Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review

Sir i recently purchased my tata tiago xz petrol..it is an august manufactured vehicle.i have only clocked 300km in it yet..iam encountering with the same (gear lever vibration at idle) problem that you had..another problem i encountered is that my car judders when switched to 2nd gear at low rpm(at times at 3rd)..
Should i take my car to service center asap or wait for 1st service?

Thread Starter #92

Sir i recently purchased my tata tiago xz petrol..it is an august manufactured vehicle.i have only clocked 300km in it yet..iam encountering with the same (gear lever vibration at idle) problem that you had..another problem i encountered is that my car judders when switched to 2nd gear at low rpm(at times at 3rd)..
Should i take my car to service center asap or wait for 1st service?
Hi Ananay, I would wait until 1000KM (when your first service is due) to report gear stick vibrations. For juddering, please try to up-shift above 2000RPM or follow your MID upshift indicator till you complete run-in period (approx 2000 KM). If you still face juddering, please take it to service center, no harm in getting their opinion on this.

Hi Ananay, I would wait until 1000KM (when your first service is due) to report gear stick vibrations. For juddering, please try to up-shift above 2000RPM or follow your MID upshift indicator till you complete run-in period (approx 2000 KM). If you still face juddering, please take it to service center, no harm in getting their opinion on this.
I took it to the service center..they told me that gear stick vibration is an issue tata is aware about..they are calling the owners and recalling the cars to fix this issue..the service engineer said that the gear cable will be replaced and clamping will be done to eradicate the gear stick vibration.
Regarding the juddering issue,the service guy took a test drive and agreed to the issue..he said "gaadi miss maar rahi h" i have no idea what that implies..he said that he will do a engine mapping test.
They further informed me that a new ecu update has just come up..they will install it in my car..it will help further reduce the engine vibration and improve fuel economy...Overall i am extreamly happy with the service response i got..they were quick to acknowledge the issues and were well informed regarding the same..i will get my car back from service center tomorrow..[:D]

I took it to the service center..they told me that gear stick vibration is an issue tata is aware about..they are calling the owners and recalling the cars to fix this issue..the service engineer said that the gear cable will be replaced and clamping will be done to eradicate the gear stick vibration.
Regarding the juddering issue,the service guy took a test drive and agreed to the issue..he said "gaadi miss maar rahi h" i have no idea what that implies..he said that he will do a engine mapping test.
They further informed me that a new ecu update has just come up..they will install it in my car..it will help further reduce the engine vibration and improve fuel economy...Overall i am extremely happy with the service response i got..they were quick to acknowledge the issues and were well informed regarding the same..i will get my car back from service center tomorrow..[:D]
Really happy the way service guys are acknowledging the issues raised by the owners and providing solutions and they are aware about the solution (well informed).

Good job Tata. way to go[clap]

Hi Ananay,

did they fix gear stick vibrations in your car by replacing the gear cable? if yes, has the vibrations done? looking forward to your response on this.

As far as I am aware, they are just disposing some dampening material around the gear stick and the gear cable. It does addressed the issue, however, this cannot be the permanent solution.

Thanks.

Thread Starter #96

As far as I am aware, they are just disposing some dampening material around the gear stick and the gear cable. It does addressed the issue, however, this cannot be the permanent solution.
That's exactly what they did to stop my vibes as well, probably for the whole dashboard which was also my complaint back then. Hopefully we early owners will also receive the replacement/recall promptly.

This is the foam damping I found on the inside of plastic panel below steering wheel:

IMAG0696.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

my greetings to all Tiago owners,
I am planning to book XZ (p) in couple of days, this would be my first car.
Although my friends are teasing me for choosing Tata brand, but i am sticking to my decision so far.
BTW, could someone give me the link of "all-india tata tiago owners membership club (atom club)" in FB, i couldn't find the same.
Regards/
Saikia

my greetings to all Tiago owners,
I am planning to book XZ (p) in couple of days, this would be my first car.
Although my friends are teasing me for choosing Tata brand, but i am sticking to my decision so far.
BTW, could someone give me the link of "all-india tata tiago owners membership club (atom club)" in FB, i couldn't find the same.
Regards/
Saikia
you can bank on Tata this time. Tiago is an amazing product[:D]

here you go with the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/124...if_t=group_activity&notif_id=1472496710178832

Thread Starter #99

Found a good feature in my Tiago recently. With headlights ON, turn off the engine and it automatically turns OFF headlights as well and brings up parking lights instead. Of course, there's this "Bing.. Bing.. Bing.." reminder as soon as you take out the key but I believe it saves on battery juice. Thoughts?

Here are the alloy modification of Tiago however it was suppose to be like this from the beginning. I dont know why Tata chose it other way around-cost cutting?

Image courtesy Facebook
HAha! Those are my creations sir. I think I had posted it in the forum sometime back.

HAha! Those are my creations sir. I think I had posted it in the forum sometime back.
Yup, I got it from Facebook :) as am not good with photoshop or such soft wares I always forward request friends like you [glasses]

Finally my two imaginations are good to be on the road about Tiago, if I say so.

hello prabhagar,
After your honest review i also booked tiago XZ without alloy on 11 september.
Hope will get early delivery and as this will be my first car so hope it fulfill my all expectations.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

hello prabhagar,
After your honest review i also booked tiago XZ without alloy on 11 september.
Hope will get early delivery and as this will be my first car so hope it fulfill my all expectations.
Is there a new price for XZ without alloys ? Another member posted a pic stating a difference of 19k but the pic isn't clear. Delivery time ?

Top Bottom