Tata Tiago (2019): First Time Car Owner's Experience

Thread Starter #16
It's a turbocharged petrol 3 cylinder engine.
Sadly its a NA engine.

But grossly oversized tyres have further compounded the problem and the car won't feel zippy.
How did I forget this. Thanks for reminding me doc. I would be downsizing to 195's on the next change which will be in the distant future.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Sadly its a NA engine.
How did I forget this. Thanks for reminding me doc. I would be downsizing to 195's on the next change which will be in the distant future.
Oh! Its my bad. Forgive me for confusing it with diesel tiago with revotorq engine (which has been discontinued post BS6).
So maybe it's just the tyres,which you can compare by driving any other car with factory specs.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Yeah. Only when I floor the accelerator this happens. So I suspect the tyre size only. Will drive and see some other Tiago if I get a chance in future.

Also a friend of mine suggested that I have to drop down a gear because the In-gear acceleration of Tiago might not be great because of the low torque - petrol.

Last edited:
Tiago and Tigor petrols are a Naturally Aspirated 1.2 liter engine, and not turbocharged, unless it is a JTP variant. The 1.2 litre revotron is turbocharged only in Nexon and JTP's. Even the Altroz uptill now has only the non turbo engine. Although rumors are doing rounds about the turbo coming in both the cars in the petrol guise.
Regarding boost post 3000rpm in petrol Tiago thats where the ideal powerband really is between 3000 to 5000rpm, max torque is achieved at 3300rpm in this NA engine. Unlike diesel the NA petrols(especially 3pot engines) do not have low end grunt, hence the power buildup is felt at higher RPM. The 4cylinder engines do better in this aspect, take for ex Maruti 1.2petrol engines.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
looks very nice.I am eager to know the results,and your experience with it.Eagerly waiting for your review on this wax .
Is it silicone based ?

Thread Starter #25
Turtle Wax Seal n Shine First Application

I decided to try it out. I would recommend you all to use a Foam applicator instead of a Microfibre Applicator or a Microfibre Cloth and spray from one or two feet away so that the spray spreads over a large area.

I washed the vehicle, used IPA to clean any old wax residues. I used the Plastic cover method to find the surface contaminants as suggested by @CRACING and found the surface to be smooth. So decided not to clay. I polished the car using Amway Silicon Glaze(Will be trying Meguiar's Ultimate Polish after this stuff is over). So after all the prep work done,

I used
One spray for each fender and the windows.
Two sprays each for the hood, each doors, front and rear bumper, boot door and both the windshields.
Four Sprays for the Roof.
Two sprays in the applicator covered the lights, mirrors and mirror covers.

It left slight streaks in the glass panels alone, might be because I was late to wipe it off. But it went off with a little effort and a damp microfibre cloth. The surface immediately felt a loth smoother to touch. Also I slightly tested the hydrophobic properties.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Though not crazy as a ceramic coating, but for 800 Rs, I think this is worth it. Need to see how many washes it withstands before it needs another coating.

I polished the car using Amway Silicon Glaze.
Looks like this a AIO product (Cleans, polishes and protects with wax) and I'm not sure whether seal n shine goes well with it. May be you should use Megs Polish or any pure polish next time.

Results look decent though. Good job! [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #27
Looks like this a AIO product
Even I thought about it, but didn't see anything about wax written in it. Also I saw in Dr. Mudhan's thread that he used it as a polish. Anyways this will get over very soon, may be one or two months and the next time I use it, I'll be using megs polish.

Results look decent though. Good job! [thumbsup]
Thank you[:D]

Congrats again on your ride (first wishes already done in ATOM FB group) and wish you millions of happy miles on your Tiago. Also happy to see another Coimbatorian in the forum.

I was lucky enough to have a friend who runs an automobile workshop [:D]. I also didn't take EW because I would be servicing my Car from him only after the warranty gets over.
I just completed my 4th year EW and on the hunt for a good FNG. Please share his shop details and I would love to check him out for my future services & repairs.

Yeah. Only when I floor the accelerator this happens. So I suspect the tyre size only. Will drive and see some other Tiago if I get a chance in future.
You are always welcome to [drive]my 2016 model. Typically 2000 RPM is when you should feel a bump in power delivery, 3000 in your car makes me curious.

Also glad to see you are a DIY detailer too, I have Megs Ultimate Polish in case you like to try before buying the full bottle (which BTW lasts for years). PM me here or on FB in case you like to catch up sometime.

Thread Starter #29
Congrats again on your ride (first wishes already done in ATOM FB group) and wish you millions of happy miles on your Tiago. Also happy to see another Coimbatorian in the forum.
Thank you once again. I am glad to have a Coimbatorian here.

I just completed my 4th year EW and on the hunt for a good FNG. Please share his shop details and I would love to check him out for my future services & repairs.
I'll PM you the details.

You are always welcome to [drive]my 2016 model. Typically 2000 RPM is when you should feel a bump in power delivery, 3000 in your car makes me curious.
It is around 2000-3000 RPM. This new digital RPM meter is hard to read on the go. Anyways after a recent run on the Mettupalayam Road, being in right gear and right RPM, overtaking was easier. I am starting to learn the ways of Car Driving[lol]. SO there is this power bump right. Thats what I was curious. Thanks for the info.

Also glad to see you are a DIY detailer too, I have Megs Ultimate Polish in case you like to try before buying the full bottle (which BTW lasts for years). PM me here or on FB in case you like to catch up sometime.
I have seen your DIY details too. Sure I will try it out once. Yeah these polishes lasts for a very very long time. I have been using the Silicon Glaze for 4 years on my Duke 390 and not even half a bottle was over. It has seen a slight increase in usage only after I have started using it on my car. Sure we'll catch up some time soon.

Thread Starter #30
Just did a small 2 day trip from Coimbatore to Karur, to attend a friend's marriage. The car performed flawlessly.

Don't mind the eco mode, I use eco mode only while idling and use only city mode for riding.
1.jpg

Poser
2.jpg

3.jpg

Natural Tint on my windshield [:D]
4.jpg

Chilling in the countryside.
5.jpg

It was raining cats and dogs for 80 kms from my home.

Mileage from the computer, 16.6, Actual Mileage from TFTF method (there is a speedo error as I've upsized the tyres and rims) - 353km/26ltrs = 13.6 Kmpl.
The MID showed 18.8 Kmpl when we reached Karur. The mileage took a very heavy hit as there was lot of idling, city riding and frequent on and offs. It was showing 16.1 kmpl when we started our return journey.
6.jpg

Trip Details
Total trip - 353 kms
City 60 kms
Remaining 2 lane State Highways.
Spirited driving, had to keep up with the beast and there was good traffic and a very very heavy downpour.

I have decided not to calculate the mileage by TFTF method as there is speedo error and its tiresome to calculate the percentage difference everytime. SO will be happy with the MID readings.

Top Bottom