Tata Safari Storme Vs Rest of the Competition

Tata safari storme Vs rest of the competition

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes People buy scorpio because it is cheapest SUV(soft) in the world, i agreed....
Let me tell you what is masses...
Most of the people(masses) who bought scorpio are don't know what is SUV,MUV,sedan etc they don't even know the spec of the vehicle [evil], i think i got the point behind the success of scorpio.
It is true man, many of my relatives bought scorpio since they made money in real estate, even though i had suggest them safari but they were not ready to pay 50 to 80k more for safari(since they are not born rich), and also if one relative buys scorpio then other relatives also buy same vehicle since they need to show others that their status is also equal.
so people(not you) who doesn't know the difference between these vehicles they are more tends to pick the price difference as deal beaker
Same story such as swift Vs Punto. People don't know the worthiness of Punto.

But let me tell you Safari or the Storme did not impress me like the Scorpio did and i don't mind if you feel i am biased here.

One last request. buddy Don't bash me for this post, all the above content is true and experienced in person.
If i wanted to Bash, i would have kept mum for your previous reply.[glasses]

6-7 people in XUV makes it heavier than Storme and goes like rocket
XUV 0-100 in 17 sec (spec)
Storme 0-100 16sec (spec)
See Mr.Ranger, it doesn't matter to me what these magazines say, those people themselves don't know what they are doing for 50% of time. They don't drive for driving, half of them just drive for testing the car without any feelings and all.

Maybe XUV does 0-100 in not 17 but in 170 seconds, but Safari is still slower than it. After 15-20 minutes itself I'll be leaving for the TD and my dear, I don't compare crappy things..I compare car with car, I love comparing gear ratios, I love comparing power delivery and sorry to say..AS ON PAPER, SAFARI STORME CAN'T STRETCH IT'S LEGS LIKE AN XUV CAN DO.

let these things apart , by going fast what you gonna achieve man ???? Storme is perfectly balanced vehicle, its weight to power ration is very good for an SUV,
See my buddy, we can't achieve anything by going fast, but what really matters is how we get to that FAST speed. If Storme is perfect on power to weight ratio, then XUV is beyond perfect, okay.
BTW, WHY DON'T YOU GET ME SOME REAL LOGICAL DATA AND NUMBERS ON WHICH WE CAN DISCUSS IT FURTHER?

let me tell you a story, one day XUV met STORME and said I CAN GO FASTER, STORME laughed at XUV loudly and said I CAN GO ANYWHERE ....
And I am laughing thinking that what will a Storme say to a Gypsy? In fact how many people are going to throw their cars off the road daily?

It is not my Assumption but it is my experience, The STORMES total built is perfectly engineered, Storme weighs 450 kgs more than XUV but still equally quicker to XUV, that mean stormes gear box is very good.
Storme weighs more than even a Fortuner, now please out of your weird logics don't tell me that it's built better than even a Fortuner..[frustration]

XUV 0-100 in 17 sec (spec)
Storme 0-100 16sec (spec)
Who gave you this info? What's the source?

For all I know, XUV does 0-100 in 12.34 seconds.

Source - Mahindra XUV500 review, test drive | Review | Autocar India

So, if now I were to evaluate performances based on my assumptions, I would say - Storme is a full 4 seconds slower than the XUV.

Secondly, my Punto did 0-100 in 16 seconds and I can assure you my XUV is way way faster than my Punto. So 16 seconds is definitely wrong info.

So instead, lets wait for the official test drive report from ACI and check out the 0-100 timings, which they measure with the help of VBOX. Also, if you collect info from the same source, it will be far more neutral and fair.

