Tata Safari Storme ZX on the Anvil?

Thread Starter #1
TATA is all set to launch upgraded version of the long awaited successful model from TATA Motors stable. After initial guarded response there was a sudden rise in demand for the All New SUV from TATA Motors has now a 6000+ demand for the Safari Strome, now clocking around 2500+ monthly sales. My personal enquiries from the showrooms here in Hyderabad here quote a waiting period of 10-15 days for delivery. I demand is only from the topend VX 4X2 version and that too only for black and pearl white.

I, myself was once a victim of the Safari when it was launched with the new 2.2 DiCoR VTT engine in 2007. It was a brand new engine then full of latest features integrated into it. But like any new product from an amature it had its own set of troubles. Ranging from the piston head to the turbocharger and fuel injectors all were ill-designed and eventually failed and caused immense damage to the Safari brand. For our vehicle, a strong (but painful) letter to Mr. Ratan Tata ensured in a new engine block for our Safari. But finally all others problems let to our vehicle finally disposed for Rs1,50 Thousands only in three years and 80K Kms. Then incame our present Mahindra Scorpio VLX.

Now the scene has reversed, with the engine totally redesigned along with the body and chassis. Tata took time and invested it's brain and time and came up with the new engine which now houses a new piston head, cam shaft, fuel injectors, fuel pumps and turbo chargers along with many new changes and now the engine is refined as butter and has now raised the confidence of the TATA motors personell I spoke to in one of the informal meet with TML and service staff here in a workshop when I took our company owned VISTA for service. They are confident that the engine can do >3 Lakh kms without any problems. That's their confidence. That is evident with the ARIA that had initial niggles but is now problem-free. My personal thought is that TML engineers might have planned to deliver a tech-less but problem-free vehicle initially, and then later plan to embed them with features which they are going to do now.

New is out that after tasting a good sucess with the Safari Strome, now TML is soon to launch a tech-laden vehicle. An six-speed Automatic tranny shown at the AUTO-EXPO 2012 in one of the new additions to come in soon. Also in news is a new Six-speed manual gearbox to pump our more horses from the engine.

New features set to make it is:
1. A six speaker Harman Kardon (JBL) audio system
2. Touch screen Navigation system
3. six-speed Automatic gearbox
4. Reverse camera
5. MID display
6. Premium interiors
7. Re-designed dash.

What else do you want in the Safari Strome ZX ?

Tata Safari Storme to Get More Features | MotorBash.com

Tata Safari Storme to Get More Features

Tata Safari Storme is Tata’s new ace in the SUV segment in India and a shot to regain the lost honor which it once held with pride. Safari Storme comes with some great driveablility and go-anywhere capabilities.

But there are some shortcomings which even the company is aware of. Tata has been riding on the car’s success and is currently sitting on over 6000 bookings of the car even when it is yet to be launched in some parts of the countries and this number is about to go up. Mr. Ashesh Dhar, who heads the Tata UV division has stated that the Safari has room for improvement and has said that in the days to come, the car will get more features on offer and will get some features missing on the competition.

We have already seen, through our exclusive scoop, that Tata is preparing a para-military version of Safari Storme. The Safari Storme is a great driver’s car but lacks a lot of gadgets and features present on the XUV 500, one of its chief nemesis. And it is all set to get plethora of luxury features too in 2013. Reports suggest that the Storme will get a Harman Kardon branded music system and will get a bit more premium interiors. And there’s something the XUV 500 lacks, an automatic transmission which Storme might also get soon.

Since Tata has tasted success with this car in India, they are looking to capitalize on it by taking the car to other markets as well. Safari Storme will also be exported to other countries where it would lock horns with some global SUVs. Its been more than a decade when the first Safari came on the Indian roads and since then, the car has managed to get a whole lot of followers behind it. The car still stays true to the butch looks and we hope Storme does well and we see a much better iteration coming soon.

Its easy to install a display unit in the Storme. The bin on top of the center console.

t.jpg

Image: TAHNX TO GOOGLE.

I have already bought Safari Storme, will i be able to add these accessories i.e.

for my beast?

I don't think ZX will be launched before next year,or at best before the end of this calendar year.Similarly A/T Storme will only be launched once Tata has launched it in Aria first(they haven't yet).If they can launch the upgraded Storme any time soon,then kudos to them.

Yes, I was really wondering how does such a upgrade is done so fast as the launch in South India is just happening and bookings are going one and vehicles need to be delivered. Those features are welcome from TATA, but I really do not think it will happen so early

Please bring it only after thorough testing the new techs which is prone to have issues. Current storme is delivering the result for having an exhaustive testing. But bringing new variant will be good for new customers. But what about the existing customers??
pricing will be critical..

Please bring it only after thorough testing the new techs which is prone to have issues. Current storme is delivering the result for having an exhaustive testing. But bringing new variant will be good for new customers. But what about the existing customers??
See this model will be priced higher then vx , so people who have budget of ex and lx should move on and buy the current storme . This feature rich model is with direct competition to xuv w8 AWD.

I believe it only comes along with a facelift in familiar TATA fashion and hence 2 din will be available for all models...
Similarly ex and vx gets added features and the top end zx with all bells and whistles. But I again repeat pricing is critical..

Thread Starter #12
New features set to make it is:
3. six-speed Automatic gearbox
4. Reverse camera
5. MID display
6. Premium interiors
7. Re-designed dash.
In these features 1,2,4,5,6 can easily integrated.

The top coin & slip console can be removed to fit a mould to house a double din touch screen for in-built GPS embedded system. That also serves the purpose for a redsigned dash.

Other features which can be added are
8. climate control system
9. Steering mounted audio controls
10. Cruise control

All a can be integrated into the central controls.

Yes buddy, I am really scared after reading latest niggles on X vehicle with all these features[cry]. I really get a doubt that our Indian manufacturers are really geared enough to provide such features niggles free ?? if not better to be away from them as other wise the features will kill the product. Here I am not saying features are not good, but those should be niggle free like something provided on those foreign brands like Toyota and Skoda, yes I will agree here they do lost of testing before they are launched in India, so they look always reliable and niggle free.

This is very good step. [clap]
But I feel if one wants to buy LX/EX, one should buy now. I don't think except for 2 din, there will be any other difference on these 2 models. And if this ZX comes, I am sure, it will be come with DVD with rear screens, 6 airbags etc. But I feel on-road price then would be similar to XUV W8.

Top Bottom