TATA Safari EX (Pearl White) - Now Delivered (Pg.6)

Thread Starter #31
Re: TATA Safari EX (Pearl White) - Coming Home Soon!

Shynish glad to have you back. Its been so long that you were in hibernation, suddenly resumed.[:)]

Would like to see your participation, meanwhile lots of new members have joined too.

Last but not the least Congrats on your Safari, the last review of yours which i had read was of Figo of your sister.

How is it serving?
Hey, long time buddy. Thanks for the wishes. I made the decision with heart and soul. Didn't applied the logics that much [;)] I am trying to be active as far as possible. Lets see how is it going.

Read quick update on my Figo here

Thread Starter #32

Spoke to the showroom yesterday evening. My Safari will be dispatched today morning from Pune plant, loading is done yesterday. It takes 7 days on the road for transportation. So ideally by next week, it will reach the showroom. Another thing what the showroom guys told is, once the trailer leaves the yard from Pune, GPS system will track the trailer till it reaches the destination.

Pune to Bangalore in 7 days!!
Buddy the trailer is being driven or is being pushed?
It must not take any more than maximum 3-4 days to reach Bangalore from Pune.

Yes it actually takes 3 days. But they keep rest of the days in hand.
BTW, when I was to receive my car, the dealer used to load the car every 3rd day. He was fed up of me. And I was fed up by jumping on there heads. Most of the time, they have bunch of lies ready. I hope you get your car in time.

350Z

Core Team

Spoke to the showroom yesterday evening. My Safari will be dispatched today morning from Pune plant, loading is done yesterday. It takes 7 days on the road for transportation.
And our friend Iron Rock covered it in just around 14 Hours. :smile: (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...fiesta-powershift-mumbai-bangalore-drive.html)

I will be going for a nudge bar
An honest advice – Avoid it. You will find more information about it here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../1741-front-bull-bars-crash-guard-yes-no.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #36

Yes, I decided against the Nudge guard! Thanks Vibhor.

Pune to Bangalore - 7 days sounds hopeless for me too. But thats what they say. And I presume they will be driving only in night. Another factor is once they enter the Kerala border, the speed will drastically reduce due to narrow roads, turns, hilly terrains, traffic etc..

Yes, I decided against the Nudge guard! Thanks Vibhor.

Pune to Bangalore - 7 days sounds hopeless for me too. But thats what they say. And I presume they will be driving only in night. Another factor is once they enter the Kerala border, the speed will drastically reduce due to narrow roads, turns, hilly terrains, traffic etc..
Waiting so much for your detailed ownership review and pics of the mighty truck . Btw if you don't mind what was the final otr price for the safari ex ?

Spoke to the showroom yesterday evening. My Safari will be dispatched today morning from Pune plant, loading is done yesterday. It takes 7 days on the road for transportation. So ideally by next week, it will reach the showroom. Another thing what the showroom guys told is, once the trailer leaves the yard from Pune, GPS system will track the trailer till it reaches the destination.
i got mine in 2-3 hours..

Thread Starter #39

Well guys, I am sure no one will be surprised to hear this. I started experiencing the "TATA Experience".

Initially it was told to me that I will be getting the UV in 7 days. The executive promised the same and some how convinced me to give 1 Lakh as booking amount instead of the TATA defined 10K. Of course he offered some freebies. Well, after the booking payment was done on 29th Jun, he called me in the late evening that the order is placed to TATA and unfortunately, my color is not there in the immediate stock. Hence, it will come from Pune and will take 8 days for on-road transit. We finally agreed for the delivery on this 20th July.

Yesterday I called the executive 6 times and he even didn't bother to respond to my calls. Today morning I again tried calling him, all to receive an SMS that he is busy right now. Can you believe that ??!!! Around 1Hr later, I got a call from the dealership, which was from a different person. According to him, TATA has dispatched the different variants / color to the showroom and my Perl White EX is not there in the lot. Hence it is going to take another 10 to 15 days more! Of course I do blast him , but seems like he is just a messenger and really don't bother about what is happening in the world. I then, spoke to Mr, Rauf, Product Manager - UV, Marina Motors (Calicut - Kerala). He promised that he will get me the update shortly and will call me back. From morning 11.15 AM to evening 4.30 PM I waited for his call. Finally, I called him again. All he could tell is that my Safari will be dispatched from Pune TATA yard in 2 days time! He happily gave TATA Motors Territary Manager, Mr. Rakesh's number as well. (So he knows that nothing really gonna change even if I call him).

