Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review

Congrats Prabhagar on your new Tiago.

Good to see that the issues were resolved to your satisfaction.

From your experiences, what i can say is the Chennai team is proactive to concerns raised.

In Bangalore Tata is [sleep], and have a lethargic attitude to concerns.

Thread Starter #47

Congrats Prabhagar on your new Tiago.

Good to see that the issues were resolved to your satisfaction.

From your experiences, what i can say is the Chennai team is proactive to concerns raised.

In Bangalore Tata is [sleep], and have a lethargic attitude to concerns.
True sir. Service quality varies a lot depending on the dealership too. Small correction, my dealer is in Coimbatore.

Today I received this message from Tata

Dear Customer, Welcome to the Tata Tiago family. We have lot of exciting contests and prizes to be won till your car is delivered. If you do not want to receive any communication from us type SUB space NO to 5676781. Team, Tata Motors.

Thread Starter #50

Today I received this message from Tata

Dear Customer, Welcome to the Tata Tiago family. We have lot of exciting contests and prizes to be won till your car is delivered. If you do not want to receive any communication from us type SUB space NO to 5676781. Team, Tata Motors.
Somebody on our whatsapp group also received this text from TML. I guess they want to to keep waiting people busy with these contests while your Tiago's are being manufactured. Wish you good luck to win some goodies. [:)]

Thread Starter #51

Fellas,
A few updates on my Tiago experience for the past 2 weeks:

AC:
I was happily driving around town and one fine day the AC stopped cooling the cabin. Though the compressor appeared to be working, there was no cool air from the vents. I suspected it to be the temperature knob as the entire control was rotating along with the knob. Got it fixed by the service center guys but without a job card [anger].

First Dents
My Tiago received its first few scratches from a scooter guy who was riding the same direction as I was; lost control and hit me before he fell down (no injuries to him).

IMAG0559.jpg

IMAG0560.jpg

IMAG0562.jpg

Accessories
Same day when the AC was taken care, I got these seat covers from TML (though the fit levels are shabby for an original accessory).

IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0570.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

Got these door edge guards as freebies:
IMAG0578.jpg

And finally number plates:
IMAG0572.jpg

Fellas,

AC:
I was happily driving around town and one fine day the AC stopped cooling the cabin. Though the compressor appeared to be working, there was no cool air from the vents. I suspected it to be the temperature knob as the entire control was rotating along with the knob. Got it fixed by the service center guys but without a job card [anger].

First Dents
My Tiago received its first few scratches from a scooter guy who was riding the same direction as I was; lost control and hit me before he fell down (no injuries to him).

View attachment 205079

View attachment 205080

View attachment 205081

Accessories
Same day when the AC was taken care, I got these seat covers from TML (though the fit levels are shabby for an original accessory).

View attachment 205082

View attachment 205083

View attachment 205084

Got these door edge guards as freebies:
View attachment 205085

And finally number plates:
View attachment 205086
Ouch!!! It hurts to see scratch on the car Prabhagar.
Any plans to get it repaired?
Hope you are having zero depreciation policy.
Any reason for AC not working? Was it a resistor problem?
Do you use AC with the same speed? Like in speed 1 or 2 for longer period?
Now that the camp is going on from 15th-21st July, you would have got 10% off on accessories.

I have booked an appointment for 1st service of my Tiago this 21st of July.

@Prabhagar - A scratch on a new car is a scratch on the heart. I think most of us have gone through that feeling. Please get it repaired ASAP.

Fellas,

AC:

First Dents
It hurts to see scratch on a new car, but when we are driving in crazy traffic condition (India), I think these are bound to happen.[frustration]

as the entire control was rotating along with the knob -> Can you please elaborate this part ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #55

Ouch!!! It hurts to see scratch on the car Prabhagar.
Any plans to get it repaired?
Hope you are having zero depreciation policy.
Any reason for AC not working? Was it a resistor problem?
Do you use AC with the same speed? Like in speed 1 or 2 for longer period?
Now that the camp is going on from 15th-21st July, you would have got 10% off on accessories.

I have booked an appointment for 1st service of my Tiago this 21st of July.
Yes Mukesh, I have Royal Sundaram zero dep policy but skeptic to claim so early and end up losing NCB and higher premium next year. TML body shop quoted 6K to repaint left door, left quarter panel and front bumper. Thinking if I should just patch it with a local guy for now.
For AC issue they said temperature knob was loose and had to be tightened. I am not sure what exactly they did as there was no job card at all. I vary the blower speed often so not sure if that caused it.
As far as accessories go, they already give more than 10% if we negotiate. I got all accessories in my post for 6.5K flat (seat covers, number plates & door edge guards).
How's your Tia doing so far? Got your first service checklist ready?

@Prabhagar - A scratch on a new car is a scratch on the heart. I think most of us have gone through that feeling. Please get it repaired ASAP.
Yes bro working out options to patch them temporarily.

It hurts to see scratch on a new car, but when we are driving in crazy traffic condition (India), I think these are bound to happen.[frustration]

as the entire control was rotating along with the knob -> Can you please elaborate this part ?
Hi Puneet, agree with you it is very difficult to run a scratch free car in our cities.
AC Knob - I assume this temperature knob on the console is connected to a controller behind the dashboard and turns the control's stalk to vary temperature (same as volume control knob in home audio systems). If the controller itself becomes loose, turning the knob will actually rotate the controller, instead of just rotating the stalk. Did I answer your question?

Last edited:

Yes Mukesh, I have Royal Sundaram zero dep policy but skeptic to claim so early and end up losing NCB and higher premium next year. TML body shop quoted 6K to repaint left door, left quarter panel and front bumper. Thinking if I should just patch it with a local guy for now.
For AC issue they said temperature knob was loose and had to be tightened. I am not sure what exactly they did as there was no job card at all. I vary the blower speed often so not sure if that caused it.
As far as accessories go, they already give more than 10% if we negotiate. I got all accessories in my post for 6.5K flat (seat covers, number plates & door edge guards).

Yes bro working out options to patch them temporarily.

Hi Puneet, agree with you it is very difficult to run a scratch free car in our cities.
AC Knob - I assume this temperature knob on the console is connected to a controller behind the dashboard and turns the control's stalk to vary temperature (same as volume control knob in home audio systems). If the controller itself becomes loose, turning the knob will actually rotate the controller, instead of just rotating the stalk. Did I answer your question?
Number plates must be provided free of cost by the dealer.

Thread Starter #57

Number plates must be provided free of cost by the dealer.
AFAIK, we don't get them for free in Tamil Nadu and it costs between 600 (plastic) and 900 (metal embossed). Are you from TN as well?

I booked an appointment through the app. This time a different dealer near my office.
Want to get the engine oil changed for first service. Its shocking that Tata's engine oil drain interval is 15k kms. The engine oil change is not there in their scheduled 2nd service as well.
Only available by 3rd free service which is not advisable.
Also i have added a complaint of muck accumulating in the petrol inlet area. Which is entering from the rear wheel ARCH area.
That's all from my end.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #59

I booked an appointment through the app. This time a different dealer near my office.
Want to get the engine oil changed for first service. Its shocking that Tata's engine oil drain interval is 15k kms. The engine oil change is not there in their scheduled 2nd service as well.
Only available by 3rd free service which is not advisable.
Also i have added a complaint of muck accumulating in the petrol inlet area. Which is entering from the rear wheel ARCH area.
That's all from my end.
Yes I was also surprised to see the lengthy oil change intervals but thought it could be advancements in engine tech these days. I heard it costs 1.8K for a paid oil change, just FYI for you. And yes I and many other owners that I know off face issues with muck in fuel lid area. Appears to be a design flaw and most service centers fix it by using sealants.

@Prabhagar : First of all, Congratulations, for your new car! Nice color too! If you are working in IT and you are working in and around Saravanampatti/Hopes area, I guess I would've seen you couple of times.

Regarding Scratch, try to get it done 3rd party FNG. These guys do better job these days. And regarding number plate, yes, dealer charges the same in the name of Handling Charge, so they shound't chare you again for the same.

Top Bottom