Tata Tiago Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiara

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Tiago could get a new top-spec variant

Tata Motors has been introducing updated models across its range of cars, one after the other. In the past few weeks, the company launched the Hexa XM+, the Tiago NRG and the Tigor XZ+, and is all set to bring the performance-oriented Tiago and Tigor JTP this week.

Now, it seems like Tata Motors has begun work on a new top trim for the Tiago hatchback. The spy shot of the car (seen near the brand’s plant in Pune) shows multiple cosmetic changes.

First up, the car gets 15-inch alloy wheels from the Tigor petrol. The grille and the headlights are also similar to the ones seen on the recently refreshed Tigor. The vehicle is seen in the new Titanium Grey paint shade and a contrast black roof. There are no pictures of the interior but expect mild updates to the cabin. Tata Motors could give the Tiago the new 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that made its debut on the Tigor recently.

Under the hood, the Tiago comes with an 85hp, 1.2-litre petrol and a 70hp, 1.05-litre diesel engine. The former gets either a 5-speed manual or an AMT gearbox while the latter is mated to a 5-speed manual only. Key rivals to the Tiago include the new Hyundai Santro and the Maruti Suzuki Celerio.

Source:

Its not 5 lakh th Tiago but 5 lac th car from Sanand plant. Nano, Tiago and Tigor included. Probably the few hundred EV tigors as well. But none the less Tiago must have a major share in that number.
Ah thanks for the correction. Yes the major share is from the Tiago and Tigor, allowing the full plant capacity to be utilized. ☺️

Hi all, Can anyone suggest good floor mats for Tiago which is VFM. Dealer offered mats are not that good. Or should I go for vinyl flooring ?

Hi all, Can anyone suggest good floor mats for Tiago which is VFM. Dealer offered mats are not that good. Or should I go for vinyl flooring ?
I would not suggest vinyl flooring since that is kind of permanent job and it may render the original fabric kind of flooring in the car useless. on removing vinyl which you may have to do in an year or two you will have no other option that another vinyl flooring.

There are some 3d mats, if not what I have done is I used the noodle mats from 3M and got it cut exactly to fit the bay, the mats are long lasting, using for the last 5 years and still only the driver side has weared off. Also these noodles to capture the small mud particles and stones effectively. once a while you need to remove and dust them, or wash them then dry and put back again. easy to maintain.

First up, the car gets 15-inch alloy wheels from the Tigor petrol. The grille and the headlights are also similar to the ones seen on the recently refreshed Tigor. The vehicle is seen in the new Titanium Grey paint shade and a contrast black roof. There are no pictures of the interior but expect mild updates to the cabin. Tata Motors could give the Tiago the new 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that made its debut on the Tigor recently.
Honestly speaking now it looks Tigor without boot.

I would not suggest vinyl flooring since that is kind of permanent job and it may render the original fabric kind of flooring in the car useless. on removing vinyl which you may have to do in an year or two you will have no other option that another vinyl flooring.

There are some 3d mats, if not what I have done is I used the noodle mats from 3M and got it cut exactly to fit the bay, the mats are long lasting, using for the last 5 years and still only the driver side has weared off. Also these noodles to capture the small mud particles and stones effectively. once a while you need to remove and dust them, or wash them then dry and put back again. easy to maintain.
I bought noodle mats from local shop and did a DIY job. Pretty happy with the result. But I guess, I have to do some minor adjustments with the mat section under accelerator pedal (had put those rubber mats over the noodle mat) as the thickness is interfering with the pedal travel.

Santro AMT is getting some really good reviews for the AMT gearbox. Waiting for the sales figures now. I guess Tiago sales will get slightly affected. Hope the effect is not much and it can maintain 8k sales. Even though Santro looks ugly to my eyes, layman will be happy with what it offers and the Hyundai brand.

Santro AMT is getting some really good reviews for the AMT gearbox. Waiting for the sales figures now. I guess Tiago sales will get slightly affected. Hope the effect is not much and it can maintain 8k sales. Even though Santro looks ugly to my eyes, layman will be happy with what it offers and the Hyundai brand.
looks wise, it doesn't matter what the shape or color or the cost of the car is, if the car is from Suzuki or Hyundai. It will sell and sell well. Tiago is definitely a fantastic looking car and best looking in the segment. All bells and whistles, and the proof is there selling 8k being a Tata product is no joke. Santro is bound to eat into Tiago sales because of Hyundai brand. Even then if it sustains 7k I think it will still be a great situation to be in.

looks wise, it doesn't matter what the shape or color or the cost of the car is, if the car is from Suzuki or Hyundai. It will sell and sell well. Tiago is definitely a fantastic looking car and best looking in the segment. All bells and whistles, and the proof is there selling 8k being a Tata product is no joke. Santro is bound to eat into Tiago sales because of Hyundai brand. Even then if it sustains 7k I think it will still be a great situation to be in.
I think Manual wise Tiago is much better than Santro no doubt. But Tata has messed up in the AMT performance and many users have reported power loss issue in Tiago AMT. Also Tiago AMT and Maruti AMTs are not that smooth. In comparison the electronic assisted AMT is much smoother in Santro and thus gives more confidence to the user. It also does not have any power loss issues like in Tiago AMT. This is a very big safety flaw in Tiago AMT and Tata has not been proactive in fixing the issues [frustration]. Imagine car slowing down on the highway without taking any power. Santro in AMT mode deserves the sales over Tiago AMT and Maruti AMTs

Last edited:
Can anyone throw some light on AMT gearbox differences of Hyundai and Tata/Maruti ? From where Hyundai is sourcing their AMTs ?
As per the limited knowledge I have, the Hyundai AMT is made in-house and is an electronic modulation (whatever it means), and the Magnati one is hydraulic actuated.

As per the limited knowledge I have, the Hyundai AMT is made in-house and is an electronic modulation (whatever it means), and the Magnati one is hydraulic actuated.
Thanks Nanofreak. But need to dig more on that. When Tata is suppose to source 6 speed AT from Hyundai, let them also source this AMT too from Hyundai as a compliment[lol] Else fix the issues either from Magneti Marelli end or Tata's software tuning.

I had read throttle body issues were there for a particular batch of Tiagos. Does this thing has anything to do with the AMT cars too ?[confused]

Top Bottom