D/P)
XM(D/P)
XT(D/P)
XTA(D/P
XZA(D/P)
XZ(D/P)
NRG(D/P)
JTP(P)
XZ+

Total almost 18 variants. Not considering the Optional variant that was offered for XM,XT and XE
You are right. Lot of variants available for tiago. BTW AMT available in petrol engine only. XTA & XZA.

Trip to Gujarat, from top to bottom.
I want to share my 2000 kms trip experience driving the Tata Tiago XZ (Petrol). The trip was all about temples around Gujarat, I wanted to take my parents to visit these temples.
Those who don’t know, my Tiago is 21 months old and completed around 14,300 kms till now.

The trip route:
Daman > Ambaji > Modhera (Mehsana) > Gondal > Virpur > Khodaldham > Somnath > Sarangpur > Vadodara > Daman

Map.jpg

Day 1: Daman to Ambaji – 539 kms
Day 2: Ambaji to Modhera – 147 kms
Day 3: Modhera to Khodaldham to Virpur – 292 kms
Day 4: Vipur to Gondal to Somnath – 178 kms
Day 5: Somnath to Sarangpur to Vadodara – 474 kms
Day 6: Vadodara to Daman – 252 kms

The load:
Along with me (the driver), there were 3 more passengers in car. The boot was completely loaded with two mid-sized bags and other small bags. The fuel tank was never below 50% throughout the trip.

The driving conditions:
The conditions were totally mixed, from smooth four/six lane national highways to narrow two lane slow state highways to single lane village roads to bumper to bumper traffic in city to express highway. The AC was 90% times on and driven car in ECO mode for around 80% times throughout the journey. I am not a high speed driver, I played between consistent 70-100 kmph range in the entire trip.

Initial Mileage.jpg

My positives:
Keep the engine above 2000 RPM and it will make you smile, and that engine sound while accelerating (tappet sound) made me happy each time. I loved the way car handled through high speeds. You will love it even more when driving down the hill. The ride quality of the car is matured, it rides like a big guy. What really impressed me this time was the braking. Even though the car was fully loaded, the braking was very effective and very predictable. This car is a typical Tata mile munching car, of course can’t be compared with big cars but for its segment this car can eat miles very comfortably. Averagely we travelled around 333 kms everyday if I divide 2000 kms with 6 days, none of the occupant felt any fatigue or backache in the entire journey. Except me, driven car for so long I felt some pain in right knee after few hours of drive as I am not habitual to drive this long. Overall a very capable commuter.

The mileage:
This is a question where many people doubt this car’s ability. I was driving in ECO mode most of the times hence I had to rev hard the engine to build up the speed. Under above mentioned driving conditions, via tankfull to tankfull method I got average of around 19.2 kmpl for the entire trip!

Fuelio.jpg

Add another 240 kms more after last tank fill, that was on fast highway so I assume I got at least 20+ kmpl easily.

The bad:
NHV levels could have been better, as expected. The dashboard was giving ‘thud thud’ sound while hitting potholes. The AC fan sound was really loud on 3rd and 4th levels. The single barrel H4 type headlight isn’t that good, need some more power to drive at night on an unknown road. That’s it.

The end:
We ended up the trip on good figures.

End.jpg

Some pictures taken during the trip:
At Ujha:
Tiago.jpg

Gondal Swaminarayan Temple Main Gate (From inside):
Gondal.jpg

Khodaldham:
Khodaldham.jpg

My Tiago resting at Somnath:
Somnath Parking.jpg

PS: By the end of 5th day, the brake was making screeching sound just before coming to stop. And I loved that sound.

PS1: Very next day after the trip, that screeching sound was disappeared.

Trip to Gujarat, from top to bottom.
I want to share my 2000 kms trip experience driving the Tata Tiago XZ (Petrol). The trip was all about temples around Gujarat, I wanted to take my parents to visit these temples.
Those who don’t know, my Tiago is 21 months old and completed around 14,300 kms till now.

The trip route:
Daman > Ambaji > Modhera (Mehsana) > Gondal > Virpur > Khodaldham > Somnath > Sarangpur > Vadodara > Daman

View attachment 251702

Day 1: Daman to Ambaji – 539 kms
Day 2: Ambaji to Modhera – 147 kms
Day 3: Modhera to Khodaldham to Virpur – 292 kms
Day 4: Vipur to Gondal to Somnath – 178 kms
Day 5: Somnath to Sarangpur to Vadodara – 474 kms
Day 6: Vadodara to Daman – 252 kms

The load:
Along with me (the driver), there were 3 more passengers in car. The boot was completely loaded with two mid-sized bags and other small bags. The fuel tank was never below 50% throughout the trip.

The driving conditions:
The conditions were totally mixed, from smooth four/six lane national highways to narrow two lane slow state highways to single lane village roads to bumper to bumper traffic in city to express highway. The AC was 90% times on and driven car in ECO mode for around 80% times throughout the journey. I am not a high speed driver, I played between consistent 70-100 kmph range in the entire trip.

