Tata Safari Storme Vs Rest of the Competition

Tata safari storme Vs rest of the competition

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See there is no denying of a fact that Scorpio is a good vehicle .
No one probably can,objectively.If any one is interested shall open a dedicated thread for that.I shall contribute from my side.

and sells great since its inception and like all other vehicles it has its short commings
Could very well be that it has much more positives than short comings to convince people.

" storme is a better product " ( in whatever initial impressions we all had )
Sorry I can't agree and conclude at present as i haven't driven one yet. But going by various and most recent reviews on forums especially from people who drove storme in bangalore in the last couple of days,one may need to wait for a few more years to see a contemporary and a more convincing product from tata. Mind you storme is a 2013 launch and scorpio saw its final upgrade in 2009.So one expects much more than just an overall more refined product,if it has to convince an ordinary buyer like me.

@manoj , is it possible to slide back the scorpio middle seat without folding rear seats?
If one doesn't even know whether the second row in scorpio could be slide back with the third raw in place, how can one imagine, assume and gave a comment as given below?

why you have given 7 marks to scorpio? Just imagine that you and your dad with boot full of luggage travelling to pune from Mumbai, and I happened to request you for a lift till pune , obviously , you will be driving and dads comfort is of utmost importance to you and me equally.So I will sit on the middle seat albeit experiencing the discomfort due to poor under thigh support.So I will expect you to give less than 4 marks if it is scorpio .

Last edited:
No one probably can,objectively.If any one is interested shall open a dedicated thread for that.I shall contribute from my side.

Could very well be that it has much more positives than short comings to convince people.

Sorry I can't agree and conclude at present as i haven't driven one yet. But going by various and most recent reviews on forums especially from people who drove storme in bangalore in the last couple of days,one may need to wait for a few more years to see a contemporary and a more convincing product from tata. Mind you storme is a 2013 launch and scorpio saw its final upgrade in 2009.So one expects much more than just an overall more refined product,if it has to convince a buyer.

If you don't even know whether the second row in scorpio could be slide back with the third raw in place, how did you imagine, assume and gave a comment as given below?
Exactly you are not agreeing or disagreeing since you have not driven it right ? This is what is imp , some are regardless of driving it commenting what is that called ? Assumptions maybe ? ( Kindly note that you might not like it and feel the storme inferior then Scorpio after driving it and its all ok )

Scorpio and storme /safari shortcomings and positives are highly subjective .

2 of my friends like safari and Scorpio respectively and bought it and both are happy . The one who bought safari was simply not able to accept any positives put forward about scorpio infront of him , and the one who bought scorpio was convinced more on scorpio and dint like anything what the safari offered .

other friend was not convinced atall on both the SUVs and bought a Sedan sx4.

And the question you asked tornado about seating arrangement , is the same question we have been asking our other friend who has not seen the storme in real and yet commenting on under tigh support and ergonomics in the car so the request go see the car and then talk .

See one can allways form a opinion on a car without seeing it , but it needs to be done in limit .

One can comment about how newyork city is and form a opinion on newyork city watching a movie or pics or reading about it , but can't write a travelogue on it , for that one needs to travel there physically .

Last edited:
If one doesn't even know whether the second row in scorpio could be slide back with the third raw in place, how can one imagine, assume and gave a comment as given below?
Well now ,please enlighten me on the meaning of 'boot full of luggage '. If boot is full of luggage , how to create space for sliding back the mid row seats without removing some bags?

Well now ,please enlighten me on the meaning of 'boot full of luggage '. If boot is full of luggage , how to create space for sliding back the mid row seats without removing some bags?
Buddy ,What do you want to prove here? It was you who said 'boot full of luggage’ and you are asking me for the meaning of it? [frustration]

I can only say it from what I do in my vehicle. I have good enough boot space as my third row is always removed for the last 3 years or so. What I do is slide the second row first and then fill the boot with luggage and not the other way around.[;)]

+1000

I am not here for any cheap arguments as it gets more personal at times, for which I guess I have no time.

In my Scorpio m-hawk, if I need more space I have the luxury of removing my third row and/or sliding the second .Since I don’t use the third row ,I have managed space in such that 5 people can sit in comfort with adequate luggage area behind as well. Also in refreshed scorpios[post 2009] ,the seats do have good under thigh support even for a 6.0 footer like me.To believe it one should have the right attitude to accept the reality and needs to experience it than assuming it.

Scorpio has been the King [objective-market response] in its segment for all these years since its introduction, due to variety of reasons. Even after the launch of a world class attempt in XUV ,the consistent demand for Scorpio is the testimony for its reliability and practicality for the money you spend.

If one is looking for a 4x2 SUV in the price bracket Scorpio/s still is a strong contender. But these days we do have more options to choose from whether it is a Duster or Storme LX ,provided the latter proves at least as reliable as the scorpio .It depends on how the vehicle is built and also on how good and efficient the TASS is in one’s own area where you will be getting your storme serviced or looked after.

If one is looking for a 4x4 SUV in sub 20L,it won’t again be difficult for people to decide on between Scorpio LX 4WD , Scorpio VLX 4WD or Storme VX 4x4 depending on their requirements. They simply need to TD them ,compare their off road abilities and try and convince themselves which one to go for, considering the price of each vehicle [I don't want to rub salt in the wound by quoting the price of each of the vehicles mentioned here]and once again their reliability which in turn has a lot to do with the brand and quality of service offered at the respective ASS.

You think Scorpio is very reliable so it selling like any thing right!!!!
I still remember when my uncle about to decide between safari, scorpio and innova, he said Safari is like truck I'm aged now I think I cant drive it like you. he rejected safari for that reason and purchased innova by dumping scorpio for its bad ride quality and space.

Still People thinks SAFARI as BIG TRUCK and huge for city drive but STORME is a answer for this.

You made your choise and purchased your scorpio and some how you managed to enjoy its ride quality, people who use to innova, safari and some sedans they definatly reject scorpio for its bad ride quality and tight seat.

Safari is always be a nice car compare to scorpio. number of sales is not a concern to say scopio is better, still Safari is good for its built reason.
Now STORME is a answer to its old avatar now you have very little to complain may be less than scopio in coming days if service gets better from TATA.

Buddy ,What do you want to prove here? It was you who said 'boot full of luggage’ and you are asking me for the meaning of it? [frustration]

I can only say it from what I do in my vehicle. I have good enough boot space as my third row is always removed for the last 3 years or so. What I do is slide the second row first and then fill the boot with luggage and not the other way around.[;)]
Then please correct me if I am wrong here as Scorpio can be just treated as 5 seater with good boot space [confused]

Also, I am really surprised to hear that Scorpio got a good ride quality and "King of SUV in India" is this with just sales numbers or does any organisation awarded this which we missed out[surprise]

Last edited:
Then please correct me if I am wrong here as Scorpio can be just treated as 5 seater with good boot space

Also, I am really surprised to hear that Scorpio got a good ride quality and "King of SUV in India" is this with just sales numbers or does any organisation awarded this which we missed out[surprise]
RK, remember he is yet to test STORME so his all thoughts are assumptions.
I'm still wondering when scorpio became KING of SUV in India [embarass]. may be he is indicating sales figure RK otherwise there is no reason to call it a KING since it is a cheapest 7 seater SUV in the world, A.K.A SCORPIO is a NANO of SUVs [lol].

RK, remember he is yet to test STORME so his all thoughts are assumptions.
I'm still wondering when scorpio became KING of SUV in India . may be he is indicating sales figure RK otherwise there is no reason to call it a KING since it is a cheapest 7 seater SUV in the world, A.K.A SCORPIO is a NANO of SUVs .
and yet nano is not setting the sale charts on fire [lol].

and yet nano is not setting the sale charts on fire [lol].
Nano has general meaning too, By the way Nano is doing decent now as compared to the time when it released and caught itself on fire just because of Bosch starters OK.
Now What I mean to say is Scorpio is a Nano of SUVs. cheap and small, very tight, very bumpy.

Last edited:
Nano has general meaning too, By the way Nano is doing decent now as compared to the time when it released and caught itself on fire just because of Bosch starters OK.
Now What I mean to say is Scorpio is a Nano of SUVs. cheap and small, very tight, very bumpy.
the quoted text are your words.
Even then an alto sells more than a nano and mind you it is not cheaper than a nano.
Hence your points have failed.

Yes, Scorpio was really a sensation when it was launched !! it has given M&M a rebirth after the Sumo killed Mahindra jeep. But

It was new to us when it was launched as we were not very much used to SUVs in those days and we looked at it with lot of admiration, but if we see today's most advanced and refined SUVs it looks very much outdated, cheap, small and bumpy too. It has done well for its era, but today it is sold only because of its price and people who like M&M and like some body said people who want to show off in villages when they sold their lands for lakhs of rupees and there is also the influence of movies about scorpio as it was used in more movies atleast I know about telugu movies where villians use them a lot[lol]

the quoted text are your words.
Even then an alto sells more than a nano and mind you it is not cheaper than a nano.
Hence your points have failed.
I'm talking about the car not the sales, If you are not clear feel free to ask again.
Nano means small or less in this contest ok.
so scorpios as SUV
price : nano
space : nano
comfort : nano
ride : nano
ability : nano

so who can resist : nano

Yes, Scorpio was really a sensation when it was launched !! it has given M&M a rebirth after the Sumo killed Mahindra jeep. But

It was new to us when it was launched as we were not very much used to SUVs in those days and we looked at it with lot of admiration, but if we see today's most advanced and refined SUVs it looks very much outdated, cheap, small and bumpy too. It has done well for its era, but today it is sold only because of its price and people who like M&M and like some body said people who want to show off in villages when they sold their lands for lakhs of rupees and there is also the influence of movies about scorpio as it was used in more movies atleast I know about telugu movies where villians use them a lot[lol]
yes RK +1000 to you(for this point) and films which made this car a super hit.
I strongly feel MnM can never improve in ride/comfort departement, their tractor and jeep DNA never going to leave. for me MnM means a copy cat, Samsungs big/small brother.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the car not the sales, If you are not clear feel free to ask again.
Nano means small or less in this contest ok.
so scorpios as SUV
price : nano
space : nano
comfort : nano
ride : nano
ability : nano

so who can resist : nano

yes RK +1000 to you(for this point) and films which made this car a super hit.
I strongly feel MnM can never improve in ride/comfort departement, their tractor and jeep DNA never going to leave. for me MnM means a copy cat, Samsungs big/small brother.
and what have M & M copied ?

You have got to be specific to what you say.
Do you even know what you say?

Do you know samsung and LG are the largest Lcd panel makers.
Companies like sony and panasonic source their lcd panels from them.

350Z

Core Team
Thread closed. This thread has run its course. There’s no point to continue further discussions unless members understand to respect each other’s views.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom