Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #77
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review

Hi Prabagar,

It is a very good review with lot of information. Thanks a lot.[clap] I saw your car parked in platina, It really looks awesome.

I have booked Tiago XZ petrol with Tafe access dealer in Tirupur on 20th june. on road price quoted was 572000( last 3 digits approx). I am Expecting its delivery in 3rd or 4th week of August. I understand from your review that seat covers are good, so I will put it in hold until first service rather than purchasing during delivery. What are all the other basic accessories (like mud guards, floor mats) that you have purchased and how much does it cost?
Thank you Karthik [:)]. Glad to know another Coimbatore-ian nearby, lets plan to meet sometime, please PM me once you cross 10 posts.
Seat covers don't fit well for a OEM build. A friend of mine got it custom stitched at Sun Combines for 5.5K and it looks awesome.
I read your post on Tiago review thread about dealer delaying your delivery, why not try from CBE? I visited Tafe Acess first but hated their attitude towards customers. SRT guys are better in customer experience delivery timelines IMO.
I had posted all my accessories in this thread as and when I purchased them, look for the links in updates section at the end of my first post.

@Prabhagar - What is the cost of dashcam? From where did you bought it?
Hello Furious, A friend of mine bought it from Amazon US for $80. Link available in my original post above.

Thank you Karthik [:)]. Glad to know another Coimbatore-ian nearby, lets plan to meet sometime, please PM me once you cross 10 posts.
Sure Prabhagar. I will IM you.
Seat covers don't fit well for a OEM build. A friend of mine got it custom stitched at Sun Combines for 5.5K and it looks awesome.
Thank you Prabhagar. I will check the seat covers at Sun Combines Coimbatore.
I read your post on Tiago review thread about dealer delaying your delivery, why not try from CBE? I visited Tafe Acess first but hated their attitude towards customers. SRT guys are better in customer experience delivery timelines IMO
Thanks and I have also heard from my friend that SRT is good with customers. But my native is Tirupur and my parents live there. I wished them to have a glimpse and TD of the car as it is my first car. So I selected this dealer from Tirupur. However, I am happy with them except wrong information about waiting period. SA and the showroom manager had all the knowledge about the car and explained me politely. They offered me finance assistance with SBI, HDFC and TATA finance, but I insisted for a PSU bank so that I can have part payment and pre-closure options. SBI is the best, but I will have to open an SB account from a branch that is little away from my home. Finally I decided to go with Bank of Baroda located very near to my house in which I have an account. They quoted 16000 approx for the B to B insurance.
I had posted all my accessories in this thread as and when I purchased them, look for the links in updates section at the end of my first post.
Thank you again. Checked them.[:)]

I would like to tell about my loan process in Bank of Baroda (BOB) S. periyapalayam branch tirupur.
I applied online for the car loan and went to the branch with all necessary documents. The bank employee in the loan section was very kind to me. He explained all the formalities and interest rate. Documents were collected and forms are filled in 30 minutes. I said that approximate delivery date is Aug 20. Then he said he will call me after processing and they will disburse the DD one week prior to delivery, but He called me after one week and asked me to visit the bank.
I went to bank on July 15th, on that day bank manager was present and I was asked to get the loan immediately. Since they had their bank’s 109th anniversary on July 20th they had to show some number of loans and accounts are done on that day. I went to the manager and even she said the same. I explained that I have clearly one more month to get my car and it is of no use to pay interest without the car. Finally she said ok. Then she asked me to take an insurance policy with premium of RS 50000 per year. The policy she recommended is not good. Even a FD will do well than this. Then she started explaining insurance is not an investment, I interrupted her and I said I work with an insurance client and I know what insurance is. Then I asked for a term insurance plan, but she didn’t know about it, on explaining about it, she gave few bad examples about it and finally insurance topic is closed.
Then she gave me a SIP form. You should put an SIP with us. I asked for the Mutual funds in which it will be invested, she had no idea about and called a guy in phone and I spoke to him, even then I didn’t get proper information. Then she asked me why you are bothering about it[frustration]. You will definitely get bonus from it, being a software engineer why are you thinking? Just RS 1000 every month for 36 months totally. Again I explained that I have a DEMAT account and I am investing in mutual funds, so I need to analyze before starting a SIP. She didn’t listen to me and insisted again that she has a target of 35 per month and she had done 34. She also said they are giving me loan then as a favor why can’t I at least start an SIP from them. It was really embarrassed, as if she is giving loan for free and software engineers have no other expenses. Finally after long battle she again came to the loan topic and said they will disburse one week prior to delivery.
I saw her doing the same insurance thing to some potential customers and they were signing the forms.
Here I am wondering is she the manager of the bank or insurance agent. Is it the bank management doing this by imposing targets or she is doing this to get more incentives.

