Tata Safari Storme EX: Ownership Review

I can totally understand and sympathise with your pain. Please do not lose sleep over it. It can be patched up. Other nearby parts of the chassis are clean with no rust,so maybe moist air pocket / wet area was left over while underbody coating was done.That air pocket caused repeated or continuous collection of water,resulting in rusting.
But any good metallurgy worker can repair it in a very good way,with no issues in future. Afterwards the welded area can be painted and all. Since rest of the chassis is alright,you need not worry about future cracks building up on stress areas (provided you do not overload the car or use it very-very roughly).
+100. Repair and move on. Seen much worse cases. We can't ditch our car because of the arrogance/helplessness of the dealer.

Thread Starter #62
I can totally understand and sympathise with your pain. Please do not lose sleep over it. It can be patched up. Other nearby parts of the chassis are clean with no rust,so maybe moist air pocket / wet area was left over while underbody coating was done.That air pocket caused repeated or continuous collection of water,resulting in rusting.
But any good metallurgy worker can repair it in a very good way,with no issues in future. Afterwards the welded area can be painted and all. Since rest of the chassis is alright,you need not worry about future cracks building up on stress areas (provided you do not overload the car or use it very-very roughly).
Yes the moment i saw rust i was blank for a day and next day decided to repair myself. I know tata and its service and enough things is said about it.
The area is welded with 4mm thick Ms plate with arc welding. another area behind this was found but was in more better shape. However reinforced that area too.

+100. Repair and move on. Seen much worse cases. We can't ditch our car because of the arrogance/helplessness of the dealer.
Hi deville _ long time !
yes i have decided to repair and infact now the repair job is over. We have seen more worse cases and this is an issue which should not occur in a vehicle less than 4 years that too still in extended warranty.

After the metal is welded , it is primered and also other area were slight surface rust was seen.
Then 3M underbody coat was purchased and sprayed 3 cans of it.

Now the outer part is cleaned and treated. Interior of the chassis box is yet to be attended. Have ordered some rust converters. Will do that too immediately .

Attachments

That's a quite heavy reinforcement for that small hole! Overkill maybe? Actually putting welding arc on the original chassis by untrained hands,is a no no I think,unless large chunks are rusted. Yours is 99% rust free.
You could have just filled the hole and moved on. Even " just let it be with primer coating on the edges,and I will watch out for future rust signs if they appear" would have been enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom