Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #121
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review

Now that's impressive! I don't think MID variation will be off more than 1-2 km/l! What was the maximum speed you touch and what was the average cruising speed?
For some reason my car has a variance of 2-3 KM between MID and tank full, occasionally even close to 4. If you are asking about this trip, I was hovering around 2000 RPM which is the sweet spot for Tiago, mostly cruising at 65 Kph.

- 3rd gear: 30-50 Kph (when there's traffic)
- 4th gear: 50-65 Kph
- 5th gear: 65-80 Kph, with a little bit of coasting.
- Top speed: 90 Kph for a couple of times during overtaking.
- Except for a 30 minute stretch, I didn't use AC due to our early start and cloudy weather. Drove with rolled down windows.

For some reason my car has a variance of 2-3 KM between MID and tank full, occasionally even close to 4. If you are asking about this trip, I was hovering around 2000 RPM which is the sweet spot for Tiago, mostly cruising at 65 Kph.

- 3rd gear: 30-50 Kph (when there's traffic)
- 4th gear: 50-65 Kph
- 5th gear: 65-80 Kph, with a little bit of coasting.
- Top speed: 90 Kph for a couple of times during overtaking.
Better check Tank-to-Tank and check the variation couple of times to conclude the variation!

- Except for a 30 minute stretch, I didn't use AC due to our early start and cloudy weather. Drove with rolled down windows.
Don't do that! I used to do that but it spoiled the interiors. Because of this, interiors age much faster than it should be!

That's a valid point especially with the dust levels in city limits.
Our XUV, which is beige, got spoiled very bad and based on the experiences, we make it a point not to do that with my uncles Cruze! Thank god it was black, but still, I don't want to see cars in our family looks soiled from inside out!

After reading this complete ownership review I've also booked Tiago XT Petrol Brown color. Delivery is expected to be before Diwali :)
Sorry if I've missed, has any one tried to install the missing tweeters in XT variant? My dealer says it has to be done only at his place, didn't check about the price though.

Thread Starter #126

Our XUV, which is beige, got spoiled very bad and based on the experiences, we make it a point not to do that with my uncles Cruze! Thank god it was black, but still, I don't want to see cars in our family looks soiled from inside out!
As they say, cleanliness is godliness.
After reading this complete ownership review I've also booked Tiago XT Petrol Brown color. Delivery is expected to be before Diwali :)
Thank you and congrats on your Tiago booking [thumbsup].
Sorry if I've missed, has any one tried to install the missing tweeters in XT variant? My dealer says it has to be done only at his place, didn't check about the price though.
I have not heard of anyone installing tweeters on XT, at least in our WhatsApp group. I will let you know if I come across one.

Last edited:

I have not heard of anyone installing tweeters on XT, at least in our WhatsApp group. I will let you know if I come across one.
Thank you so much. Also, is there any kind of Android app available for this site? (Sorry, I'm very new to this forum)

Also, received a call from my dealer saying my car is in transit, and it will reach my destination within 10 days [:D]

Thread Starter #128

Thank you so much. Also, is there any kind of Android app available for this site? (Sorry, I'm very new to this forum)
No smartphone app, only mobile version of the website.
Also, received a call from my dealer saying my car is in transit, and it will reach my destination within 10 days [:D]
While I am happy for you, this sounds too good to be true considering official 3 month waiting periods. Please ask for VIN number from your dealer to verify this.

While I am happy for you, this sounds too good to be true considering official 3 month waiting periods. Please ask for VIN number from your dealer to verify this.
Yes, I've also read about 3 months waiting period in many places, but while booking (which is 29th of August) I was informed only 9 max weeks of waiting period. Also the dealer said that 9 weeks is just max and generally they're delivering the car within 5-6 weeks itself. Not sure if this is because they're booking less numbers in this particular showroom [confused]

Though I've initiated the Loan process, I would definitely be checking the VIN number once car arrives Chennai to confirm the manufacturing month before asking the bank to release the loan amount.

Thread Starter #130

Yes, I've also read about 3 months waiting period in many places, but while booking (which is 29th of August) I was informed only 9 max weeks of waiting period. Also the dealer said that 9 weeks is just max and generally they're delivering the car within 5-6 weeks itself. Not sure if this is because they're booking less numbers in this particular showroom [confused]

Though I've initiated the Loan process, I would definitely be checking the VIN number once car arrives Chennai to confirm the manufacturing month before asking the bank to release the loan amount.
Sounds good, please also do a PDI at dealer's stock yard before paying full balance.

Tata dealers are quoting 9 weeks delivery time these days and some are managing to deliver it around 7-8 weeks. But there are many who have booked in June-July who are still not managed to get there Tiagos. I have sanctioned 3 Tiago car loans mid-September and pressurizing Tata dealer to deliver the car by 8-9th October. All or none.[:)]

I book Tiago XZ P Blue color on 20 Sep and they promise me to deliver up to 05 Oct. 30 Sep they call me they are no Blue color, they if I want they deliver me white one on 03 Oct...

Hi Prabhakar,
I am Magesh Working in Bosch Coimbatore Staying in KGISL Platina

I also bought Tata Tiago XZ Petrol Varaint on July 2016.
I need to speak to you when you have some time
Kindly provide your contact no.

Thanks
Magesh

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Prabhakar,
I am Magesh Working in Bosch Coimbatore Staying in KGISL Platina

I also bought Tata Tiago XZ Petrol Varaint on July 2016.
I need to speak to you when you have some time
Kindly provide your contact no.

Thanks
Magesh
~snip~
For god's sake and your privacy sake, don't put ur number on public like this. If you want, share it in PM! I'm going to report this post on behalf of you! [frustration]

Top Bottom