Tata Sierra: Technical Queries & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am really surprised by looking at the thread. So, i thought u are the best person to help me for my sierra.

Let me tell about my sierra. I brought it 1 year back and the car was in excellent condition except few minor problems.

Its a non turbo version.

I had done around 7000 kms on it without any problem.

But from last one month i am really facing a serious problem with the vehicle.

One month back i the belt was broken, so i took it to my garage where i did my minor works. He replaced with a new one and advised me to replace the engine belt also. So, replaced that too also.

But from that the problem started. With in 10 days the belt again broke down. So i replaced it with a new one . Now again with in 3 days that also broke down so, i took it to the Tata authorized center then replaced with a new one. But they told that one of the pulley which is on the side of the ac compressor is not an original one, and that's the reason the belt belt breaks down frequently. They told me that they are also not having the spare part for that.

Again after 10 days that belt also broke down. Then i took the vehicle to my regular garage. I told him a about the issue what the TATA guy has told me. So, he came with a SUMO pulley a tried to fix it by removing the old one. But it really didnt fit on it due to the length problem. So, he fixed that by welding over there.

But again after few days the belt slipped to the side from the pulley. So i called my garage person to fix that. He fixed that but i don't think its a permanent solution. And i am also hearing noise from the belt.

Now with in 1 month i lost around 4 belts. Now i really fear to take this vehicle outside due to this belt problem.

Now i am also feeling that the engine get heated to early after the engine belt change, which was not earlier. As i have taken the vehicle on long drive earlier.

Now i really need your suggestion how to overcome this problem.
I rally need my vehicle on track.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Tata Sierra - Technical Queries and Solutions

So many times the same problem!!

First change your mechanic and then change the belt

The pully thing / idler present over there may not be aligned .

check if they are running on straight line with no hard visible vibrations.

I also wud recommend to find right mechanic..

There should be some experienced mechanic in ur area, you can believe them atleast for these kind of mechanical subsitutes, else dont compromise in parts.

Try to get as far as right parts..find out where you can Sierra part.

What I can do is I will talk to my Mechanic and let you know if he suggests something..

Thread Starter #4

hi ilango[speed thirst],

I am really thankful for your suggestion. The problem over here is to find the right mechanic.

I am also confused about the idler, i mean as i have mentioned earlier there was a smaller pulley. Now as the TATA guy told that's a duplicate one so, my mechanic i mean the Garage where normally i do my work changed that with a SUMO victa one whose size looks like the other pulley but as i said earlier the length of the rod is bit smaller so he could not fix that with the bolt. So he permanently fixed that by welding that.

So, if u can send me a picture of the Original pulley near the AC compressor of the vehicle which u have worked on i will be very much grateful to u.

If u can tell me something about the heating problem.

If u can give me permission i can make a call to u to understand about the issues.

Thanks in Advance..

Thread Starter #5

I also wud recommend to find right mechanic..

There should be some experienced mechanic in ur area, you can believe them atleast for these kind of mechanical subsitutes, else dont compromise in parts.

Try to get as far as right parts..find out where you can Sierra part.

What I can do is I will talk to my Mechanic and let you know if he suggests something..
Hi,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. The problem over here is to find a right mechanic for my TATA sierra. As i have said i had gone to the TATA authorized service center but they are also very reluctant to work for this vehicle. They always give an excuse of not having the parts any more.

Is your car is totally ready. If yes please upload some pictures from all angles so i can have an idea while doing mine.

Thanks in Advance

Hari Babu and Illango have given very right insight
Pls inspect yourself the front side of engine ,the belt alignment of all pulley to be in line ,otherwise repeated probs .
what model is your Seirra ?
i will try snapshot of catalogue

Thread Starter #7

Hari Babu and Illango have given very right insight
Pls inspect yourself the front side of engine ,the belt alignment of all pulley to be in line ,otherwise repeated probs .
what model is your Seirra ?
i will try snapshot of catalogue
Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already checked that but to my eye everything look in place. May be i am wrong, as i have not much idea.

Mine is a 95 model. Its a non turbo version. I will really grateful to u if u provide the snapshots.

Thanks in Advance

Tata siera

Hi ALL
I NEED EXPERT HELP!
WILL A TATA SIERRA RUN ON "BIO DIESEL " ,OR WOULD I NEED TO FIT VITON SEALS
HOPE YOU CAN HELP REGARDS TO ALL PAULJAY

member hari , who's sierra i am modding have lot of details about alternate fuels!

he is planning to instal hho in his car. he even have met so many people who did this and manufactures them etc.

mod - not only sierra run on alternate fuel . create a separate thread for bio diesel/hho etc

sumo victa steering pump in sierra

i got to see the present sumo victa/safari pump. its smaller in size.

All you need is to remove the 4 , 10 size bolt from the old pump and match the manifold with some lathe work for holes.

I didnt buy them as it was 6500 and mine is 80% efficient.
Just a tip for full worn out pump users!

point _ the extra blower speed increase switch which the previous owner have kept is the culprit.
his argument , more the blower speed , less the cooling effect. he(ac mech) says to keep the blower in 2 for all the car for max cool effect .
No idea how its true.

discussion in my thread , since related to technical , posted here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s/3943-got-tata-sierra-turbo-4.html#post89586

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

ilango[speed thirst];89589 said:
point _ the extra blower speed increase switch which the previous owner have kept is the culprit.
his argument , more the blower speed , less the cooling effect. he(ac mech) says to keep the blower in 2 for all the car for max cool effect .
No idea how its true.

discussion in my thread , since related to technical , posted here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s/3943-got-tata-sierra-turbo-4.html#post89586
Hi ilango,

As per your suggestion i have found another mechanic. He is telling the socket which holds the ac compressor is bend and that needs to be replaced. Could u tell me is he right.
As well he told it's difficult to get a new socket so he is trying to get a old one from somewhere.

Could u suggest me how for he is correct?

Thanks in Advance

Socket ?
manifold of ac compressor ?
if that is not perfect , you may have belt issues , apart fromm cooling

what socket are you asking about?

Thread Starter #14

ilango[speed thirst];90271 said:
Socket ?
manifold of ac compressor ?
if that is not perfect , you may have belt issues , apart fromm cooling

what socket are you asking about?
Hi,

The the Mechanic is telling the ac compressor socket i.e the one which is holding the ac compressor is bend.

i don't understand what is manifold of ac compressor.

So, just i want to confirm from u is that an issue for which i may be getting the belt problem.

Thanks in Advance

manifold of ac , that hold the ac is bend .
so the whole ac compressor is out of alignment.

so the belt don't run in straight line.

points are perfect. how come that manifold got damaged?

Top Bottom