Tata Tiago Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiara

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Tata Tiago records highest-ever sales in August 2018​

Image 2.jpg

Tata Motors’ most loved hatchback, Tata Tiago has achieved a new milestone in its sales. This much appreciated brand has recorded highest-ever sales of 9277 units in August 2018. The northern region - Chandigarh Tricity, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Punjab have contributed the highest volume of sales in August 2018. The top-end trim – XZ is the highest-selling variant, which clearly shows the increase in brand affinition among customers.

Extending the hatchback brand, Tata Motors has recently launched of Tiago NRG, positioned as the ‘Urban Toughroader’, a SUV inspired vehicle. With this launch, the Company has entered a new segment and is aiming at tapping new sets of buyers for the company. Available on sale currently, the Tiago NRG is priced at INR. 5.49 lakhs for the petrol version and INR 6.31 lakhs for the diesel version, ex-showroom Delhi.

Commenting on this achievement, Mr. S. N. Barman - Vice President, Sales, Marketing & Customer Support, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors said, “The Tiago brand continues to go from strength to strength and last month’s numbers are a testament to that. These volumes can be attributed to the pre-festive season demand for the car. Since the launch in April 2016, we have sold over 1.7 lakh units and it is the only product in the hatchback segment which is still registering a strong growth despite being in its third year of production. We are confident that with the introduction of newer models such as the recently-launched Tiago NRG, the brand will continue to thrive in the foreseeable future.”

The Tiago is the first product to showcase the IMPACT Design language and has set many company-firsts in the market. The fresh design of the Tiago has struck a chord among the young customers. More than 50 per cent of the Tiago buyers are less than 35 years of age indicating, high popularity amongst the young generation.

In line with the current market trends, the petrol variant contributed 80% of the overall sales for Tiago last month. The Tiago customers continue to appreciate its entire range of features, chief among which is its premium infotainment system and a best-in-class cabin. The hatchback has also won many accolades for its youthful design and has impressed industry experts and consumers alike with its segment-leading fuel economy.
Regards

Akash

Hello Fellow Forum Members

This is my first post on TAI, please overlook minor mistakes done by me.

With the help of detail TAI review and father ownership reviews by all of you i could buy a Tata Tiago XZA, berry red Last December. First Tata ever.

Have completed 7000kms with it and it serves as city commuter and have been to a maximum long trip of 100kms. While it is a pretty competent car there are some refinement issues with the engine and further with the fit and Finish.
To start with like everyone else i too faced a low mileage problem untill the second service of the car and since its my first AMT it has not been that hard to adapt to rather its convenient and boon for female drivers in family. Coming back to the matter in hands:

1. During the second service i was told that the clutch plate is the culprit for the low mileage and only after running for about 5000 kms I had to replace it, Thanks to p2p it wasn't borne by me and the dealer very supportively replaced it, but the important question how come just in 5k kms it got wear out.

2. At times when i get to drive it in the 5 th gear, though a rare situation in city, the engine behaves as if it has been upshifted forcefully. As it shifts to 5th only above the speed of 60 but at that speed it feels strained and also the instant FE Bar also drops by few points it gives rather better mileage in 4th driving at speed of 50-55kmph. Also there is a little juddering driving at that speed in 5th gear which is not felt in any other gear(sometimes in low speeds in 3rd gear[glasses]).

For reference i have driven other petrol cars they rather get smooth in higher gears but not this one also in other petrol cars i could upshift to 5th at the speed of 50 E.G Opel Corsa Sail, Chevrolet spark( i have picked up from as low as 25 kmph in 5th gear super refined engine).

If anyone can throw light on these two above topics i could find if its with everyone or i have to head bang the service centre again.

Minor issues:

1. MID mileage inflated by 2-3 points from actual mileage pretty misleading for such a big brand. Mileage so far (11-13 kmpl with A.C) (14-16 without A.C) Purely city driving.

2. Glove box panel misaligned

3. Driver side door knob broken and popping out.

Please guide i would soon post a ownership review with all that i have experienced till now

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Welcome to TAI.[clap]

Clutch plate has to be changed after running 5000kms - that's something worrying [surprise]. I am also new to this AMT feature, hence unable comment on that, however we have experienced owners who will be able to give a proper reply.

MID readings are not correct - if you want to know what will be the exact FE, then you need to follow tank to tank calculation method.[:)]

1. During the second service i was told that the clutch plate is the culprit for the low mileage and only after running for about 5000 kms I had to replace it, Thanks to p2p it wasn't borne by me and the dealer very supportively replaced it, but the important question how come just in 5k kms it got wear out.
Hello, Welcome to TAI

This is really very surprising, will suggest you to again check at 10000 km mark, if the issue pops up again then tell TASC to investigate further.

Minor issues:

1. MID mileage inflated by 2-3 points from actual mileage pretty misleading for such a big brand. Mileage so far (11-13 kmpl with A.C) (14-16 without A.C) Purely city driving.

2. Glove box panel misaligned

3. Driver side door knob broken and popping out.

Please guide i would soon post a ownership review with all that i have experienced till now
My take :-

1) It’s common in nearly all cars IMO. In Tiago, I get difference between 0.67 - 4 kmpl. Nothing much to worry and complain IMO.
2) Common issue. I have complained it many times but TASC say it’s fine. Have accepted the fact, and don’t really mind unless it rattles.
3) Common issue in nearly all Tiagos. Visit TASC and they will replace it FOC under warranty.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Meanwhile one query, does your Tiago's bonnet flexes quite a bit when pressed ? Mine is a July 2018 model with no engine bay insulation.
Bro, my car's doesn't flex as much in comparison to some Japs which I have owned earlier. I don't think there is any material difference i.e steel in Tiago and Tigor as far as the body panels are concerned.

Regards

Akash

Planning to buy Tiago XZ (P), but friends and family forcing me for tin can celerio and wagon R. WagonR is old and celerio doesn't seem VFM in front of tiago. Need suggestion.

Hello, Welcome to TAI

This is really very surprising, will suggest you to again check at 10000 km mark, if the issue pops up again then tell TASC to investigate further.

My take :-

1) It’s common in nearly all cars IMO. In Tiago, I get difference between 0.67 - 4 kmpl. Nothing much to worry and complain IMO.
2) Common issue. I have complained it many times but TASC say it’s fine. Have accepted the fact, and don’t really mind unless it rattles.
3) Common issue in nearly all Tiagos. Visit TASC and they will replace it FOC under warranty.
hi gautam

As i mentioned these are minor issues.
My major concern is still the juddering and the clutch plate issue, making me skeptical about the long term ownership of this vehicle.
requesting forum members and fellow owners if you can kindly explain whether manual Tiago petrol also has low end juddering in higher gears or this is just the case with AMT.

P.S.: If anyone has tried whats the lowest speed you can pickup in 5th gear?

thanks

P.S.: If anyone has tried whats the lowest speed you can pickup in 5th gear?
Being overdrive, 5th gear won't be usable below 1500 RPM (at least I don't like to continue when it drops below that point). On the other hand, 2nd and 3rd gears can chug along at 1000 RPM on wards with minor judders.

Thanks, My heart is with Tiago but rising petrol prices are forcing me towards CNG celrio. Nevertheless I can go for aftermarket kit if need arises.
I would say go for a car that is well built from a manufacturer who is not doing cost cutting at cost of safety. You can drive Tiago with light foot and you will get high mileage from Tiago as well.

Tiago would be better than tin cans any day.

Top Bottom