Tata Tiago Ownership Review - My Beloved Tia(Go) Finally Comes Home

Re: Tata Tiago - My Beloved Tia(Go) Finally Comes Home

Sir, people talking a lot about ac. I mean it's not even working and 1st batch vehicle all have the same problem. SA not sure it will be rectified or not and engine voice is like very annoying. People are discouraging me a lot. Suggestions please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir, people talking a lot about ac. I mean it's not even working and 1st batch vehicle all have the same problem. SA not sure it will be rectified or not and engine voice is like very annoying. People are discouraging me a lot. Suggestions please.
I have personally been in a Test drive in a Tiago yesterday after noon in Hyderabad at 2.30pm. Mobile apps were showing temp around 45 deg. I was sweltering hot. The Tiago diesel was parked outside in the sun, the moment we sat inside we felt as if we were in the oven.

AC was turned on and 3 minutes approx in our drive it was bearable and 10 min i was comfortable and relaxed (all of this in the rear seat).
So AC is not a problem at all.

Now coming to the noise, compare it with 3 pot celerio and you will feel the difference. 3 pot engine will surely be noisy than the 4 pot ones. But having said that you compromise on the cylinder but gain on the mileage. Kitna deti hai? well tiago 23 kmpl petrol and 27 kmpl diesel pe deti hai.

So all in all I would strongly recommend you on the Test drive on say 2 dealerships in bangalore. (heard prerna and concorde at dairy circle are good)
People will say what ever come to thier mind. You check for yourself and make a decision. Now since you are TAIger I will want you to take an educated decision and not on hearsay.

You need more clarification there are many over here to help you.

Congrats Pardeep on your Tiago purchase!!
I have booked mine last week and on an eager wait for delivery.
May I know if you had purchased any accessories or protection work like anti-rust, paint-sealant treatments?

Kitna deti hai? well tiago 23 kmpl petrol and 27 kmpl diesel pe deti hai.
When I went to Tata showroom, sales representative told me that they tested Tiago petrol mileage in ECO mode and they were getting somewhere between 24-27kmpl (25% city/75% highway). I didn't disclose this figure before launch but now I think owners are getting good mileage and I have no reason to refuse his claim.

First Tiago owner in TAI.. congratz man... [clap]
explore your driving experience and do some more photo shoots of tia including interiors.. :)

Congrats Pardep on your Tia(go)[clap]! its really fantastico seeing Tata going leaps ahead from its Tag line ''More car per car''. I think the first ownership thread for the tiago. So good to see you envy your buy and hope loads of joy and trusting Tata cars. [:)]

Hi my brother took TD of Tiago, he too felt AC was not that great then SA changed it to city mode and in minutes result was different car was chill. SA explain it to my brother after reading some blog in team BHP he tried and it worked for him. And finally we booked one for mom in Bangalore orange color petrol and White diesel for my chennai office.

Hi my brother took TD of Tiago, he too felt AC was not that great then SA changed it to city mode and in minutes result was different car was chill. SA explain it to my brother after reading some blog in team BHP he tried and it worked for him. And finally we booked one for mom in Bangalore orange color petrol and White diesel for my chennai office.
2 Tiagos that is great. I felt the Diesel one was better than the petrol one. I am kind of biased towards diesel. If feel the diesel grunt is the vehicle talking to the driver. However i have felt Tiago Revotorq to be a quieter than expected diesel motor.

@Pardeep
Veer ji, congrats for becoming the Piya of Tia(go)!! :biggrin:

Have gone through the complete review and it's an interesting read for sure. Wishing you lacs of happy miles with Tia(go) and keep updating; an ownership review is worth multiple TD reviews as it only shows how the bride is behaving after reaching her in-laws.

Coming to AC and NVH points as mentioned by many at various places on the web:
AC I found fantastic in my TD
NVH can be an issue but I tell you, Polo has it worse; but people love criticizing Tata and not other brands.

Top Bottom