View attachment 251703

My positives:
Keep the engine above 2000 RPM and it will make you smile, and that engine sound while accelerating (tappet sound) made me happy each time. I loved the way car handled through high speeds. You will love it even more when driving down the hill. The ride quality of the car is matured, it rides like a big guy. What really impressed me this time was the braking. Even though the car was fully loaded, the braking was very effective and very predictable. This car is a typical Tata mile munching car, of course can’t be compared with big cars but for its segment this car can eat miles very comfortably. Averagely we travelled around 333 kms everyday if I divide 2000 kms with 6 days, none of the occupant felt any fatigue or backache in the entire journey. Except me, driven car for so long I felt some pain in right knee after few hours of drive as I am not habitual to drive this long. Overall a very capable commuter.

The mileage:
This is a question where many people doubt this car’s ability. I was driving in ECO mode most of the times hence I had to rev hard the engine to build up the speed. Under above mentioned driving conditions, via tankfull to tankfull method I got average of around 19.2 kmpl for the entire trip!

View attachment 251704

Add another 240 kms more after last tank fill, that was on fast highway so I assume I got at least 20+ kmpl easily.

The bad:
NHV levels could have been better, as expected. The dashboard was giving ‘thud thud’ sound while hitting potholes. The AC fan sound was really loud on 3rd and 4th levels. The single barrel H4 type headlight isn’t that good, need some more power to drive at night on an unknown road. That’s it.

The end:
We ended up the trip on good figures.

View attachment 251705

Some pictures taken during the trip:
At Ujha:
View attachment 251709

Gondal Swaminarayan Temple Main Gate (From inside):
View attachment 251706

Khodaldham:
View attachment 251707

My Tiago resting at Somnath:
View attachment 251708

PS: By the end of 5th day, the brake was making screeching sound just before coming to stop. And I loved that sound.

PS1: Very next day after the trip, that screeching sound was disappeared.
Great car. Pictures look fabulous too. Sad that XZ variant will now become 2nd top variant after the launch of XZ+. Hope XZ+ is priced reasonably.

Great car. Pictures look fabulous too. Sad that XZ variant will now become 2nd top variant after the launch of XZ+. Hope XZ+ is priced reasonably.
Not a sad news, but a great news that whatever was missing from Tiago top end will now be offered in XZ+ variant. I assume the price won't be above Santo top end variant.

I can see that you too have vehicles as mine, I own 2015 Jupiter and 2017 Tiago. Both vehicles share many common things like for example both are purely Indian creation, both are having great ride quality, both are great products still not the segment leaders, both needs better NVH [:)]

Not a sad news, but a great news that whatever was missing from Tiago top end will now be offered in XZ+ variant. I assume the price won't be above Santo top end variant.

I can see that you too have vehicles as mine, I own 2015 Jupiter and 2017 Tiago. Both vehicles share many common things like for example both are purely Indian creation, both are having great ride quality, both are great products still not the segment leaders, both needs better NVH [:)]
Happy to find people with similar thought process. Jupiter is the best in class in 110cc segment. Still Activa sells more. But TVS is upgrading the model in every possible way to keep it relevant in the market. Same with Tiago now. Constant update which was missing from TML for their Zest and Bolt models.

This is regarding DTE calculation/ display in MID of Tiago. I filled petrol for a small amount (200 + 300) but the DTE didn't got updated. But the rate of change in DTE while driving became slow (say 35 before filling. After filling also 35. After running 3 kms also, DTE shows 35) after this - meaning, one part of the software considers the actual amount of petrol in the tank but what is shown in the screen is something else. Any possible reasons
Even if you filled for Rs 500 (Maybe 6-7 L of Petrol) the DTE would go up eventually after driving 5 km or so and also if the engine is shut down for a period of time.
What were your observations ?

Even if you filled for Rs 500 (Maybe 6-7 L of Petrol) the DTE would go up eventually after driving 5 km or so and also if the engine is shut down for a period of time.
What were your observations ?
Nothing happened in both scenarios. DTE started decreasing when we travelled, but at a lower rate. Say if we traveled 5 Kms, ideally DTE should decline by 5 when driving conditions are almost similar, but it declined by only 2.

Tata Tiago XZ+ launched. Tiago XZ+ will be priced at INR. 5.57 lakhs (single tone) and INR 5.64 lakhs (dual tone) for the petrol version. Additionally, the diesel version will be available at INR 6.31 (single tone) and INR 6.38 (dual tone), all ex-showroom Delhi.
Tata Motors launches new top of the line variant – Tiago XZ+

Design

• Dual tone exterior option – Glossy black roof & spoiler
  • 15” dual tone alloy wheels (only with the petrol engine option)
  • Chrome accent on tailgate
  • Body side molding
  • 2 new colours – Canyon Orange and Ocean Blue
Infotainment

• ConnectNext 7”(17.78cm) touchscreen system by Harman™
  • Android Auto ™ connectivity
  • Voice command recognition through Android Auto ™
  • Incoming SMS notifications & read outs
  • Digital controls for FATC
Convenience

• Fully Automatic Temperature control
  • Projector headlamps with smoked black bezel
  • Electrically folding ORVM with welcome function

Last edited:
I am just loving this new XZ+ variant, I wish it was available from start. Tiago has now become more desirable with dual barrel headlamps and 7inch touchscreen infotainment system. Rest all new features are bonus. Price is very competitive. Compared to Santro, Tiago look so young and fresh.

Top Bottom