Thread Starter #79

I would like to tell about my loan process in Bank of Baroda (BOB) S. periyapalayam branch tirupur.
I applied online for the car loan and went to the branch with all necessary documents. The bank employee in the loan section was very kind to me. He explained all the formalities and interest rate. Documents were collected and forms are filled in 30 minutes. I said that approximate delivery date is Aug 20. Then he said he will call me after processing and they will disburse the DD one week prior to delivery, but He called me after one week and asked me to visit the bank.
I went to bank on July 15th, on that day bank manager was present and I was asked to get the loan immediately. Since they had their bank’s 109th anniversary on July 20th they had to show some number of loans and accounts are done on that day. I went to the manager and even she said the same. I explained that I have clearly one more month to get my car and it is of no use to pay interest without the car. Finally she said ok. Then she asked me to take an insurance policy with premium of RS 50000 per year. The policy she recommended is not good. Even a FD will do well than this. Then she started explaining insurance is not an investment, I interrupted her and I said I work with an insurance client and I know what insurance is. Then I asked for a term insurance plan, but she didn’t know about it, on explaining about it, she gave few bad examples about it and finally insurance topic is closed.
Then she gave me a SIP form. You should put an SIP with us. I asked for the Mutual funds in which it will be invested, she had no idea about and called a guy in phone and I spoke to him, even then I didn’t get proper information. Then she asked me why you are bothering about it[frustration]. You will definitely get bonus from it, being a software engineer why are you thinking? Just RS 1000 every month for 36 months totally. Again I explained that I have a DEMAT account and I am investing in mutual funds, so I need to analyze before starting a SIP. She didn’t listen to me and insisted again that she has a target of 35 per month and she had done 34. She also said they are giving me loan then as a favor why can’t I at least start an SIP from them. It was really embarrassed, as if she is giving loan for free and software engineers have no other expenses. Finally after long battle she again came to the loan topic and said they will disburse one week prior to delivery.
I saw her doing the same insurance thing to some potential customers and they were signing the forms.
Here I am wondering is she the manager of the bank or insurance agent. Is it the bank management doing this by imposing targets or she is doing this to get more incentives.
Wow didn't expect this from a PSU bank [frustration]. It's pretty much the same in every industry, people sell things not knowing what they are selling. During my Tiago purchase, I ended up educating the SA's about Tiago's features and updates rather than they educating us customers [lol].

Thread Starter #80

Friends, any idea what this leak is in my passenger footwell panel? It leaks from that circular part and feels like feviquick/anabond upon touching. No smell from that liquid though.

IMAG0708.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

Thread Starter #83

Hi Prabhagar, any update on the leak issue ?
Hi csrionnet, I did not check with service center yet but came to know another owner with the same issue on his XM variant. Will keep you posted as soon as I know the root cause and solution.

Hi csrionnet, I did not check with service center yet but came to know another owner with the same issue on his XM variant. Will keep you posted as soon as I know the root cause and solution.
Thank you Prabhagar
Your detailing about Tiago ownership gives me 360 degree view. I was skeptical about Tiago , but now I have decided to go for it.

Thread Starter #85

Thank you Prabhagar
Your detailing about Tiago ownership gives me 360 degree view. I was skeptical about Tiago , but now I have decided to go for it.
Thank you and congratulations on your decision [clap]. I am sure you will get a niggle free Tiago as we owners are bound to experience few niggles in early production units.

Friends, any idea what this leak is in my passenger footwell panel? It leaks from that circular part and feels like feviquick/anabond upon touching. No smell from that liquid though.

View attachment 205744

View attachment 205743
May be your drain pipe is blocked . Had the same issue in my nano , TASS should be able to rectify it easily [:)]

Thread Starter #87

Call me nitpicky but Harman's shuffle option isn't making me happy. I have more than 16GB of music on a pen drive and yet only a small subset of songs are repeatedly (not in order though) selected by the random playback [evil].

Call me nitpicky but Harman's shuffle option isn't making me happy. I have more than 16GB of music on a pen drive and yet only a small subset of songs are repeatedly (not in order though) selected by the random playback [evil].
This happens with my smartphone music player as well. I have been using play music by google and VLC for android, in both the players with shuffle mode I feel same subset of songs are repeated while there are song that are not played. Now I created playlists to overcome this.

TML recommends oil change every 15000km so I guess it's okay. It has Mineral oil unless we want to switch to synthetic.
IMHO, there is no way a normal mineral oil is going to last for 15000 kms. It has to be synthetic oil. I got it confirmed from the user manual of Tiago as well. Please refer the attachment.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #90

IMHO, there is no way a normal mineral oil is going to last for 15000 kms. It has to be synthetic oil. I got it confirmed from the user manual of Tiago as well. Please refer the attachment.
Good catch Gopi, my bad in assuming it would be mineral oil. I checked out the user manual recommendation @ Castrol website and it does say its partly synthetic. Kudos to you for pointing this out [clap].

Source:

Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5W-30 is a part synthetic lubricant suitable for use in automotive gasoline and diesel engines where the manufacturer recommends an API SN, ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4 or earlier specification 5W-30 lubricant

Top Bottom