My opinion is that, though Storme would clock decent 0-100 timings, where it would fail is the drivability timings (as is the case with the Aria), as with every other TATA engine. Yes, TATA has used VGT in the Storme which should reduce turbo lag, but frankly I would be surprised if I see a big leap.

let these things apart , by going fast what you gonna achieve man ???? Storme is perfectly balanced vehicle, its weight to power ration is very good for an SUV,
So you are saying a tall SUV with LOF chassis handles better than a low sprung crossover with monocoque chassis?

let me tell you a story, one day XUV met STORME and said I CAN GO FASTER, STORME laughed at XUV loudly and said I CAN GO ANYWHERE ....
[:D]
Each car has it's strengths bro, XUV was not designed to be an off roader. 99% of the people buying Storme wont take it off road. Heck, nobody buys a 4x4 Safari these days, except those who always want to buy the top end! Even they will never take their 4x4s off road!

It is not my Assumption but it is my experience, The STORMES total built is perfectly engineered, Storme weighs 450 kgs more than XUV but still equally quicker to XUV, that mean stormes gear box is very good.
Can you explain how Storme is perfectly engineered when compared to XUV... Just because it is heavier?

In that case, our Ambassador would be a better engineered car than a Honda city or Renaut Duster.

Again, you are assuming its faster, show some credibility.

yes People buy scorpio because it is cheapest SUV(soft) in the world, i agreed....
If that is the case, SUMO should rock all sales records.

It is true man, many of my relatives bought scorpio since they made money in real estate, even though i had suggest them safari but they were not ready to pay 50 to 80k more for safari(since they are not born rich), and also if one relative buys scorpio then other relatives also buy same vehicle since they need to show others that their status is also equal.
so people(not you) who doesn't know the difference between these vehicles they are more tends to pick the price difference as deal beaker [clap
Can I give you a different perspective to this?

M&M, especially the Scorpio, has built a reputation for itself of being rugged and decently reliable. And it does not come with a huge price tag like the Innova. That is the mantra for it's success.

On the other hand, Safari has been titled as the white elephant, especially down south. It's maintenance and upkeep costs have been said to be high, reliability is a concern and TATA's A.S.S. has been said to be poor.

M&M has shown TATA that you know more about making cars but we know more about selling cars...

M&M, especially the Scorpio, has built a reputation for itself of being rugged and decently reliable. And it does not come with a huge price tag like the Innova. That is the mantra for it's success.

On the other hand, Safari has been titled as the white elephant, especially down south. It's maintenance and upkeep costs have been said to be high, reliability is a concern and TATA's A.S.S. has been said to be poor.
This is what i meant to say to MR.Ranger, but i went out of words(sorry my English is bad)
Thanks for the help Raj.

M&M has shown TATA that you know more about making cars but we know more about selling cars.
Strongly agree with this, I have been saying that Tata knows what to make to please people, but at the end it Goofs up with some or the other thing and finally take the beating.
Whereas Mahindra plays the ball CLEVERLY and tune their customers in a super-refined manner.

Okay in the poll Storme is a leader of 12% than its competitor XUV, that means we have many fans and enthusiasts in it.
How about adding Safari Dicor too?

Okay guys, I have TDed Storme for about 27 kms and checked it out nearly every way.
There are many fields where I must say that XUV is just clean bowled by Storme, but still my vote goes for XUV because a lot to be desired is still left.

@MrRanger:
You need to drive both the cars back to back and you will understand what is the difference between both. Storme is simply nowhere near XUV in terms of performance and has a lot of hesitation if you shift up quite soon, while the XUV has got that sense of urgency and that instant-response which makes it fun filled at many places.

Guys, give me some time and I'll soon present my complete TD report with comparos too.

See Mr.Ranger, it doesn't matter to me what these magazines say, those people themselves don't know what they are doing for 50% of time. They don't drive for driving, half of them just drive for testing the car without any feelings and all.

