Tata Tiago Diesel: Requesting Owners' Feedback

Thread Starter #1
Guys,
I am looking forward to buy TATA Tiago diesel. However during test drive we felt clutch quite stiff.

Since my wife would be using most of the time.

Would like to know from TATA Tiago diesel owner. How stiff have you felt your diesel car clutch.

Your inputs are valuable for my purchase. Request your honest review.

kkn13

Suspended
Re: Tata Tiago diesel

Frankly if diesel, go for Grand i10
If petrol, Tiago

Tiago diesel wasnt as good to drive , smooth as Hyundai
Petrol is a different story,Hyundai is better here too but Tiago is close enough and a better overall package

Yes clutch is harder in Tiago diesel compared to regular petrols.The service centre will adjust it during the 1st service to your liking.
1st month was tough but then got used to it.Also i need to engage the clutch much less compared to my old petrol car.Now i find it difficult to drive my Dad's Alto or brother's wagon R.In 2nd gear or 3rd gear driving in city conditions require very little gear changes(i.e. no need to frequently change gears).So this is not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Guys,
I am looking forward to buy TATA Tiago diesel. However during test drive we felt clutch quite stiff.

Would like to know from TATA Tiago diesel owner. How stiff have you felt your diesel car clutch.

Why are you choosing diesel for a lady? Buy diesel only if you do over 2k km in a month.

TD the Tiago AMT for easy of city drives, especially in chyotic and slow Bombay traffic, she will thank you for the automatic convenience.

Thread Starter #5

Thank you all for your response.

I had test driven both variants. Yes it is true for diesel variant one doesn't need to change the gear. For a diesel vehicle it is quite smooth and I could raise it to 4000rpm without much efforts.

Only issue I felt was the clutch was little stiffer than I thought. However I am petrol car (WagonR) user for last 16 years. CNG brought the cost but took away the car after putting 50,000 odd kms plus long queues or odd time to go fill your CNG.

Yes for a lady petrol car is better however my wife is a better driver than me. ;) Choice is her since she has to take the kids around all the time.

Overall I see long rides in future too... that's why need to know from Tiago diesel owners how does the clutch work on long run.

I am really looking forward to buy one of the petrol or diesel top end Tiago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guys,

Stiff clutch is common with all tata diesel. My Safari clutch is hard as 407. Tata has it routes in truck. One thing is to wear a hard footwear . Another option is to play with the settings to the return bearing which may give a jerky feel in clutch.

Guys,

As you are a petrol car owner from a long time, you will feel that the diesel clutch is stiff in any Diesel car in the segment or maybe upper segment as well. In earlier days yes the clutch was stiffer in Tata cars as reported by the users however with these new gen cars, the clutch in Tata cars are now quite good.

Let your wife do the TD and if she is okay with it, then go ahead with Tiago diesel, its a beauty and well-sorted car from the Tata stable.

There are two Tiago's in my family bought within a month or two of launch and are going great with no issues at all and the immediate owners always appreciate me for helping them for these acquisitions. No issue so far.

Even my friend is now driving Tiago more than his Swift due to exclusivity, premium interior feel, the sense of security in it & fuel economy. He is even considering Tigor as his running is high and a bigger boot is required to carry his work-related pieces of equipment and the best part is that he is willing to trade his Swift for Tigor not Tiago

So no issues till now and you can always opt for AMC and P2P packages. I should add that Tata is one of the best when it comes to honouring warranty without any fuss[:D]

Thread Starter #8

Thanks for your valuable inputs...

I am looking forward to part of TATA after long time relationship with Maruti.

Moreover agreed on your part of honouring warranty by TATA than other brands.

Now going for test drive of Tiago, Tigor and Nexon

Got my car's 3rd service done today.Total bill 3412.00 as i have opted for b2b plan only.So oil & oil filter extra,also had a wheel cladding change.Car has run 13600kms in last one year.service was good.harman software upgraded to 1.8.ac filter cleaned.now lets see the this years running.

Hi Vyasknit10,

I'm considering Tiago diesel beside freestyle. Just curious regarding its fuel economy? Can you please reveal the FE figures?

Appreciate that!

Regards

Top Bottom