Tata Sumo Grande MK-II Ownership Review

Thread Starter #63
105000 kms service done.

New shoes needed now. Pirelli dont have the 245/70R16 scorpion ATRs, that i had bought last time. So have to switch to Michelin Latitude cross. I loved the Pirellis. Excellent grip. Even now, when the tyre is running on its carcass (well, figuratively)[;)].

nothing much to report.

good to know that the vehicle has lived up to its reputation. many more miles can be clocked on it. happy motoring. however i bumped in late into this thread excellent review bro. read all your post word by word. hope the dents on the left rear door has been removed now.

i own a TATA Sierra 1998 NA run 2,36,889 till now with the original engine no overhauling done. Its as sturdy as it can get, that's one thing i like about TATA they are very sturdy on road.

we should meet up some day do let me know when you head towards Mangalore.

Thread Starter #66
Got Michelins fixed.
Size 255/65R16 latitude cross.

Stupidity. Absolute stupidity. I thought I knew all.[embarass]

Now the rear tyres rub (brush rather) against the wheel well at some angles.
Have order wheel spacers 5mm ones. Just enough to avoid rubbing.

Thread Starter #68
Hi,
How much you spent for that?
Its 13000 per tyre. 52000 a set(set of 4). Also managed to tear a tyre (my cousin did that). So had to buy one extra tyre. And the rear tyres brushing against the inner wall, well, couldnt find the spacer.

More about Michelins, I found the grip lacking. Coming from Pirellis, this tyre gives way a little quickly for my liking.

A new issue has cropped up though. It has to do with radiator fans. The fan has two speeds. One slow and other fast. When the car heats up, ie the temp gauge needle goes above the middle point, the fan should run faster. In my case it just wont do that. Checked every thing there is to. It runs fast on battery, but when the car is switched on it goes off.

Rest all are fine. Going strong.

Hi Navnit , thanks for your nice review and excellent honest follow up. I have just bought a 2013 Grande mk II GX BS IV with 38000 km on odo. No major issues.
I have a few questions ...did you go on Rohtang Pass tour in Grande ? Have you changed the middle row seats ?

Thread Starter #73
Rohtang, Nope. I havent. Every year I plan though.

Mine are factory seats. Middle row captain seats (comfortable, but space wasted). Only thing Ive changed are seat covers (to black fake leather). Got it hand stitched. As in custom made for my car. Also the door cards where there is fabric cover, also changed to match the seats.

And since you remind me, I havent posted the pics of that. Will Post as and when possible [;)].

Did a road trip in Lahaul and Spiti valley. Man...you cannot drive Grande there. It scared the **** out of me. The roads are non existent and very narrow. And the speed at you can travel is like 10 kph. But if you're experienced and seasoned driver then and then only go to that area. We travelled in Innovas with local drivers. I won't take my Grande there. Through I saw many Sumos, Boleros, rarely Safari or Scorpio... saw a lot of Innovas.... Favorite cab...nowadays.
I will be going in Konkan in Deepawali holidays... Let's see.
Recently I had to replace the timings belt as it was cut through due to a crack at tension pulley...there was loud knocking sound and the engine would die after a few seconds.

Top Bottom