New features set to make it is:
1. A six speaker Harman Kardon (JBL) audio system
2. Touch screen Navigation system
3. six-speed Automatic gearbox
4. Reverse camera
5. MID display
6. Premium interiors
7. Re-designed dash.
If I am not wrong, Storme VX 4x4 already costs around 17L.Interesting to see what price this upgrade will come at, if at all that happens. Personally I don't see Tata launching this model in the near future.

Thread Starter #21
So the news finally arrived!

Safari Storme ZX to hit the market soon. Price of VX dropped.
True![clap]

To make changes in their product line they have dropped the price of the VX model by Rs. 25,000/- over the existing model. The features in the current VX model, audio system and leather seats have been removed. The top end ZX variant on the other hand will get a list of new features and more power from the new 150 BHP VariCOR engine. Apart from this front facing third row of seats are rumoured to be present. I think a lot of chassis management needs to be incorporated which seems unlikely to me. Also expect to see a new Dashboard layout to houses a new 2-DIN audio system Harman infotainment system. Also expect a whole lot of additions from the Aria to come to the Safari’s cabin.

What about AMT?

Tata Safari Storme
VX 4×2 variant Rs. 12.31 lakhs: old price was Rs. 12.56 lakhs
VX 4×4 variant Rs. 13.57 lakhs: old price was Rs. 13.82 lakhs
(ex-showroom, Delhi)

Source: Motorbeam

TATA is all set to launch upgraded version of the long awaited successful model from TATA Motors stable. After initial guarded response there was a sudden rise in demand for the All New SUV from TATA Motors has now a 6000+ demand for the Safari Strome, now clocking around 2500+ monthly sales. My personal enquiries from the showrooms here in Hyderabad here quote a waiting period of 10-15 days for delivery. I demand is only from the topend VX 4X2 version and that too only for black and pearl white.

I, myself was once a victim of the Safari when it was launched with the new 2.2 DiCoR VTT engine in 2007. It was a brand new engine then full of latest features integrated into it. But like any new product from an amature it had its own set of troubles. Ranging from the piston head to the turbocharger and fuel injectors all were ill-designed and eventually failed and caused immense damage to the Safari brand. For our vehicle, a strong (but painful) letter to Mr. Ratan Tata ensured in a new engine block for our Safari. But finally all others problems let to our vehicle finally disposed for Rs1,50 Thousands only in three years and 80K Kms. Then incame our present Mahindra Scorpio VLX.

Now the scene has reversed, with the engine totally redesigned along with the body and chassis. Tata took time and invested it's brain and time and came up with the new engine which now houses a new piston head, cam shaft, fuel injectors, fuel pumps and turbo chargers along with many new changes and now the engine is refined as butter and has now raised the confidence of the TATA motors personell I spoke to in one of the informal meet with TML and service staff here in a workshop when I took our company owned VISTA for service. They are confident that the engine can do >3 Lakh kms without any problems. That's their confidence. That is evident with the ARIA that had initial niggles but is now problem-free. My personal thought is that TML engineers might have planned to deliver a tech-less but problem-free vehicle initially, and then later plan to embed them with features which they are going to do now.

New is out that after tasting a good sucess with the Safari Strome, now TML is soon to launch a tech-laden vehicle. An six-speed Automatic tranny shown at the AUTO-EXPO 2012 in one of the new additions to come in soon. Also in news is a new Six-speed manual gearbox to pump our more horses from the engine.

New features set to make it is:
1. A six speaker Harman Kardon (JBL) audio system
2. Touch screen Navigation system
3. six-speed Automatic gearbox
4. Reverse camera
5. MID display
6. Premium interiors
7. Re-designed dash.

What else do you want in the Safari Strome ZX ?

Tata Safari Storme to Get More Features | MotorBash.com
It requires a better
a) Steering Wheel - Should be lighter and should not transmit shocks.
b) Better Hand rest - better than the XUV
c) The front seats should be cosy - Better than the Aria. It should snuggle the driver and the navigator :redface:
d) Reduce the weight by 200Kgs - Common , even the fortuner is lighter.

Just wondering if the facelift that is being rumored about the Storme is going to be called the ZX or something else? Does anyone have an idea of its launch date or month of launch? Initially it was rumored to be in the market during the festival season, but dint see it coming.

From a gear ratio, I hope they tune the 2nd and the 3rd gear so that the future Storme gives the ooomh feeling while moving out of traffic. Just a wish, since I currently drive a Vento Diesel highline and the way the car takes of from an idle position is remarkable; there is no comparison in this area within the same segment. As I am looking forward to have an SUV, I liked the ruggedness of the Storme and the commanding position it gives. During the test drive, I felt that the vehicle is underpowered and may require some more power. Can anyone tell why the Storme is so heavy “2 TONS “? Are they using cast iron or some thing to build this tank? Hope they make the 160PS engine . Another area I felt it could be improved is the Steering. Too tight and when I took it over some of the potholes, the steering was jerking into the hands. I believe it can be made lighter but not as light as an electronic one. With the engine refinement they have done so far, they can start focusing on steering refinement.[glasses]
At the end of the day, if I have to shell out 15L and above I better have all the gizmos that are even available in the lower end cars and also TATA should ensure that it is rattle free. [frustration]

Top Bottom