Maybe XUV does 0-100 in not 17 but in 170 seconds, but Safari is still slower than it. After 15-20 minutes itself I'll be leaving for the TD and my dear, I don't compare crappy things..I compare car with car, I love comparing gear ratios, I love comparing power delivery and sorry to say..AS ON PAPER, SAFARI STORME CAN'T STRETCH IT'S LEGS LIKE AN XUV CAN DO.
Mr Vipul before I give my logical and practical answers to you above and following comments, you please ask yourself that on what basis you posted this premature stuff to defend XUV and downgrade Storme.
I wonder what you have written, according you Storme is not a car its a bullock cart it cannot even go more than 20kmph, So it is better to stop discussing this.
My safari can attain very good steady speed with in 15 to 20 sec and can cruise upto 170kmph without any problem, but i dont prefer to drive SUV at high speed i usually maintain my speed under 100kmph,
SUVs are not built for SPEED

BTW, WHY DON'T YOU GET ME SOME REAL LOGICAL DATA AND NUMBERS ON WHICH WE CAN DISCUSS IT FURTHER?
What logical data you are expecting tough Im talking practical things, I was well aliened to SUV philosophy while posting. BTW can i know what SUV u own [clap],

And I am laughing thinking that what will a Storme say to a Gypsy? In fact how many people are going to throw their cars off the road daily?
here we are talking about Storme and XUV only, if that is the matter then other sedans will laugh at XUV, and at Gypsy there are many other SUVs will laugh so lets keep it between Xuv and Storme.
Its not necessary to go off road daily, now a days off roading is becoming a picnicking strategy or some fun events. it is not like u have to cross lake to reach your office daily [lol],

Storme weighs more than even a Fortuner, now please out of your weird logics don't tell me that it's built better than even a Fortuner
Dont worry im not weired like you to bring some off segment vehicle(gypsy) to discussion. I know what im talking.

Bottom end torque of XUV is more than Storme i agree, this is because Storme is heavy vehicle as compared to XUV, while cruising you can neglect this things since both engines are designed to deliver maximum 140 hp. [glasses]

Vipul,

Few specific things which I want to know( please pardon my impatience):

1. Which car handles better XUV5OO or Storme,meaning lesser body roll during cornering and sudden lane changes?

2. We all know that Storme is much heavy than XUV,but still which car accelerates better in gear,through gears and pre and post 2000 rpm?

3. Which has better bottom end grunt?

4. Which has better top end,and linear power delivery?

5. Which is better build?

@raj_5004 Who gave you this info? What's the source?

For all I know, XUV does 0-100 in 12.34 seconds.

Source - Mahindra XUV500 review, test drive | Review | Autocar India
I picked it up from similar kind of source, anyways im not interested in going fast[clap]

So you are saying a tall SUV with LOF chassis handles better than a low sprung crossover with monocoque chassis?
I never said this things, i was trying to tell Mr Vipul that STORME is not a bullock cart, Storme can also cruise decently.

Each car has it's strengths bro, XUV was not designed to be an off roader. 99% of the people buying Storme wont take it off road. Heck, nobody buys a 4x4 Safari these days, except those who always want to buy the top end! Even they will never take their 4x4s off road!
Im well aware of built purpose of XUV and Storme, My comments towards Vipul are just to let him know these facts not to bash XUV.
your understanding is wrong when it comes to 4x4, i agree for many people 4x4 means 16 not off roader, but like me many people by 4x4 to have fun not to spoil money.

Can you explain how Storme is perfectly engineered when compared to XUV... Just because it is heavier?

In that case, our Ambassador would be a better engineered car than a Honda city or Renaut Duster.

Again, you are assuming its faster, show some credibility.
It is not funny to bring Ambassador and through some comments, A perfect SUV is build on chassis, this ensures a rugged and more aggressive off roader, because of this i cannot say Storme is perfectly engineered but the fact is Tata has managed to make STOREM perfect in all aspects compared to Dicor. I felt it like some premium car while i was driving Storme, from inside Storme is ages ahead of current safari.

If that is the case, SUMO should rock all sales records.
Man do you want me to teach you what is SUV what is MUV/sedan etc ?????
SUMO is an MUV basically built for taxicabs when SUMO was launched it was an blockbuster, why are you comparing scorpio with SUMO [frustration]

M&M has shown TATA that you know more about making cars but we know more about selling cars...
Even if you put my words in different perspective the truth remains same, down south is not a country side man, only in karnataka VAT is more otherwise there is no difference in maintenance,
BTW M&M is poor in finding market segments they wait for TATA to create new market segment in india and then they work around on the product and keep its price less and sells, I agree with you,[lol]

Vipul,

1. Which car handles better XUV5OO or Storme,meaning lesser body roll during cornering and sudden lane changes?

2. We all know that Storme is much heavy than XUV,but still which car accelerates better in gear,through gears and pre and post 2000 rpm?

