Tata Tiago Ownership Review - My Beloved Tia(Go) Finally Comes Home

Hi members,
Myself Rahul and very much new to this forum,being said that i have been following the thread for past two weeks as I've booked my Tiago XZ(P) Brown on 1st October. I was informed that it will take a month and more for the delivery, and yesterday the SA called me and informed that they have received a brown tiago XZ in their inventory. i am in a dilemma whether i should go for it or not,as i am doubtful if somebody has rejected that car previously for some issues. i am expecting some expert advice from beloved members of this forum in this regard. The chassis date is Aug 2016.
Thank you & Ride Safe !

Hi members,
Myself Rahul and very much new to this forum,being said that i have been following the thread for past two weeks as I've booked my Tiago XZ(P) Brown on 1st October. I was informed that it will take a month and more for the delivery, and yesterday the SA called me and informed that they have received a brown tiago XZ in their inventory. i am in a dilemma whether i should go for it or not,as i am doubtful if somebody has rejected that car previously for some issues. i am expecting some expert advice from beloved members of this forum in this regard. The chassis date is Aug 2016.
Thank you & Ride Safe !
Welcome to tai brother. It's good to have doubts. When you have doubt, it's even better to clarify it. Visit the stock yard and check if the car is fine. It may not be the case of customer rejection. Brown is one among the high demanded colours in Tiago. So Tata must have supplied Brown in abundance. Just check it and decide.

Rahul don't worry as bro DJ adviced check your self in yard see any damage or something, one more thing I own a popular brand 2 wheeler dealership I had booking of 105 black bikes and 27 silver guess what company delivered us 30 black and 92 sliver, so we had to call sliver booked client and deliver it and got firing from black customers had to convince few to take sliver, convince new customers to go for sliver. Hope that will help u to understand how you may get your earlier and some had to wait for months.

Congratulations. I would like to know the mileage figures of Tata Tiago Petrol ? Can owners help ?
City B2B: 10 - 13 kmpl
City Normal Traffic: 13 - 15 kmpl
Dual Carriageway / Highway: 15 - 30 kmpl (if you are insanely sedate)

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...go-petrol-xz-laymans-review-2.html#post505419

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...o-petrol-xz-laymans-review-10.html#post517126

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ficiency-figures-your-cars-67.html#post516576

Dear All,
This is my first post here
Got my Tiago XZ petrol delivered on 26th Oct. Have run about 800 KM so far. My dashboard shows MIL warning all the time and ABS warning when I run on highways(at about 70). I have not gone beyond 80KMPH so far with the car. Service center could not find an issue and they simply flash and clear the errors but it keeps recurring. It is very disappointing to be in this situation. Any help on this please.

Since early this year I have been looking to get a new hatch to replace my old-generation i10. I have been following the Brio for some time. Then Tiago came into the frame. I plan to get one of the two hatches by January following a service visit of the i10. My budget is maximum 6.5L OTR and I want alloys and ABS within this bracket, which can comfortably net the Brio VX MT.

Yet, I have a feeling I could go with the Tiago petrol top-end for a much lesser price and save the moolah for a rainy day, save a doubt. My question to those who know Tata vehicles well is: Is Tata not confident of the quality of Tiago and long-term reliability since they prefer to go with a service interval (after free period) of six months and only 7,500 km, while most hatches have at least 6 months/10,000 km interval? Or am I reading it wrong? Please clarify.

Yet, I have a feeling I could go with the Tiago petrol top-end for a much lesser price and save the moolah for a rainy day, save a doubt. My question to those who know Tata vehicles well is: Is Tata not confident of the quality of Tiago and long-term reliability since they prefer to go with a service interval (after free period) of six months and only 7,500 km, while most hatches have at least 6 months/10,000 km interval? Or am I reading it wrong? Please clarify.
I just reviewed the service schedule from user manual (page 118) and there aren't any critical check points during 7.5K service intervals. Below are the only items listed for this service (rephrased for simplicity):
  • Wash the car and clean condenser fins.
  • Check & top up fluids.
  • Check fuel lines for leakages.
  • Check and clear ECU error codes (probably for reporting/analytics ?).
  • Check and tighten all bolts and nuts.
  • Rotate tyres.
  • Check Battery.
  • Clean AC filter & check HVAC performance.
To me these doesn't sound like lack of confidence by Tata, rather rudimentary checks which not all owners are capable of doing at home. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Hi members,
Thank you & Ride Safe !
Hello Nambiar, I think so you must go head , as everybody said you go and personally check the vehicle, My point is One of my company person canceled the booking after waiting almost 4 month because some financial problem. then showroom people asked people who already in Que for same color and same variant. In that case you are lucky, you will get your car early. and don't worry. GO AHEAD WITH BIG TIA SMILE :)

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I have recently booked the Tata Tiago XZ 1.2 Striker Blue Color.

Booked on 17th, Dec 2016 and I am getting delivery on 26th Dec, 2016. It will be a November 2016 manufactured car.

Thanks to the owners for their extensive review which has helped me to know the car much better. It will be mainly used by my dad and hope he will love the car.

Thanks,
Sunay

Top Bottom