Tata Safari Storme Facelift 2015 Launched

Thread Starter #1
Tata Safari Storme Refresh coming soon.
Tata-Safari-Storme-Refresh.png

Storme was spotted testing the refreshed Safari Storme SUV on Pune roads. The Safari Storme Refresh involves a mild tweak to the front end of the SUV, which gets a honeycomb front grille and a reprofiled bumper. The changes are likely to be more extensive on the inside, with the dashboard modeled on the likes of the Aria, replete with the Harman Kardon infotainment unit.
The Safari Storme SUV Refresh is also likely to add front facing seats for the third row, boosting passenger comfort by a big measure.
Both rear wheel drive and four wheel drive options will be offered with the SUV. It remains to be seen if Tata Motors give the 2.2 liter turbo diesel engine a higher output of 148 Bhp, which was first seen on the Aria Refresh. However, the torque figure of 320 Nm will remain constant irrespective of whether the 2.2 liter turbo diesel motor outputs 140 Bhp or 148 Bhp.
CarToq spies the Tata Safari Storme Refresh SUV in India | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

Re: Tata Safari Storme Refresh Coming Soon

What I would want from Storme referesh is :

1. Front facing 3rd row seats
2. 150 BHP Engine ( same as in Aria 2014) (All Variants)
3. revamped Center console with Harman Kardon ICE (On lines with Zest)
4. Driver info in dials (like Zest) All Variants
5. Over head AC in all variants.

As many of us told 3rd row front facing seats would be a gamble. We all know its difficult to get in and get out from it and in my opinion we tend to have things whether we require / use it or not. So guyz ponder how many times did you guys fill up your truck with 7 people and felt the need for the third row seats ? I feel only in people movers 6th & 7th passenger seats are considered emphatic.

Thanks

NDTV site has a update stating Storme refresh will be available this festive season and one of the major changes are internal dashboard and the 3rd row seating. It also ended stating that captain seats in 3rd row - not sure if that is possible or a missprint.

Lots of comments below stated - no point in Tata making the changes as the basic stuff like noises, rattles, niggles start after initial honeymoon period.

What happened to their plans of a slush box on the Storme?This cosmetic facelift ain't gonna help the sales figures.

Somehow the Storme though all new does not give the visual feel of being that far advanced from the Safari
Not sure if the cosmetic changes will change its fortunes too much-seems the Safari and Storme have a loyal band of followers who will buy despite anything
First time SUV buyers though seem inclined to the XUV-though i am a Tata fan i must admit the XUV does evoke a gut feeling that the Storme doesn't.

Somehow the Storme though all new does not give the visual feel of being that far advanced from the Safari
Not sure if the cosmetic changes will change its fortunes too much-seems the Safari and Storme have a loyal band of followers who will buy despite anything
First time SUV buyers though seem inclined to the XUV-though i am a Tata fan i must admit the XUV does evoke a gut feeling that the Storme doesn't.
Yes, I agree with you fully. Tata motors engineers wantedly and very plannedly retained the outer shell looks to maintain the legacy of Tata Safari which has a uncompromised legacy of over a decade. This I listened it from Mr.Pratap Bose, Head of Design center. But the ride and handling and made far superior to that of Mahindra's XUV500. Now with the change of interiors like improved dashboard, new Harman touch infotainment with high quality speakers, and front facing third row seats, it should bag in some decent numbers.

Any info on when the refresh is expected to come and more importantly any confirmation if the 3rd row will be front facing?

I read in few other posts that the cabin length will not make 3rd row front facing a possibility.

Yes, I agree with you fully. Tata motors engineers wantedly and very plannedly retained the outer shell looks to maintain the legacy of Tata Safari which has a uncompromised legacy of over a decade. This I listened it from Mr.Pratap Bose, Head of Design center. But the ride and handling and made far superior to that of Mahindra's XUV500. Now with the change of interiors like improved dashboard, new Harman touch infotainment with high quality speakers, and front facing third row seats, it should bag in some decent numbers.
If you see that when Storme was launched, it had garnered 6000 bookings. This shows the interest people had. However with the dearth of gizmos and features (Plane Jane interiors, though classy) people started opting for XUV which is gizmo laden. I think with this referesh Storme would get much respectable number. Personally, I feel the storme as classic Tall Boy stance and that is what is selling even now.

Perhaps they should start at a more mouth watering price-i feel that if they really do that-like the XUVs initial price, they will get the sales boost they need and then word of mouth on its quality will spread
Right now its only word of mouth among a few?

Re: Tata Safari Storme Road Test Drive Review

Tata Motors, the home-grown automajor, is planning to bring in the facelifted model of its flagship SUV - the Safari Storme - during the upcoming festive season. If reports are to be believed, the company has already started testing the updated model of the SUV in India. Launched in 2012, the Safari Storme has not been able to attract many buyers, so, this is the company's attempt to revive its lost ground in the mid-sized SUV segment.

The updated model will get a new front fascia, thanks to the new grille and revised bumper. Whereas, the rear and side profiles of the car are expected to remain unchanged. Moving on to the SUV's cabin, it might receive a few changes like better upholstery, revised dashboard, a new music system etc., though the biggest change will be in the form of third-row seating arrangement. Furthermore, the company might replace the existing front-side facing third row seat with the captain seats.

Since it will be a mid-life makeover of the car, there will be no mechanical changes. However, the company might tune the engine for more power. The updated Aria, which has the same engine as the Storme- 2.2-litre VariCor diesel, also received the tuned version of the powertrain. So, from the existing 140bhp, the new Safari Storme might deliver 150bhp along with 320Nm of peak torque.
Tata Safari Storme Facelift Coming This Festive Season? - News

Last edited by a moderator:

Now that Mahindra is all set to launch their next generation Scorpio on 25th of this month, all eyes are on Tata Motors on when they would launch the Storme facelift(with added goodies). I have a gut feel that Storme facelift may have more than what meets the eye. Lets see!

I sincerely hope they are listening to you this time xover ! They had a huge opportunity when they launched storme but they screwed it up royally by offering no gizmos.
I hope the refresh irons outs the "chinks in the armour" of present gen Safari storme.

Top Bottom