Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #691
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 20,000 Kms Update

Friends,
After 6.00 PM Bluetooth music streaming is not working, its cracks and breaks continuously.
This is defying logic, atleast for now. I hope this problem occurs irrespective of your location? Sorry that I have no solution to your problem, please continue to work with your dealer. If you don't get enough support from them, you can raise a complaint in TMSC app by Tata Motors.

Yes, I have asked for another check coming Saturday and will be there after 6pm as that's the time this issue happens only.

Strange.

Friends,

I am having strange problem with my Tigor's music system. After 6.00 PM Bluetooth music streaming is not working, its cracks and breaks continuously. I have tried three different phones Moto G5s Plus, Redmi Note 4 and Oneplus 6 and all are having same problem. What is surprising thing , its works fine in day time but start having problem only after 6.00pm.

Already told the issue in first service, they updated the software also but still continues to behave same. Any suggestion to fix this, check the video.

https://youtu.be/WGP53jlN3iw
For me it cracks all the time. Not solved even after software update. No issues for receiving calls. So I ignored it and now using pendrive for music.

Thread Starter #694

@msingh, @hari,
Did you guys try with a different music player on your phones?

Friends,
After 6.00 PM Bluetooth music streaming is not working, its cracks and breaks continuously.
Looks like the music player works only in day shifts with Bluetooth .
Eerily strange and very interesting . Keep us posted on the resolution and root cause

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

hi prabhagar , you haven't updated the fourth service bill and fifth service bill. i guess you already got it done.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i just checked. update the links in your first post for easy finding [:)] anyways , they didn't charge you for washing in your 4th service or you didn't get it done ? i don't know why they planned this semi-anually service schedule.

Thread Starter #700

i just checked. update the links in your first post for easy finding [:)] anyways , they didn't charge you for washing in your 4th service or you didn't get it done ? i don't know why they planned this semi-anually service schedule.
There's no space on my opening post. I have asked mods' help several times but they seem to be busy. [roll]
Car wash is part of AMC package and should not be charged to us. I anyways don't let them wash my car at the ASC. Pretty sure the 6 month service schedule is to help dealers loot customers. [lol]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #702

30000 KM Update

Hi Folks,
First up, I apologize for not updating this thread for quite sometime. Here is a cumulative update of my Tiago since June:
1. Liqui Moly Ceratec
2. PUC Check
3. Completed 30000 KM
4. New Shoes
5. GPS Tracker

1. Liqui Moly CeraTec Friction Modifier
Tempted by reviews of this product on automotive forums as well as couple of Tiago owners from ATOM claiming reduced NVH, I went ahead and ordered 300ml from Amazon for Rs 2500. As per instructions on product label, I poured in 210 ml of CeraTec (6% of engine oil) after warming up the engine to optimum driving temperature (~ 5 KM). To my surprise, there was no noticeable difference in Noise, Vibration or Harshness of the car [lol], even after few days of running in. Just this week, I drove my buddy's car and didn't feel mine to be different at all. Hope this thing serves its primary objective of reducing wear of engine components.
Ceratec_1.jpg

2. PUC Check
6 months up and its time for a PUC check. Got it done at my regular emission test center. Results looked good and nothing stood out:
PUC.jpg

3. Completed 30000 KM
This was achieved on Independence Day, 15th of August while on our way to hometown. I had cautiously reminded myself several times to mot miss this moment for a couple of days prior to to this mark. Car is currently at 32500 KM and going good. Sharing some stats from Fuelio (as of today):
Odo_30K.jpg

Odometer & mileage charts:
Fuelio_ODO.png Fuelio_KPL.png

Cost per KM & Petrol price charts:
Fuelio_CPKM.png Fuelio_PPL.png

4. New Tires
My stock Good Year Assurance tires had ~3 mm of tread depth and didn't seriously call for replacement. However, stopping distance has greatly reduced which was evident during a panic braking maneuver. Also noticed ABS kicking in more often with the slightest amount of mud/sand with normal brake usage in city speeds. Thanks to our forum members Tornado, bhvm, allhyundaycars whose posts greatly helped me scrutinize my tire selection.

Tires shortlisted:
- Michelin XM2
- Continental CC5
- Yokohama Earth 1

All three of them had very good reviews and were grossly overpriced in retail stores when compared to online rates. With affordability on priority, I picked Yoko Earth 1 for effective price of Rs 3750 per tire from Amazon. I made sure to ask the manufactured date from seller before ordering, and received Apr-2018 made. Got them installed in a local tire shop for Rs 1000 and sold my stock tires for Rs 3000 to a fellow Tiago Owner. The gentleman had the guts to run on his stock Good Year tires for a whopping 59K km!!

I liked the tread pattern of E1:
Tire_1.jpg

Condition of old tires after the swap. I also considered up-sizing to 185 section tires but backed out when a tire shop technician pointed out my 5 inch rim width which can't withstand anything more than 175 (notice the side wall bulging out of rim in below pic). Most cars have 5.5 inch rim widths and can easily accommodate wider tires than stock spec.
Tire_2.jpg

Yoko Earth 1 Feedback:
Right off the bat, I did not feel any difference with the Yoko's but with more miles, they proved their worth in braking and handling departments very well. At highway speeds of ~100+ kph, they are just as noisy as Good Years. This doesn't bother me anyways, I am used to the motor's sound and rarely drive without music. Also, my regular highway routes are single lane and had enough curves to limit speeds around 80 KPH. These tires seem to have a tougher compound which is evident when landing after speed breakers.

5. GPS Tracker
This was an incidental accessory when I met my college buddy who runs a telematics company serving commercial fleets with GPS tracking & fuel monitoring, among others. This unit connects to OBD port for power (but no OBD functions), has its own battery and transmits data via mobile data connection (also built in). Their app is helping me in measuring GPS vs odometer speed difference and also figure out mileage against the speeds I drove.

GPS unit plugged in. Lights indicating battery, satellites and mobile data.
GPS_1.jpg

Pic 1: Odo calculation with 299 KM for this trip
Pic 2: GPS data showing 288 KM and speed distribution
Pic 3: Routes traveled with actual speeds; red areas indicate over speeding (I configured it to 80 KPH)
GPS_2.jpg

Random Stuff:

Thanks to TAI member and my good friend CRACING for recommending Blitz during sale. It seems to have boosted the glossiness of the paint finish:
Blitz_1.jpg

With friends:
Blitz_2.jpg

After a nice detailing session:
Random_01.jpg

Attempting mirror finish (not there yet):
Random_02.jpg

See how orange masks mud compared to white car [:D]
Random_04.jpg

On the way back from Mysore:
Random_03.jpg

En route to Ooty:
Random_05.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Prabhagar for completing 30K. So what has been your maximum range so far (Kms travelled between 2 consecutive fuel fillings) and longest trip you have done? Mine is 473 kms and 350 kms respectively on Tiago.

Thread Starter #704
Congrats Prabhagar for completing 30K. So what has been your maximum range so far (Kms travelled between 2 consecutive fuel fillings) and longest trip you have done? Mine is 473 kms and 350 kms respectively on Tiago.
Thanks Abhisek. Sorry it took a while to check my fuel logs for the longest trip on a full tank. It is 519 KMs when I did a Coimbatore - Chennai run, back in Aug-2017 [:)]

Thanks Abhisek. Sorry it took a while to check my fuel logs for the longest trip on a full tank. It is 519 KMs when I did a Coimbatore - Chennai run, back in Aug-2017 [:)]
I have got around 650 KM on full tank, but that was back in July 2017

now hardly getting 500 due to traffic increase

Top Bottom