Tata Safari Storme Vs Rest of the Competition

Tata safari storme Vs rest of the competition

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this aging concept ?

I guess they are saying it just because they have to or trying to please certain mentality. they are writing 14 years as if 140 years old design..darn!

If looks have been retained does it means the car is old and rusted?

Kind of outside visibility Safari can offer IMO no other suv can come close to it,which points to fact that Safari is a legendary design.
If the looks were changed, then this very people would have shouted the hell, bashing "TATA should have retained originality of the Safari.". Darn it. [anger][frustration]

Raj & Vipul,

If you have not seen Storm & driven, then all the opinions are just treated as feelings which are subjective according to me and even I think they are not that valid !!

I really do not understand why Storm is being compared with Scorpio all the time ?? Reason I sat in Scorpio and when we drove in a bad roads having up and downs, the experience was so bad that I felt like there is not suspension and I was being hit to the door near to me and moving left and right [frustration] and what more to say one thing can be a deal breaker to buy Scorpio !! on good roads everything is a king even a bicycle too without suspensions !! I did not drive storm but I have seen it in real and seen its GC too and watched a video post on another thread where it clearly shows how well it takes the bad potholes and we can see its suspension capabilities [:)]

One more this what is this 14 years old thing is being discussed always !! How it matters if Safari is 14 year old design. Storm is not a make over of Safari and it clearly has its own style and feel.

Raj & Vipul,
I did not drive storm but I have seen it in real and seen its GC too and watched a video post on another thread where it clearly shows how well it takes the bad potholes and we can see its suspension capabilities [:)]

One more this what is this 14 years old thing is being discussed always !! How it matters if Safari is 14 year old design. Storm is not a make over of Safari and it clearly has its own style and feel.
God ..that is really shocking, people started to feel the suspension and ride quality from the video.
I am eager to know how is it achieved?

If you read my post iam comparing the Scorpio sle to storme lx read features of both and price ex showroom for storme lx is 9.95 , the only thing storme dosent have is a rear washer and wiper and arm rest .
True, compared to the Scorpio SLE, the Storme LX makes more sense. That's the reason I mentioned I was comparing the top end variants.

So if storme is a old desgin then what is the Scorpio in its current avatar ?
I am not saying Scorpio is a new generation vehicle, but even the Storme is not... And hence I wont pay a huge premium for the Storme. It lacks the features and finesse I expect in that price.

and here are prices of duster ex-showroom

Renault Duster 85 PS RxL Diesel
1461cc Diesel, Manual, Full Specs | Features
Rs. 9,12,182
Check On-Road Price

Renault Duster 110 PS RxL Diesel
1461cc Diesel, Manual, Rs. 10,13,893

Renault Duster 85 PS RxL Diesel (Opt)
1461cc Diesel, Manual, kpl Rs. 10,13,89

amd only the option pack in duster comes with abs , airbags .
I hate the Duster so much that I dont even treat it as a competition!

As per the auto car review this is what they wrote as their conclusion

The Safari Storme, then, comes across as a quantum leap ahead of the previous Safari. It’s well-equipped, refined, better built and comprehensively updated. And with prices starting from Rs 9.9 lakh for the base 4x2 model and going to Rs 13.7 lakh for the fully loaded 4x4 option, it’s great value for money. Also, as a long-distance cruiser, nothing can quite beat it for the money. The only grouse is that, even after 14 years, Tata hasn’t got around to changing the ageing body completely.

Agreed. But I dont believe that its well equipped and comprehensively updated! Sadly, I cannot have a test drive of the Storme from here, which would have cleared many things for me. Till then, I will have to rely on videos, reviews and pictures.

Raj & Vipul,

If you have not seen Storm & driven, then all the opinions are just treated as feelings which are subjective according to me and even I think they are not that valid !!
How many of you here raving about the Storme have actually owned or driven the Storme?

Anyways, I have already added a disclaimer that I am not in a position to test drive the Storme right now.

I really do not understand why Storm is being compared with Scorpio all the time ?? Reason I sat in Scorpio and when we drove in a bad roads having up and downs, the experience was so bad that I felt like there is not suspension and I was being hit to the door near to me and moving left and right [frustration] and what more to say one thing can be a deal breaker to buy Scorpio !! on good roads everything is a king even a bicycle too without suspensions !! I did not drive storm but I have seen it in real and seen its GC too and watched a video post on another thread where it clearly shows how well it takes the bad potholes and we can see its suspension capabilities [:)]
Because of sales figures. Scorpio gives a tough time to the Safari and is seen as it's toughest competitor. The Storme's pricing now ensures that it competes with the Scorpio as well as XUV.

I do feel that the Storme just looks like a facelifted Safari. Heck, most of the body panels are the same. What "own styling" are we talking about?

P.S. : I am talking only about the exterior styling.

Raj & Vipul,

I have seen it quite well, sat inside and took a look at most of the jhol-jugaads on offer and at the end. I REJECTED THE CAR, sorry to say guys but the excitement levels which I had for the car and the way members like Raja, Gurrala, etc etc have over hyped the car, it raised the expectation bar quite high, but the real car is nowhere near what I expected.
I don't mean that I expected a Fortuner rival, but I also haven't expected the same old wine in a new bottle. Rest, the vehicle is priced very well and after looking at the overall fit and finish, the price is further justified.

