Tata Safari Storme Vs Rest of the Competition

Tata safari storme Vs rest of the competition

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tata vehicles may not be bad but A.S.S can turn the experience to worsen.
Similar with what jaydev mentioned, that one needs to find a local garage capable of handling tata products.
so, do you mean to say M&M is superb, just remember buddy in ASS, M&M is also same like TATA and younger brother of TATA(source with my friends who own scorpio and XUV500

Let me try to make a matrix between Scorpio, Safari(2.2 vtt - as it's too early to give points to Storme on some aspects) and XUV(scores are out of 10), this can help us understand what makes the higher selling product higher selling:

).
Now , I will use the same matrix and suggest some altrerations in it.And for me it is not at all subjective , but it is an attempt to show ,how the best sellers are bought.

You said that it is too early to give marks to Storme on some points.I agree for eg.resale value, but on some points we can give marks even now.It will not be appropriate to exclude Xuv because enough time has passed since its launch so as to take its review for both average as well as non average buyer.I thank you for excluding fortuner as the price is almost double than remaining 3.
Now, let's talk of space and comfort , why you have given 7 marks to scorpio? Just imagine that you and your dad with boot full of luggage travelling to pune from Mumbai, and I happened to request you for a lift till pune , obviously , you will be driving and dads comfort is of utmost importance to you and me equally.So I will sit on the middle seat albeit experiencing the discomfort due to poor under thigh support.So I will expect you to give less than 4 marks if it is scorpio .If it is XUV then , again less than 4 becoz when boot is full of luggage , it doesn't allow the ' underthigh support improving' feature to utilize so options left are to throw away some bags or give less than four marks.For Safari and Storme no discussion is expected .

FE issue is discussed already. Thosebuyers who are to much budget conscious can mark it as per their wish and facts but for me 1 or 2 kms doesn't matter when it comes spending Rs 1 million approx .

Features - 9 marks given to XUV for features like mirror talk ,(DIY job for a highschool chap) lateral view head lamps (police type illumination lamps available in market at cheap rate can be used to illuminate underbody too) , gps a 5 k thing doesn't work like Sanjay worked for Dhritrastra in Mahabharta , believe me. My neighbour had to fit headrest mounted lcd screens as it is painful to keep the necks flexed toward middle all the time to view the cental console 2din screen.And it is an annoying feature every time you take a reverse or switch on the gps if at all one bothers about mid/rear family members.So these features are not that amazing to score high in the matrix.Rs 9 k were enough for my car to get roof mounted IcE .And I forgot to mention about the beautiful rear and mid row AC vents , yes they are beutiful but roof mounted vents are scientificaly placed in safari and storme to chill the cabin in time uniformly. Yes it is medically proven that AC effect (change in temperature) should be gradual as far as possible and that is why owners manuals tells us to keep the AC first on the external air and dash top vents mode rather than the vents facing the passengers.

Fit and finish wise Storme definitely score better than the safari, rest agreed.

Maintenance and resale - For storme and xuv it is too early to comment, on rest I am with you.

Driveability /confidence -agreed,4 Disc brakes must get due attention.

On Vfm,/price - please elaborate.For me 3 are equal except the scorpio for reasons mentioned above and in previous post. Scorpio can be vfm for taxi minded people but not for family or suv minded people.

ASS - I blame myself for bashing TATAS alone for discrimination on ' road test' thread of storme. If xuv scores 9 then Storme too deserves same as both are being pampered by respective manufacturers similarly.But I will wait and watch the nearest ASS of both brands.On Safari and scorpio I agree with you.

Usability- Scorpio should score higher than the xuv , leave aside safari and storme as
mentioned by me on boot space part bellow.

Boot space - Buddy , why you have given 6 marks to XUV , it doesn't deserve more than 2 when it comes to accommodating sixth passenger when the boot is full of luggage.In remaining 3 cars , they can atleast accommodate the sixth passenger albeit uncomfortably by some adjustments of luggage one above other.And when boot is empty ingress and egress is absolutely pathetic in XUV and it not possible without disturbing the patient left mid row passenger. So remaining three cars should score far better than the xuv as there is separate wide fifth door available for them.
Brand value -needs elaboration , my knowledge is not good on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is a sea of difference between Tata owned, Tata autherised and Private one. Later one would be fruitful though.
I have never owned any tata vehicle in my life so commenting on a.s.s will be illogical , but out of curiosity I want to ask have you given your car to service in a tata owned a.s.s ? Do you have one in your city ?
this has always been the case
Wow how come you are so knowledge orientated about tata a.s.s ? Have you ever visited jlr + tata a.s.s in worli ? And in your opinion m&m is what BMW in a.s,s ? I have never owned a m&m also so curious to know .

so, do you mean to say M&M is superb, just remember buddy in ASS, M&M is also same like TATA and younger brother of TATA(source with my friends who own scorpio and XUV500
You are right, Some time I feel superbad thinks MnM as Toyotas big brother in quality!!!! if MnM is that good and MnM customers not visiting private garage then How come I see MnM vehicles in garage every time I visit.

so your statement is 100% valid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never owned any tata vehicle in my life so commenting on a.s.s will be illogical , but out of curiosity I want to ask have you given your car to service in a tata owned a.s.s ? Do you have one in your city ?
Yes I had given my Punto to Concorde Injambakkam chennai.
The atmosphere was shabby but I am thankful to one of the tech in there.
I thought my punto may never see daylight again but it did after 25th day ..lol.
servicing and maintenance is god mercy and worst of it you can find in Tata autherized centre.

let me gather.
the mishap occured at vellore 200km west of chennai. i seeked help at Vellore Tata service centre , they behaved like go to hell we dont care about fiat and gave some mumbai number to contact.useless.period.
Then I dragged my fiat to vellore chevrolet service centre so that they can suggest me something. For my luck and their etiquettes they left no stones to unturn to find nearest possible service centre and hook me to the concerned person that Concorde chennai.
I was overwhelmed to see chevy fellows courtesy and equaly felt remorseful on Tata.
Of course chevy guys suggested me good tips for the road to take care.
So there goes why I have nothing but grudge on Tata horror services. I mean Tata motor service
(sent through nokia E7)

Last edited:
Yes I had given my Punto to Concorde Injambakkam chennai.
The atmosphere was shabby but I am thankful to one of the tech in there.
I thought my punto may never see daylight again but it did after 25th day ..lol.
servicing and maintenance is god mercy and worst of it you can find in Tata autherized centre.

let me gather.
the mishap occured at vellore 200km west of chennai. i seeked help at Vellore Tata service centre , they behaved like go to hell we dont care about fiat and gave some mumbai number to contact.useless.period.
Then I dragged my fiat to vellore chevrolet service centre so that they can suggest me something. For my luck and their etiquettes they left no stones to unturn to find nearest possible service centre and hook me to the concerned person that Concorde chennai.
I was overwhelmed to see chevy fellows courtesy and equaly felt remorseful on Tata.
Of course chevy guys suggested me good tips for the road to take care.
So there goes why I had nothing but grudge on Tata horror services.
(sent through nokia E7)
Thanx for the info , so finally did they * fiat * guys in Concorde did work on your car perfectly ?

Thanx for the info , so finally did they * fiat * guys in Concorde did work on your car perfectly ?
Cant say perfect.
It was perfected back at my hometown Thanks to some good guy at Fiat Kannur. They take care to see it personally making sure that a fiat owner doesnt feel regretful while taking back the keys. Unfortunately such voluntary action has no Tata part in it but for faith and good will
of the tech team in
Tata fiat KVR Kannur.

I am still awaiting two minor components from them since last 2 months,neither Tata nor fiat has a heart to send it yet from a far far away land called Pune.

Last edited:
Cant say perfect.
It was perfected back at my hometown Thanks to some good guy at Fiat Kannur. They take care to see it personally making sure that a fiat owner doesnt feel regretful while taking back the keys. Unfortunately such voluntary action has no Tata part in it but for faith and good will
of the tech team in
Tata fiat KVR Kannur.

I am still awaiting two minor components from them since last 2 months,neither Tata nor fiat has a heart to send it yet from a far far away land called Pune.

Part unavailabilty and fiat , its a long eternal relation .

Guys who give their cars to service in jlr- tata a.s.s in Mumbai swear by the prompt , and proffesional and executive treatment offered to them . I have personally seen that a.s.s and is well maintained and clean .

But here I agree with you as discussed on many threads there is a inconsistent quality regarding tata a.s.s across the country . Specially the small towns were people are taken for a royal ride by dealer a.s.s . And tata before anything has to take care of that first .

Part unavailabilty and fiat , its a long eternal relation .

Guys who give their cars to service in jlr- tata a.s.s in Mumbai swear by the prompt , and proffesional and executive treatment offered to them . I have personally seen that a.s.s and is well maintained and clean .
and this because you havent owned any tata vehicle.[roll]

and enough of implying/assuming words i have never said.
When one cannot reply to points put forward by me, cook up some strange theory and interpret it as my finding.

Now , I will use the same matrix and suggest some altrerations in it.And for me it is not at all subjective , but it is an attempt to show ,how the best sellers are bought.
Buddy your attempt is well appreciated and your suggestions are also well taken, at least you tried to correct some points. So let's discuss it now..

You said that it is too early to give marks to Storme on some points.I agree for eg.resale value, but on some points we can give marks even now.It will not be appropriate to exclude Xuv because enough time has passed since its launch so as to take its review for both average as well as non average buyer.I thank you for excluding fortuner as the price is almost double than remaining 3.
I haven't included Storme for three reasons:
  • Still no pan India launch.
  • Not even a single long term/mileage review or ownership experience.
  • We still can't comment on resale, maintenance, price(because the price we are enjoying is the initial one..let it launch pan India - we can expect minor hike in it like any other car), A.S.S.(it's too early to judge it now) and even FE(not even a single car with 10k+ on odo so we can expect some more hike in FE than 14-14.5 kpl - so we can wait for final and better figures before commenting).

Now, let's talk of space and comfort , why you have given 7 marks to scorpio? Just imagine that you and your dad with boot full of luggage travelling to pune from Mumbai, and I happened to request you for a lift till pune , obviously , you will be driving and dads comfort is of utmost importance to you and me equally.So I will sit on the middle seat albeit experiencing the discomfort due to poor under thigh support.So I will expect you to give less than 4 marks if it is scorpio .If it is XUV then , again less than 4 becoz when boot is full of luggage , it doesn't allow the ' underthigh support improving' feature to utilize so options left are to throw away some bags or give less than four marks.For Safari and Storme no discussion is expected .
See my dear, Scorpio may be short on space but you are going overboard now. Fold the third row and Scorpio has a massive boot like that of Safari and if the luggage is too much then my buddy it will make even Safari also uncomfy as Safari will also need a folded second row. Sorry but I beg to differ on this point of luggage and people stuffing together as at the end leave 'only' the front seats and both are nearly same. I have owned both and those also on the days we were active in politics I have seen them very well parked parallel and loaded parallel with people and stuff and from my own experience I can't agree on this one point any more. But yes, I will be happy if any other Scorpio + Safari(maybe in past) owner come up and tell me how he felt the difference and how much. I am not saying that there is no difference...definitely there is and enough too but not as much as you are saying.

Coming to under thigh support, I was 5'9" those days and I never felt under thigh support of Scorpy an issue, yes legroom was less and there was never a feeling of spaciousness of Safari but under thigh support was okay...though seats were never as comfy as of Safari but they were not that bad either.

FE issue is discussed already. Thosebuyers who are to much budget conscious can mark it as per their wish and facts but for me 1 or 2 kms doesn't matter when it comes spending Rs 1 million approx .
Hmm, that 1 or 2 changes to 3 or 4 with driving style my buddy and yes..
As per Iron Rock:
"His XUV has many times delivered 17+ and in fact upto 18 kpl". But Safari always stop at 14-15 kpl(so we should wait for the figures for Storme to come up). For the verys ame reason I have avoided Storme in FE point. I hope you understand it.

Features - 9 marks given to XUV for features like mirror talk ,(DIY job for a highschool chap) lateral view head lamps (police type illumination lamps available in market at cheap rate can be used to illuminate underbody too) , gps a 5 k thing doesn't work like Sanjay worked for Dhritrastra in Mahabharta , believe me. My neighbour had to fit headrest mounted lcd screens as it is painful to keep the necks flexed toward middle all the time to view the cental console 2din screen.And it is an annoying feature every time you take a reverse or switch on the gps if at all one bothers about mid/rear family members.So these features are not that amazing to score high in the matrix.Rs 9 k were enough for my car to get roof mounted IcE .And I forgot to mention about the beautiful rear and mid row AC vents , yes they are beutiful but roof mounted vents are scientificaly placed in safari and storme to chill the cabin in time uniformly. Yes it is medically proven that AC effect (change in temperature) should be gradual as far as possible and that is why owners manuals tells us to keep the AC first on the external air and dash top vents mode rather than the vents facing the passengers.
On this point I am speechless, Safari VX had seat mounted screens and Storme misses them, now what you have to say about them?
At this point you can give a hundred reasons but you can't deny the fact that XUV is feature loaded but Storme is short of them. Hence I guess we can't stretch the debate any further on this point so let's kill the debate here itself and move to some other worth discussing points.

Fit and finish wise Storme definitely score better than the safari, rest agreed.
I have already given Safari 7 which is equal to XUV and only 7 because none of three deserves higher than 7.

Maintenance and resale - For storme and xuv it is too early to comment, on rest I am with you.
There are XUVs in used car market now(there are many people who get bored of cars within months and sell them off to buy something bigger or they don't find the car suitable to them) and XUVs have good resale value too.

Driveability /confidence -agreed,4 Disc brakes must get due attention.
[:D]

On Vfm,/price - please elaborate.For me 3 are equal except the scorpio for reasons mentioned above and in previous post. Scorpio can be vfm for taxi minded people but not for family or suv minded people.
Buddy I have compared the comparable models and hence these scores. Scorpy vlx, Safari VX and XUV W8. I don't find any sense in comparing XUV W6 with Safari LX and Scorpy sle or LX.

ASS - I blame myself for bashing TATAS alone for discrimination on ' road test' thread of storme. If xuv scores 9 then Storme too deserves same as both are being pampered by respective manufacturers similarly.But I will wait and watch the nearest ASS of both brands.On Safari and scorpio I agree with you.
I will be more than happy in giving Storme even 10 but let some time pass so that we can get a clearer idea.

Usability- Scorpio should score higher than the xuv , leave aside safari and storme as
mentioned by me on boot space part bellow.
XUV has got all the scorpio has and that also in a better way and hence both score equal, why I gave 8..because XUV misses a boot.

Boot space - Buddy , why you have given 6 marks to XUV , it doesn't deserve more than 2 when it comes to accommodating sixth passenger when the boot is full of luggage.In remaining 3 cars , they can atleast accommodate the sixth passenger albeit uncomfortably by some adjustments of luggage one above other.And when boot is empty ingress and egress is absolutely pathetic in XUV and it not possible without disturbing the patient left mid row passenger. So remaining three cars should score far better than the xuv as there is separate wide fifth door available for them.
Brand value -needs elaboration , my knowledge is not good on this.
If luggage is more than none of the three is a 7 seater, Scorpio and XUV will need their third row to be folded and Safari won't have spaceto fit two people on those jump seats. Hence giving 2 to XUV will be unjustifiable, already XUV has got one point lower for the same else fold the third row and five people get more than enough boot space for a Ladakh trip.

Cant say perfect.
of the tech team in
Tata fiat KVR Kannur.

Buddy but for TATA each and every parts are avilable in prerana motors outlet, when my dad locked my dog in car without knowing that the dog is still in car we lost some electric switches on dash of TDIC safari, I was afraid that those switches are not available in market today but when I asked this parts in Prerana outlet I got it on spot.
I guess this problem is with Fiat and its Marketing, Good news is Fiat is starting its own network in india fully soon and this issues may solved for 2014.

@Tornado, I guess you wont recieve any good out come by discussing satatics with few people here, In return you will get more mindless points to discuss and you may damage you PC keyboard or Touch screen of your Tablet. Begin a TATA car owner you know better, so why you break your teeth!!!!!

Last edited:
and this because you havent owned any tata vehicle.[roll]

and enough of implying/assuming words i have never said.
When one cannot reply to points put forward by me, cook up some strange theory and interpret it as my finding.
Superbad,

I am sorry, but surprised, is there any relation between Mr.Raja's post you have quoted and your post, sorry if my understanding of English is bit poor[surprise][lol]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom