Tata Safari LX TCIC 2,30,000 kms Review!

Oh if its going to be from a known person the no issues , go ahead with the purchase if you feel everything is alright with the car.

Mods are so friendly here , you can always start up a new thread.[:)]

Posting in this thread as thought is relevant.
I own a 2004 TCIC EX 4x4 with 97.5k on the odo.
While all else is working fine, the 4x4 system is not working. The suspect is with the shift motor.
I have started trouble shooting on my own with the basics.
Anyone has a Soft copy of the TCIC owner's manual here. Wanted to see if the wiring diagram is available in it to help in tracing the wiring.
I tried searching on the internet but was not able to get one.

Posting in this thread as thought is relevant.
I own a 2004 TCIC EX 4x4 with 97.5k on the odo.
While all else is working fine, the 4x4 system is not working. The suspect is with the shift motor.
I have started trouble shooting on my own with the basics.
Anyone has a Soft copy of the TCIC owner's manual here. Wanted to see if the wiring diagram is available in it to help in tracing the wiring.
I tried searching on the internet but was not able to get one.
I do not have the wiring dia , but the common problem with the motor is just clean and refix . 50% of the time it works.
It is almost similar to wiper motor - engaging and disengage the transfer case.
Prior to that check if you get power supply to the socket [roll]. I hope it will. In that case its just the motor side that need to be sorted out

ilango[speed thirst];543707 said:
I do not have the wiring dia , but the common problem with the motor is just clean and refix . 50% of the time it works.
It is almost similar to wiper motor - engaging and disengage the transfer case.
Prior to that check if you get power supply to the socket [roll]. I hope it will. In that case its just the motor side that need to be sorted out
Thanks Ilango.

I can see the selector switch is not receiving current. There seems to be some grounding happening somewhere.
First issue is there itself. That's the reason I want the wiring diagram to check exactly which relay is there for for driving the Shift motor. I could see one relay named "Servo Motor" but the the wires connected to the socket of this relay and the wires at the switch end are different colours.
Tracing the wiring on ground is a task as it will require opening complete Panels and probably the front seat as well.

Thanks Ilango.

I can see the selector switch is not receiving current. There seems to be some grounding happening somewhere.
First issue is there itself. That's the reason I want the wiring diagram to check exactly which relay is there for for driving the Shift motor. I could see one relay named "Servo Motor" but the the wires connected to the socket of this relay and the wires at the switch end are different colours.
Tracing the wiring on ground is a task as it will require opening complete Panels and probably the front seat as well.
Just a wild guess.

Why dont you start the vehicle and give the 12 V to transfer motor directly via the battery. If its engaging and dis engaging then the problem is on wire. Else its on the motor.

Top Bottom