Tata Safari Storme Review & Pictures

Hi all,

I have a question to those guys who have driven Storme & Scorpios ( new & old ) to some extent, Please compare the suspensions, i.e. which one is more firmer.
Regards ......
You have to hand over the medal to Storme. Even in the NG Scorpio, the 3rd row / luggage can levitate on speedbrakers. There is back kick. The suspension setup is well stabilized in Storme, in comparison.

I was thinking of modifying a Safari Storme on the following lines.
Front bumper with winch like in the Rescue edition. Seems like a straightforward fit. The rear seems to a problem to fit a bumper with tyre like the SUV's in the pictures. However the bumber of the storme looks too big as seen in the circled area. Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem?

Attachments

Guys,

Sorry for delay was out and didn't get much time to click pics of my BEE.
Attached are some of the pics I was able to click this evening [:)].

Thanks,
KS

You have to hand over the medal to Storme. Even in the NG Scorpio, the 3rd row / luggage can levitate on speedbrakers. There is back kick. The suspension setup is well stabilized in Storme, in comparison.
+1. Can't agree more. CasualSurfer you are spot on!.

Thanks,
KS

still awaiting mate ??
Just posted few pics mate!

Attachments

Tata Safari Storme to get a more powerful engine.
The recently updated Safari Storme will come with a 2.2-litre motor making 154.8bhp; available in VX trim only.

Expected to launch in a few days, the Safari Storme will come with an even more powerful 2.2-litre engine which will now make 154.8bhp and 40.78kgm of torque. This engine will be mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and shift-on-the fly four-wheel drive.

According to our sources, the engine will be available only on the top-spec VX trim. The Safari Storme’s LX and EX trims will continue with the 148bhp 2.2-litre motor mated to a five-speed gearbox. The upgraded Safari Storme is likely to be priced around Rs 13.37 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/tata-safari-storme-to-get-a-more-powerful-engine-398692.aspx

Last edited:
Someone just now posted images of Safari Storme Varicor 400 on TeamBhp which is a VX 4x2 version with VIN# MAT617008FNK06616.

The VIN translate to October 2015 make vehicle means the production is already begun. However it would break many hearts if the 400NM engine is only available on VX trim. Lets hold on for launch.

Someone just now posted images of Safari Storme Varicor 400 on TeamBhp which is a VX 4x2 version with VIN# MAT617008FNK06616.

The VIN translate to October 2015 make vehicle means the production is already begun. However it would break many hearts if the 400NM engine is only available on VX trim. Lets hold on for launch.
Well I expected the launch to be more formal and a launch it as a new powerful beast. I guess no other SUV in the price bracket is as powerful as this one. Now if it had to be a new powerful beast why no change the interiors and bit of exteriors. Now if it had to be done now, why not make the headlights blackened. Add a special colour range. Throw in some DRLs. and create a unique offering. Later on slowly depricate the older less powerful engine and bring all these features in all the other variants.

But launching a more potent variant with same interiors, makes no sense to me. there has to be freshness. You are pepping up the engine. Probably added the much needed 6th gear Then why on earth not do pepping up of interiors and exteriors?[frustration]

Tata Safari 400 spotted, coming with a six-speed manual.

The Safari 400 will get the same interiors like the existing Safari Storme and there will even be a new more premium version and in the near future there shall also be an automatic version on the Safari 400. The six-speed ZF transmission has been tuned and tested for this Safari engine with this horsepower and this is where it shall be utilised too.
IMG_7478.jpg
IMG_7484.jpg

http://motoroctane.com/news/21485-tata-safari-400-spotted-coming-with-a-six-speed-manual

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have a question to those guys who have driven Storme & Scorpios ( new & old ) to some extent, Please compare the suspensions, i.e. which one is more firmer.

Thanks in advance,

Regards ......
It seems you have not read the initial posts by fellow TAI ger Iron Rock (OP of this thread) who also owns a XUV & Pajero sports.

AFA my TD over numerous speed breakers is concerned , the storme glided over them like cigarette buds are crushed under the shoes.

Last edited:
Hai all

one more problem i faced with my strome yesterday evening .in evening it was around 7 pm i started the engine and try to reverse the strome in a neutral position because it was parked on slope so i just avoid to engage it in a reverse gear .but suddenly i realized that brakes are not working my brake pedal works as clutch pedal works .i tried again after engaging the hand brake but of no use .the brakes didn't work at all . somehow i was able to reverse the strome with the help of hand brake .and i again press the pedal to check it again .to my surprise i start working again as it usually works .after this i driven it for around 20 km with a very very low speed and it works fine .

on this i just want inputs that what happend at that time when i was reversing the vehicle ..was this happens because vehicle was on slope ??? or something wrong with the brake system .

2 things.

1. Maybe you pressed the accelerator pedal by mistake. (which seems unlikely)
2. Check all your brake lines for leakage. This free pedal is due to lack of pressure in the system. Also check fluid level. As the clutch and brake reservoir is the same now.

HAI Navnit

at that time i also thins the same way that i was pressing the clutch pedal .not the brake pedal but when i checked thoroughly than unfortunately i was brake pedal only not the clutch pedal .

yes you are right may be it happened because of low pressure in system .but it is infact a very scary as you can understand A 3 ton truck tumbling back without a brake .

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gagan:
Get the brake line thoroughly checked for the presence of air bubbles. In fact it will be more advisable to go for preventive maintenance way here; brakes need to have a high factor of safety and hence my advise will be to get the brake line bleeding done and then get it re-filled cautiously.
Though this is not a low time consuming process but once done, you will be having exact idea of what the issue was and what is done.

People at times face such situations when the brake pedal requires multiple pumping to make it work again and this happens out of blues; mostly after the vehicle returns from a brake servicing. The issue? Well, presence of air in the brake lines.

Top Bottom