I finally lodged a complaint in TATA Customer care and they promised me that a resolution will be provided in 48 Hrs. I really don't have any hope though. There is no wonder why TATA is not leading the market! and they are proving it again and again through such hopeless sales and marketing dealerships. Still I love Safari [cry]

Does any one knows TATA motors south regional managers Email ID or Phone number? I know that he is stationed in Banaglore.

Welcome to the family, Shynish [:)]
Somehow, TATA dealers have this trait in common. Delaying the delivery by one or the other reason. I wont be surprised that after few days, you'll get a call from the dealer that pearl white is not available, but some other colour is available. And 99.9% fact will be that the available color vehicle is lying for months at their stockyard. Be very careful.
And never hesitate to complain to TATA motors. They act fast. I faced the same problem. Dealer was trying to sell me an year old car. Unfortunately, they didnt know, I have idea about VIN, and it seriously backfired on them. I failed to pick the piece of letter where the dealer had given me a year old VIN mentioning its one month old vehicle, else I would have dragged them in consumer court. I immediately picked up the matter with TATA, and stopped talking to the dealers. Believe me, the vehicle which was due since last 45 days, got loaded within 2 days, and I got delivery within 7 days. And after driving my car, I forgave all of them. [:)]

But having said all this, Be proud for chosing a sturdy TATA product. You'll be happy once you receive your car, and will forget this episode. Thats why, TATA still exists. TATA employees and TATA dealers can try there level best, they can't bring TATA down.

Last edited:

if you can make a scene and tell you are cancelling your booking.

if he tries to persuade you get some more discount else look for alternatives

Last edited by a moderator:

Buddy the car had came and yes,it is even delivered too.

You don't believe me?Then try to find it out.I can bet,the car has came and is delivered too.Only issue is that the person who took the delivery is not you but either he is some source holder or someone who paid them 20-30k extra to get the car.

Now you don't do anything and wait for your car to come,go to the dealership tomorrow and just talk to the SE that how he dare not to receive your phone call?

Dunno why,but I am really feeling angry.If you are comfortable then don't wait to give him some very tight scolding and in fact pick up this call-not-receiving issue with the higher officials of the dealership,that also in very hard words.

These guys are not honest towards their job,they don't deserve to be salesmen. I'd recommend you to eat up his job.This will set an example and you will be getting attention everytime you visit them.

I also faced one such issue,but it was with Vodafone.I at the end ate up the job of the sales guy who sold me sim and started not receiving my phone calls as my post paid sim wasn't activated.

I know about this on-the-spot delivery because my Scorpio and Safari both were bought this way only.Morning we decided we want a car and in the afternoon we had the car.Scorpio,Safari and XUV are the hottest rides amongst all the VIPs,ministers and contractors and hence the AAM-AADMI buyers suffer these problems until they turn strict.

Last edited by a moderator:

if you can make a scene and tell you are cancelling your booking.

if he tries to persuade you get some more discount else look for alternatives
+100 great idea by Superbad . this what you must do first like vipul said go and get hold of that sales guy if possible slap him [anger]. Is this the only dealer you have around ? I never owned a tata product but my freinds do have and as per them any direct compliant if you make to tata motors they act very fast and are cooperative . See who is area manager of tata motors and get in touch with him and explain him that inspite of the 10,000 rs booking the dealer forced you to pay 1 lakh .

These dealers have crores of due with the manufacturers. And then manufacturers refuse to send cars to them. I came to know about this during my case. The dealer was forcing me to pay full money in advance. I was very clear. Be happy with those 10k rupees. Give me a VIN. And show me that vehicle. I will pay you the money. Then they never talked about money.
They have huge dues with the manufacturers. This is one of the reasons, why your vehicle hasn't yet been loaded at the factory. Also, what tsivipul said, happens most of the time. The vehicle goes to more influential people. Here you have to do what vipul and superbad said. Also, write to TATA. They act very fast. I can vouch for that.

congrats shynish on your decision ( insane or not ) to buy a safari. its a car in my heart too, but the cost factor is beyond my bugget now so i made a similar may be insaane decision to buy a bolero 4x4 and booked it few days back.

Top Bottom