Vipul will say only XUV 500, you can count on this [clap]

Low revs xuv is responsive and has more features,other then that there is nothing great in xuv compared to storme . Ridequality storme is miles ahead then xuv and even a fortuner

Mr Vipul before I give my logical and practical answers to you above and following comments, you please ask yourself that on what basis you posted this premature stuff to defend XUV and downgrade Storme.
Okay buddy, you need not to get angry..
I have asked myself and I am ready to accept that my comments are premature ONLY IF YOU CAN FIND 2 MORE PEOPLE WHO WILL SAY THE SAME.
If I come on defending XUV and downgrade Storme, then my buddy you can expect me to bring some pure illogical facts and some other points which can't be denied.

I wonder what you have written, according you Storme is not a car its a bullock cart it cannot even go more than 20kmph, So it is better to stop discussing this.
Have I said that? I guess, you took my words a bit too emotionally!![lol]

My safari can attain very good steady speed with in 15 to 20 sec and can cruise upto 170kmph without any problem, but i dont prefer to drive SUV at high speed i usually maintain my speed under 100kmph,
SUVs are not built for SPEED
My buddy, I too know that SUVs are not built for speed, they are built to take any kind of beating but my buddy my point is not how quick Storme is, my point is that it's still slower than the competition. Rest on speed point, I myself have pushed Safari till 160-165 a couple of times and my buddy Mahindra XUV was pushed till 190 on the Yamuna expressway just a month back.
Rest no doubt, SUVs are not for such speeds, they are meant for relaxed cruising.

What logical data you are expecting tough Im talking practical things, I was well aliened to SUV philosophy while posting. BTW can i know what SUV u own
I don't own an SUV my dear, but do you know which cars I own or have ever owned? If no, then please refrain from posting such comments as I don't want to get started, especially when I am busy and is already out of time for carrying out arguments.

here we are talking about Storme and XUV only, if that is the matter then other sedans will laugh at XUV, and at Gypsy there are many other SUVs will laugh so lets keep it between Xuv and Storme.
Its not necessary to go off road daily, now a days off roading is becoming a picnicking strategy or some fun events. it is not like u have to cross lake to reach your office daily
+100..

Dont worry im not weired like you to bring some off segment vehicle(gypsy) to discussion. I know what im talking.
Okay my dear, I accept that I went overboard, but where? Now see, Fortuner is also not as heavy as Safari is, so as per your logic-Fortuner is also not as well built as Safari is because it weighs less!!

Bottom end torque of XUV is more than Storme i agree, this is because Storme is heavy vehicle as compared to XUV, while cruising you can neglect this things since both engines are designed to deliver maximum 140 hp.
Because Storme is heavy hence bottom end torque of XUV is less!![frustration] My buddy, torque delivered by any engine has nothing to do with the weight, it's all upon the RPM the engine is running on. I have said, take a Safari with only driver and an XUV with 7 people on board. Now the gross weight the XUVs engine has to pull is higher than that of 2.2 vtt Dicor but still the 2.2 MHawk outruns the Safari because it's torque delivery is more linear and it offers a better torque distribution throughout it's rev range.

Vipul,

What's there to pardon my buddy, you can ask anything I'll try my best to answer every question of yours. In fact I'll be posting a complete Storme Vs XUV Vs Aria review very soon either on this thread or in a new thread dedicated to these cars only.

See buddy, Storme is the king of straight line stability and high speed ride rest it's the XUVs steering which felt more responsive but Safari is the car which feels to be more planted at high speeds. Though i am yet to drive Storme at any speeds above 130 kph but will do it very soon.
In terms of sudden lane changes, at any speeds below 100 kph, it's the XUV which feels more confident and at the speed of 130 kph, it's the Storme which inspires more confidence to push further.

My buddy, weather it's flat out or in-gear acceleration, it's the XUV which rules. Before 2000 rpm it's the XUV but yes between 2000-3500 rpm it's the Storme but after that Storme seems to have the power trail off at about 37-3800 rpm while XUV feels powerful in the rev range between 1500-4000 rpm, yes after 4000 the XUV also feels to be loosing it's power.
Rest, the Storme is having a good first and second gear, especially the second gear felt longer than before and hence it helps a lot is tackling the turbo lag when you shift to third gear, despite of having a slightly longer third, you don't loose much revs and hence you can keep the engine into powerband for ease of driving.
XUV has a issue, after the second gear, the car has very tall gears and hence you loose some good revs while you shift up from second to third.

Bottom end favors XUV, mid range favors Storme(XUV is also nearly same) and Top end again favors XUV. But if the driver is good enough to keep the car in mid range itself then Storme can do very well, though it can't eclipse XUV but it won't be left behind too.

My buddy, it's the MHawk which scored better in both the fields. The wider torque spread helps a lot, the Storme with it's redline at about 4300 rpm and torque spread between 1500-3000 rpm feels to have a good power delivery but if you compare to XUV which has good torque spread from 1500-4000 rpm, you can find the difference quite easily.

Storme, no doubt.
Weather you talk of interior quality, build quality, fit and finish or overall comfort..IT'S THE STORME WHICH WINS EASILY.

Thanks dear for answering all my questions patiently.Now the difference between Storme and XUV is becoming more apparent,thanks to your inputs.BTW,if the trailer is so good then the whole movie whenever it comes will rock,I presume.Bring it up fast buddy,we are waiting.:biggrin:

Looks like it turned out be an argument so i dont want to go deep in to your post, let me highlight few point where misunderstanding is clotted, now let it bleed. If you dont own any SUV then no problem reason behind my question was to know your SUV passion, at this point you became emotional so sorry for my question [frustration]
Okay my dear, I accept that I went overboard, but where? Now see, Fortuner is also not as heavy as Safari is, so as per your logic-Fortuner is also not as well built as Safari is because it weighs less!!
Stop pulling my leg, i never said weight of the vehicle is directly proportional to its built quality, i don't know where you picked it, I took this weight issue to clear the fact that STORME is heavy and it pulls slowly upto some RPM compared to XUV ok fine. [embarass] don't bash me again thank you.

Because Storme is heavy hence bottom end torque of XUV is less!! My buddy, torque delivered by any engine has nothing to do with the weight, it's all upon the RPM the engine is running on. I have said, take a Safari with only driver and an XUV with 7 people on board. Now the gross weight the XUVs engine has to pull is higher than that of 2.2 vtt Dicor but still the 2.2 MHawk outruns the Safari because it's torque delivery is more linear and it offers a better torque distribution throughout it's rev range.
oh oh oh oh hold on bro, I was not talking about the torque delivered by engine but was trying to explain why we feel low bottom end torque in safari with initial RPM, if the initial RPM steady the output torque delivered my the vehicle is also steady, as weight of the car increases most of the torque spend for inertial pull of car, this is what i know, but here According to you mahindra cars torque increases linearly as number of passengers increase[lol]
looks like Mahindra engineers redefined PHYSICS.
Coming to your point 7 people in XUV and only driver STORME logic is looks so pathetic, Dicor engine is not that under powered as 1998 TDI Safari.
Next time if you want to pull this point please respond with video demonstration your scenario with STORME AND XUV head to head please dont bring toyota there.

I prefer to be numb for rest of your comments as it going to start argument.
To conclude our discussion(sunday is over), we take these things as our own feelings and experience, If i have money i go according to my desires and its same with you.
as i felt Storme is not that under powered as you projecting

Hello everyone!

This is my first post in the forum. I wanted to say that some people are defending XUV because they own one or own a car from the M&M stable and same with the Safari/TATA. But you need to understand that every car has a positive and negative side. And lot of people will make decisions based on what they read in the forum. Please dont say stuff if you have not seen the car or td it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom