TATA Safari EX (Pearl White) - Now Delivered (Pg.6)

Thread Starter #1
Yeh.. I know what you all are thinking, trust me, I am not insane [;)]

Most of you guys are probably aware that I initially considered Punto and i20 and I have even started a thread on this long back! But finally when buying a new car become inevitable last month, we started considering the new Verna, Scorpio, Innova, Xylo and last but not the least Safari. And, considering diffrent aspects, my wifes views space requirement, and my passion for SUVs, we decided on Safari. Trust me entire world was against our decision. All suggested Innova as the most efficient, easy to maintain and use MUV. Some suggested Xylo for its new looks. Safari was like an hated animal! But eventually, we decided on Safari despite knowing the poor TATA service and relatively high maintenance cost. The reason was purely based on the ride comfort, space, stability, rigid structure, durability (yes, I mean it) and of course addictive looks [:)] I know you all will have different views on each of the options I made above. But for me Safari scores better over all and it has won the heart too. May be logical thinking will say otherwise!

I spoke to 3 Safari users and 4 workshops and compared it with Scorpio; as in the last round Scorpio was racing head to head. The maintenance cost of Safari will come to Rs. 1/- per KM which makes Rs. 10000 /- approximately for 10K kms. We were kind of okay with this figure, considering our usage pattern.Hence, we booked it on last FRI. Its expected to be home in another 15 days. I will keep you guys posted.

Now guys, I need you r help in getting a nice parking aid with LCD display on the RVM. Could you please suggest couple of options?

Re: TATA Safari Ex (Pearl White) - Coming home soon!

Congratulations for the new Safari

You did something which some amoung us (including me) wanted to but could not because of lack of confidence.

decided on Safari. The reason was purely based on the ride comfort, space, stability, rigid structure, durability (yes, I mean it) and of course addictive looks
Not much doubt about other factors. But durability ?!!!
Any way "you mean it" so thats an eye opener for me.

I need you r help in getting a nice parking aid with LCD display on the RVM. Could you please suggest couple of options?
I have installed a reverse camera which is nice and highly effective. Its CONVEX. You can see details and pictures here. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...manza-ownership-experience-12.html#post148518

Congratulation's on booking your beast, I know Safari has become the hate child for the entire world now a day's do not even bother to listen to them, I guess you are in love and you did what your heart said, you surely wont be disappointed.

Congrats for booking Safari.

Even I'm also a Safari fan, None of the SCV can beat its muscle look of Safari especially in Black & White color.

Last edited:

Congratulations for the Safari buddy. It's an amazing SUV with great muscular looks and a very comfortable vehicle as well. How much was the OTR?

Congrats on your safari.

i got mine black lx yesterday
Congratulations to you as well. Do share your ownership review with some nice pictures of the beast.

Thread Starter #7

Thanks guys!

Congratulations for the Safari buddy. It's an amazing SUV with great muscular looks and a very comfortable vehicle as well. How much was the OTR?.
Safari Ex (Perl White) is 11.20 Lakhs OTR at Calicut, Kerala. Though I am in Bangalore, I am taking it from my native as it will give me a good savings on the road (Bangalore the same model will cost slightly above 13 lakhs!)

On the OTR, I got a 70K cash offer, front full nudge bar and approximately 10 K reduction is offered on accessories. On the top of this, I am supposed to get cash reduction of 15K being a TATA employee. Paper work for the same is still on. So all together its a good deal for me, I presume.

I got mine black lx yesterday
Trust me friend, you gonna love it. Only one tip, do not hesitate to fix even a minutest rattle you may hear. Thats gonna save a lot on maintenance. End ensure that you don't compromise on service. I have a friend clocked 65+ KM in his LX in last 3.5 years and he is very happy with Safari's performance.

Congratulation's on booking your beast, I know Safari has become the hate child for the entire world now a day's do not even bother to listen to them, I guess you are in love and you did what your heart said, you surely wont be disappointed.
Thanks buddy. Yes, I listened to my heart! But to make sure that my heart is not completely lost, I did some homework too [;)]

Congratulations for the new Safari

You did something which some amoung us (including me) wanted to but could not because of lack of confidence.

Not much doubt about other factors. But durability ?!!!
Any way "you mean it" so thats an eye opener for me.

I have installed a reverse camera which is nice and highly effective. Its CONVEX. You can see details and pictures here. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...manza-ownership-experience-12.html#post148518
Thanks for the link man. I will check it out. Booking Safari was a bold decision, especially when entire world tells you not to go for it. But I am sure, it is a not that bad SUV as people are saying. Most of the stories told on Safari is by people who has never ever used it. Some of the guys, with experience, tells the story because they treated Safari like a car and expected the maintenance and usability of a car. That's what my home work told me.

No vehicle manufactures are perfect and TATA has got a bad reputation for sure. But end of the day, Safari is still alive in the market even after 15 years for some reason. That 'reason' is so important to understand from a neutral stand point. TATA has improved on their quality lately and it has turned out to be really good. In fact TATA Indica structure is much better and stronger than Swift for that matter. When we say Swift has 5 star rating internationally, don't think that they are using the same quality standards in Indian production. Where are TATA has 90% Indian market only I presume. The crash worthiness of TATA cars are much higher than most of the rivals. I am not sure whether I missed, but I have not seen crash test results and video of Scorpio for that matter. Cost effectiveness, durability and maintainability is prime factor for Taxi industry as you know. I see these 3 factors as the reason for TATA being successful as Taxi cabs. The same goes with Innova and see how many Innova's are coming out as taxis. TATA's body structure, gauge of the steel they use and painting are industry top as per standards. May be their plastic quality is not as good as Toyota, but its not pathetic either (consider the recent models). And end of the day, it all points to how you gonna maintain it!

With their inventories at all time high, i would have hoped that you could have extracted more discounts from them.

If you are happy with your decision you wont regret for sure.

Congratulations on your Safari. I admire your enthusiasm. I am sanguine that the Safari would give you years of troublefree service. Please share further updates when you get the vehicle.

All the best (you'll need it!).

Re: TATA Safari EX (Pearl White) - Coming Home Soon!

What should i say!!. Congratulations buddy!!.
I did not pickup Safari for only one reason. I don't want people coming and saying "you should have waited for strome and not pick up older version". Anyway. U picked the Beast!! Happy driving.

did it come home ?

With their inventories at all time high, i would have hoped that you could have extracted more discounts from them.

If you are happy with your decision you wont regret for sure.
just wanted to know how you know that their inventories are at all time high do you know something official about it or is just a guess work ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #13

Congratulations buddy and welcome to safari club [;)]
Thanks man!

All the best (you'll need it!).
I got it [;)]

did it come home ?
Nope..by this 20th I presume.

What should i say!!. Congratulations buddy!!.
I did not pickup Safari for only one reason. I don't want people coming and saying "you should have waited for strome and not pick up older version". Anyway. U picked the Beast!! Happy driving.
Yeh I know..but still its worth it [glasses]

350Z

Core Team

I spoke to 3 Safari users and 4 workshops and compared it with Scorpio; as in the last round Scorpio was racing head to head. The maintenance cost of Safari will come to Rs. 1/- per KM which makes Rs. 10000 /- approximately for 10K kms. We were kind of okay with this figure, considering our usage pattern.Hence, we booked it on last FRI. Its expected to be home in another 15 days. I will keep you guys posted.
Howdy Shynish? Welcome back to the forum. Heartiest Congratulations for booking the Safari. Hope you are updated that a newer model is also around the corner? Anyways I would love to read about the decision making process as well as the booking experience in detail meanwhile the car is delivered. It becomes more necessary since simple or one-liner threads are not permitted in the ownership reviews section anymore (Link). Do keep us updated. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

did it come home ?

just wanted to know how you know that their inventories are at all time high do you know something official about it or is just a guess work ?
buddy , there is no guess work. Just search around the web. There are reports of vw india and tata having their inventories at the dealers high. They had even shut production for some time to clear their backlog.
This though is not just tatas problem but problem faced by the auto industry as a whole.

Small cars are not generating enough volume because they are petrol powered, the segment higher is not generating enough sales because the interest rates are higher.

I guess i have gone a bit OT here. Apologies.

Top Bottom