In the driving front, wait buddy..I'll come up with a comparo with XUV and all any day. All I need is 7-8 hours of free time and issue is that now a days it looks very tough to get even 2-3 hours.

I really do not understand why Storm is being compared with Scorpio all the time ?? Reason I sat in Scorpio and when we drove in a bad roads having up and downs, the experience was so bad that I felt like there is not suspension and I was being hit to the door near to me and moving left and right and what more to say one thing can be a deal breaker to buy Scorpio !! on good roads everything is a king even a bicycle too without suspensions !! I did not drive storm but I have seen it in real and seen its GC too and watched a video post on another thread where it clearly shows how well it takes the bad potholes and we can see its suspension capabilities [:)]
My buddy, low speed ride of Safari is worse than even that of Scorpio. In terms of low speed ride it's the XUV which sents the true benchmark and in terms of high speed ride it's Safari and Aria. But I am also thinking how ride can be felt by seeing a video??
I guess then you need to see an Amby passing a slightly bad stretch and I am sure you will be deeply moved by it's ride.[lol]

See buddy, you are right but the point is that instead of offering a new product TATA HAS JUST FACELIFTED THE SAFARI and with some added hype it's being considered a new product.

What were your expectations vipul? A yeti finish? The fit and finish is miles ahead then Scorpio and duster and even better then xuv in some cases speically the exterior and paint quality .did you make pics of storme you saw ? What colour was it ?

True, compared to the Scorpio SLE, the Storme LX makes more sense. That's the reason I mentioned I was comparing the top end variants.

I am not saying Scorpio is a new generation vehicle, but even the Storme is not... And hence I wont pay a huge premium for the Storme. It lacks the features and finesse I expect in that price.
why you think storme is not a new generation vehicle? Drive it when you will come to India you will very well agree it is.
They have retained the same desgin from side profile just this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raj & Vipul,I really do not understand why Storm is being compared with Scorpio all the time ?? Reason I sat in Scorpio and when we drove in a bad roads having up and downs, the experience was so bad that I felt like there is not suspension and I was being hit to the door near to me and moving left and right [frustration] and what more to say one thing can be a deal breaker to buy Scorpio !! on good roads everything is a king even a bicycle too without suspensions !! I did not drive storm but I have seen it in real and seen its GC too and watched a video post on another thread where it clearly shows how well it takes the bad potholes and we can see its suspension capabilities [:)]
I do not understand why Scorpio shouldn't be compared with Storme?

Both falls under same segment, even if it doesn't people in our country would compare these two (many compare Innova with these two and everybody knows that fact why people do that)

In my opinion, Storme would only please the Safari fan boys and add for some politician's wannabe vehicles. For the rest of the time, people down South prefers Scorpio.

Even if it releases in Bangalore the prices would wash away many buyers and XUV will be their last resort.

Both falls under same segment, even if it doesn't people in our country would compare these two (many compare Innova with these two and everybody knows that fact why people do that)

In my opinion, Storme would only please the Safari fan boys and add for some politician's wannabe vehicles. For the rest of the time, people down South prefers Scorpio.

Even if it releases in Bangalore the prices would wash away many buyers and XUV will be their last resort.
you are right storme lx must be compared to Scorpio sle model and it wins hands down against the Scorpio in practically everything. See it drive it you will yourself will know the difference

i have been saying this all along that the storme appeals to people who like the safari in the first place. Though that number maybe huge,but for a normal person who is thinking for an SUV as a purchase for the first time would see this as a facelift to older safari.
If we compare it with the hondas one would know how each generation of city had a whole new body, different tune, different interiors.
Compare that to a 14 year old vehicle there is not a lot of new pinch in it.
The engine of the storme is still the 2.2vtt with the same specs.just the name is changed and as far as i know even the earlier one was a VGT.

So in totality some thing for the safari lovers to rejoice but will set the charts on fire, only time will tell.

How can Storme be compared with Scorpio LX. this is a comparing apples and Oranges.
Strome vs XUV should be the right compare or wait on till refresh Scorpio comes out.

How can Storme be compared with Scorpio LX. this is a comparing apples and Oranges.
Strome vs XUV should be the right compare or wait on till refresh Scorpio comes out.
Scorpio sle model and storme lx are priced in the same range just 30,000 rs difference,so its perfect apple to apples comparison.

No Sir. its never the same. Strome is fresh on the market now. Scorpio has almost touched 10yrs now. How can they be same?
if only cost is to be compared, then it really makes no sense. Though i m happy if Safari lovers still think Scorpio is a Big threat.
XUV vs Storme- the best fight i would say.

So if i am in the market for a SUV (With 4H & 4L) loads of space the options available in the market are XUV, Scorpio, Storme and Fortuner (XUV should be out but just leaving it there for now).

So XUV is all DISCO lights which is not upto my taste, so thats out.

Scorpio is too bouncy for me, and too small (in terms of interior space), hence that is also out.

What remains are Fortuner and Storme. In terms of interior space which would come on top? I did not like the floaty ride of the older Safari over good roads and i hope Storme is better in this regard. I do not like Fortuners price (but cannot do much about it). I also do not like Storme unavailability of double din music system so as i can use it for SAT/NAV system and video.

So which is better, if i look at value for money Storme scores over Fortuner (All 4 Disc brakes, Shift on the fly rotating knob), reliability (now thats an unknown factor here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom