Tata Sumo Grande Refresh

Thread Starter #1
Tata is working on a facelift for the Sumo Grande and the first set of spy images revealing a prototype have just emerged. The car was spotted at Pimpri, near the Tata Motors plant. Inside sources told us that we could expect to see a facelift being rolled out in the next six months. Our source mentioned that “specific consumer segments are identified for which the Grande will be made and marketed to”. The Grande refresh gets a darker grille and an additional bull-bar. We don’t observe changes to the headlights or the front bumper. Tata has blackened out the pillars and used what we think are matte-black stickers surrounding the windows.

At the rear, the Grande gets an additional set of reflectors above the taillights. There are bound to be a few interior revisions, while the engine is expected to continue unchanged. With the Sumo Gold facelift (launched in June at the Horizonext), we saw certain feature additions to the cabin such as a mobile phone holder and plastic covers for a more complete look. Alongside these changes, could the more premium Sumo receive the Vista-platform LCD infotainment touchscreen to complement navigation and Bluetooth audio functions?

Source: Indian Autos Blog.com

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to shift entire body on to the advanced hydroformed X2 chassis,jazz up the headlights,tail-lights,grill etc,improve the interiors,bump up the power to 140 bhp, and price it between 7 to 10 lakhs with ABS,EBD,A'bags etc,available on the top model and then this vehicle may become a worthy rival to the Scorpio.

I think there is much more being tested than just the "face lift".

Are they testing this car mounted on the ARIA platform??. Well we should expect this as ARIA platform will be the base of all TATAs with BOF chassis. Those stickers are just to distract us, from the actual thing and I think they have succeeded in doing it as we are discussing "yuck" looking tail lamps.

They need to shift entire body on to the advanced hydroformed X2 chassis,jazz up the headlights,tail-lights,grill etc,improve the interiors,bump up the power to 140 bhp, and price it between 7 to 10 lakhs with ABS,EBD,A'bags etc,available on the top model and then this vehicle may become a worthy rival to the Scorpio.
shifting to hydroformed x2 chassis seams does not workout because it increases the production cost, tata grande neads complete makeover in inside present grande interiers are straight lift from old sumo its sounds like a old vine in new bottle [frustration]

tata should come up with this type of style what iam showing below [confused]

Attachments

Original grande/xenon was designed by Tata's European technical centre. They must had made that interiors much more cheerful and contemporary. Current design lacks something somewhere... Especially the headlights look small..

shifting to hydroformed x2 chassis seams does not workout because it increases the production cost, tata grande neads complete makeover in inside present grande interiors are straight lift from old sumo its sounds like a old vine in new bottle [frustration]

tata should come up with this type of style what iam showing below [confused]
Infact these were the designs that TATA had used for designing the Storme. Even I was under impression that Grande was used being redesigned using inputs from the famous rovers.

However, during my visit to Concorde motors at the time of buying my beast, i saw these visuals in the making of the video for storme.

Saw the scoop pics in other forums, and I have to admit it looks much better than the outgoing model, and mainly because the design hides the bulk. But is it only me, or anyone else also feels that it resembles pajero and montero to a large extent?

Last time when Grande came, it was left unnoticed and it being the 2008 depression of economy it didnt pick quite well. But again I have the same feeling for it, since TATAs dont market their products well and it lands up in the CAB stable. Hope TATAs have taken notice under their new CEO, and market it alongside and as rival to scorpio.

Grande is a victim of self inflicting wounds of TATA Motors. Grande was supposed to be a lifestyle product aimed at private buyers.

Main reasons for Failure are:
1. Suspension
2. Dash Board

TATA has used the chassis of the SUMO. OK. But, TATA Should have uses springs with gas filled shocks for off roading ability. Also TML Should have taken a new dashboard to blend well with the futuristic exteriors. That should have boosted to vehicle into a new category and image otherwise the commercial segment now it is in.

Last nail in the coffin was using the SUMO tag.

Main reasons for Failure are:
1. Suspension
2. Dash Board
I've owned this car for 2 1/2 years now. And I feel, people take this car by face value. "Oh, it has leaf at the back, should be bouncy.".
NOPE. Its exactly the opposite. People inside are pretty surprised that the 'pathetic' leaf spring suspension is comfortable and not choppy and bouncy. This car is pretty stable and planted at high speeds as well. It feels stiffer than the Safari which is good when cornering. But it is well behaved compared to the coil springed Xylo and even Scorpio. And it is light years ahead of Bolero in that front.

Yes they have to work on the aesthetics, specially on the interior. Plastics look pathetic and look cheap.

Top Bottom