Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review

@Prabhagar : First of all, Congratulations, for your new car! Nice color too! If you are working in IT and you are working in and around Saravanampatti/Hopes area, I guess I would've seen you couple of times.
Thanks furious_driver. Yes I work in IT @ s.patti area so feel free to stop me if you see an orange Tiago with scratches on its left side [:D].

Regarding Scratch, try to get it done 3rd party FNG. These guys do better job these days. And regarding number plate, yes, dealer charges the same in the name of Handling Charge, so they shound't chare you again for the same.
Totally agree with you, I don't want to waste my NCB for these scratches. Do you have any recommendations for me to try out in Coimbatore?

I booked an appointment through the app. This time a different dealer near my office.
Want to get the engine oil changed for first service. Its shocking that Tata's engine oil drain interval is 15k kms. The engine oil change is not there in their scheduled 2nd service as well.
Only available by 3rd free service which is not advisable.
Also i have added a complaint of muck accumulating in the petrol inlet area. Which is entering from the rear wheel ARCH area.
That's all from my end.
Please let us know if the dealer allows you to do oil change during 1st service and the charge for doing the same.

Thanks furious_driver. Yes I work in IT @ s.patti area so feel free to stop me if you see an orange Tiago with scratches on its left side [:D].
Sure I will. At the same time, if you see some dusty Silver Xcent with TN60 registration, you can stop it. Because that would be me! [lol]

Totally agree with you, I don't want to waste my NCB for these scratches. Do you have any recommendations for me to try out in Coimbatore?
Regarding FNG, I will try to get some details from my friends. Meanwhile, when I had similar incident, I didn't replaced the bumper/parts, but instead a simple paint touch up at authorized service center and it was perfect. So now you have 2 options. Either get it done from outside FNG, which is bit of a hit or miss. While I'm sure there are some FNG's that does marvelous job, but same cannot be said for all.

Else, you can tell the Service Center to do just touch up job and pay it out of your pocket.

Thread Starter #64

Sure I will. At the same time, if you see some dusty Silver Xcent with TN60 registration, you can stop it. Because that would be me! [lol]

Regarding FNG, I will try to get some details from my friends. Meanwhile, when I had similar incident, I didn't replaced the bumper/parts, but instead a simple paint touch up at authorized service center and it was perfect. So now you have 2 options. Either get it done from outside FNG, which is bit of a hit or miss. While I'm sure there are some FNG's that does marvelous job, but same cannot be said for all.

Else, you can tell the Service Center to do just touch up job and pay it out of your pocket.
Yea I should have asked the body shop guy for a quote to touch up instead of complete paint job. Will ask him again when I visit them next time.

Prabhagar@
Superb review, straight from your heart. You should think of renaming the thread as "Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's HONEST Review"

Tiago is design is totally different from the usual INDICa-ish styling of tata cars. Glad that you are loving the car. Being a 3Cylinder engine, mild vibes are common & nothing to really bad about + it adds a bit of grunt to the throttle post low rpms. Enjoy your ride

Thread Starter #66

Prabhagar@
Superb review, straight from your heart. You should think of renaming the thread as "Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's HONEST Review"

Tiago is design is totally different from the usual INDICa-ish styling of tata cars. Glad that you are loving the car. Being a 3Cylinder engine, mild vibes are common & nothing to really bad about + it adds a bit of grunt to the throttle post low rpms. Enjoy your ride
Hi ss80,
Thanks so much for your honest appreciation [:)]. 2500 kilometers on the ODO, washed at my native place yesterday:
IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

Folks congrats on your new baby :)
Is it advisable to run the machine without changing oil till 15k kms ? What about oil change interval posy that ?
Is the oil being used is synthetic ?

Thread Starter #68

Folks congrats on your new baby :)
Is it advisable to run the machine without changing oil till 15k kms ? What about oil change interval posy that ?
Is the oil being used is synthetic ?
TML recommends oil change every 15000km so I guess it's okay. It has Mineral oil unless we want to switch to synthetic.

TML recommends oil change every 15000km so I guess it's okay. It has Mineral oil unless we want to switch to synthetic.
Thank you Prabhagar
You car looks cute :)

Sounds interesting mineral oil with 15k km life, pocket friendly.
What is the oil change intervals post first service. If we wish to change oil during first service do they allow ?

Thread Starter #70

Thank you Prabhagar
You car looks cute :)

Sounds interesting mineral oil with 15k km life, pocket friendly.
What is the oil change intervals post first service. If we wish to change oil during first service do they allow ?
You are very welcome, and thanks for the comments too. [:D]
According to user manual, Tiago Petrol has all oil changes spaced out at 15K km. Service centers are more than happy to change oil during first service if you wish to pay from your pocket. Costs between 1500 to 2000 bucks including labor. Search for mukeshus's ownership review in this forum, he has changed oil at first service.

You are very welcome, and thanks for the comments too. [:D]
According to user manual, Tiago Petrol has all oil changes spaced out at 15K km. Service centers are more than happy to change oil during first service if you wish to pay from your pocket. Costs between 1500 to 2000 bucks including labor. Search for mukeshus's ownership review in this forum, he has changed oil at first service.
Thank you Prabhagar
15k km oil change interval will reduce maintenance cost substantial considering no synthetic oil.

Seems Tata has decided to give a tough competition to MSI in all terms, design, VFM and maintenance cost. If your experience on service is similar for all then Tata will achieve big with Tiago.

Only time will tell.
Wish you Happy miles ahead for you :)

Thanks Pravin!
AC did not cut off on my car (atleast yet). Have been driving in city most of the time. Wait for TSIVipul's Diesel review to be published, he noticed this during his review drives.
I have experienced Ac cut off in my Tiago Diesel XZ. During first service, I complained about it and then it got resolved. After service I have clocked around 1000 km and AC works like Switzerland! [:D]

Thread Starter #73

Thank you Prabhagar
15k km oil change interval will reduce maintenance cost substantial considering no synthetic oil.

Seems Tata has decided to give a tough competition to MSI in all terms, design, VFM and maintenance cost. If your experience on service is similar for all then Tata will achieve big with Tiago.

Only time will tell.
Wish you Happy miles ahead for you :)
TML want's us to get it serviced every 7500 KM / 6 months for other maintenance even though oil changes are only at 15000 KM. As you rightly mentioned, only time will tell. [evil]

I have experienced Ac cut off in my Tiago Diesel XZ. During first service, I complained about it and then it got resolved. After service I have clocked around 1000 km and AC works like Switzerland! [:D]
Awesome, hope you are enjoying duet songs in Swizz. [:D]

Thread Starter #74

Finally got my dashcam and played around with it. Hooked up to the 12v socket output and starts recording whenever it gets power. Claims 1080p recording but quality is a far cry. Some pictures for you below.

Discretely fits behind IRVM. Has a tiny screen for playback.
IMAG0706.jpg

Micro SD card and mic on the left. Lens angle adjuster on both sides.
IMAG0705.jpg

I should have stuck the base a little higher [frustration]
IMAG0701.jpg

Caught a bad driver within just 1 day of use. Mr Swift guy braked real hard to save Mr Scooter guys' lives. Will upload video to our bad drivers thread soon.
Dash Cam Snapshot.jpg

Hi Prabagar,

It is a very good review with lot of information. Thanks a lot.[clap] I saw your car parked in platina, It really looks awesome.

I have booked Tiago XZ petrol with Tafe access dealer in Tirupur on 20th june. on road price quoted was 572000( last 3 digits approx). I am Expecting its delivery in 3rd or 4th week of August. I understand from your review that seat covers are good, so I will put it in hold until first service rather than purchasing during delivery. What are all the other basic accessories (like mud guards, floor mats) that you have purchased and how much does it cost?

Top Bottom