TATA Safari EX (Pearl White) - Now Delivered (Pg.6)

Re: TATA Safari EX (Pearl White) - Coming Home Soon!

Regarding Storme, it will come by end of this year only. Based on the latest updates from Pune (internal), they are planning to launch it for either X'Mas r New Year.
Somebody said September 2012 is de-date ..what is this ?

Thread Starter #62

Okay, finally here comes the happy news.

I got a call from Shinto, MArina Motors Calicut on 27-July-2012 that my Safari will reach the showroom on Monday. He requested me to come down on 30th to proceed with further formalities. However, I told him to confirm the availability of vehicle in showroom on 30th so that I can make the travel to Kerala only if its "really" there! He agreed and as expected he called me on 30the evening that the car has reached Palakkad (adjacent dsitrict) and I can come down. So we finally reached Calicut yesterday 1st July.

There was a thick air between the showroom guys and me as we had several fights over the phone, though we never happen to meet earlier. However, the ice got molten in short time. He took me to the washing area were my safari was parked. Man! that was a moment for me and my wife. We both were very happy to see the car parked there. It immediate improvement I noticed in my EX version was that TATA has added hand rest for the front seats!, which was like a bonus to me. And with out me asking the showroom guys decoded the VIN and told me that its manufactured in May 2012 as per the VIN (Chase) number provided. A whole lot of process including PDI was pending. Still I was not at all bothered about the delay, we were just happy and enjoying it! Then we came back to the show room front area to discuss further on the offers, accessories and payment. My contact person had another new customer for ARIA and he had to excuse me to proceed with them. In fact we also needed a littile space. I was explaining to my wife about other TATA cars displayed in the showroom and she was specifically impressed by the Manza. Showroom guys noticed that it taking more time with the customer for ARIA. They proactively arranged for a test drive on a VX version in Perl White color [:)] We were more than happy to do that, who cares about waiting man ! Let him take one hour also with the ARIA customer ! Dicor engine is amazingly silent and really shows its power once you cross 1800 RPM. Its always an experience to drive Safari, I swear.

Once we were back at showroom, accessories manager came and met us. He was very nice guy with practical approach towards what he is suggesting. Following are the accessories I am going for:

1) MapMyIndia Zx150 Deluxe (this I got online from MapMyIndia) - 14000 /-
2) Nigh Vision Reverse Camera - 2500 /-
3) Full Cover floor Mat - 1400 /-
4) Art Leather seat cover (armrest included) - 7500 /-
5) Steering Wheel Cover - 350 /-
6) 3M Teflon Body + Under Body coating - 4500 /-
7) Front Nudge Guard (hard fiber, not steel) - 9500 /- (comes free with the offer)

Dual halogen lights on the nudge bar is under consideration, but not immediately for sure. I am not going to make any investment on ICE as of now. Please let me know if you guys have any other suggestions suggestions.

Once, we settled down on these, showroom guys told me about the complaints I have raised with TATA Customer Care as well as TATA Safari FB team. Internally they tried for stock transfer to address my concern. However, they couldn't do it as Pearl White EX was not there in stock (in entire Kerala), according to them. Nevertheless, I could see how seriously TATA is acting on customer complaints. I feel its a cultural influence from FIAT.

Today is a Harthal in Kerala. So my Safari will go for Temp Registration tomorrow. I need those papers to book for numbers that are not in the sequence. I will book the number on SAT and it will take 48 Hrs to issue the booked number. Hence, practically the delivery will happen on Monday as I don't want to take delivery on SAT. Registration will happen on either Monday or Tue. I will keep you guys posted with the status with some pictures [:)]

Congrats congrats [clap]and please put a ownership review with a lot of pictures .
Btw front arm rest is standard in safari even the base model gets it and yes it adds to the comfort we need a lot of pics of the white safari which seems to never age after so many years it looks classy as ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats and all is well that ends well.waiting to see your safari and your camera in action.

Shynish my boy,congrats for the Safari.I am sure you are now lost in the very big,spacious and luxurious interiors of Safari.
I am also waiting to see the photos.

Thread Starter #67

Thanks guys.

@Raja: Is it? May be I have missed it out when I saw Ex version in the showroom. Yesterday I had an even better close look [:)]

@Mahendra: Yes you are right, we are lost in the big,spacious and luxurious interiors of Safari. More over, when I drove it yesterday (test drive vehicle) I had a chance to floor it for overtaking an speeding Etios. Till that time I was driving it like a car and god, when I stepped it on, it pulled itself out and dashed on the highway. I love this man! Happy with my choice [:D]

Thanks guys.

@Raja: Is it? May be I have missed it out when I saw Ex version in the showroom. Yesterday I had an even better close look [:)]

@Mahendra: Yes you are right, we are lost in the big,spacious and luxurious interiors of Safari. More over, when I drove it yesterday (test drive vehicle) I had a chance to floor it for overtaking an speeding Etios. Till that time I was driving it like a car and god, when I stepped it on, it pulled itself out and dashed on the highway. I love this man! Happy with my choice [:D]
Till you don't post pictures it's not fun believe me please post atleast one of the pearl white beauty

Congratulations Shynish for owning one of the best BEAST available in the market. Safari is one hell of a SUV with great looks and power.

Do start an ownership review followed by some great pics of the beast.

Congrats for becoming a Safarian Shynish.Except the best wishes from this poor Ex-Safarian and co-incidence is that mine was also an EX in pearl white with 4X4.

So where are the pics of the beast?I just wanna have a glance at the car.

Shynish waiting for your Safari's pics[roll].

You have made us wait for a long time.

350Z

Core Team

Shynish waiting for your Safari's pics
He has received the car and it looks stunning. I will refrain from posting the images. Let him break the suspense.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #73

Sorry for the delay guys. I got the car on 6th Monday evening. My first drive with family was very short to a temple on the same day late evening. The next day early morning visited another temple and drove around 180 km (both way). The 3rd day morning, 8th Wed, we drove all the way to Bangalore [:)] Since my wife is managing my Facebook account, the pictures are promptly put there! The nudge bar that you are seeing in the picture is a complete fiber and is just for the "look factor". More over, it came free of cost. Following is the final list of accessories I have done:

1. MapMyIndia Zx 150 Deluxe
  2. Kenwood KDC-U549BT (Stock was Alpine CDE 9870ET. It came with out USB, AV and Bluetooth. Hence I replaced it.)
  3. Seat Cover
  4. Steering Wheel Cover
  5. Autopilot Night Vision Camera
  6. Full Floor Mat
  7. 3M Pannel Protection
  8. 3M Teflon Body
  9. 3M under Body
  10. Nudge Guard
  11. Mud Flap

2.JPG
Yes, the nudge bar is slightly an overkill ! I know that [;)]

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

That's my son and wify, collecting the papers and key.

A-11.JPG

Autopilot night vision reverse camera. Clarity is really good.

A-8.JPG

MapMyIndia Zx Deluxe. Camera is connected through AV input. Change over to camera feed will happen in 15 seconds after engaging reverse gear.

A-2.JPG

Steering wheel cover

A-3.JPG

A-7.JPG

A-10.JPG

A-4.JPG

A-5.JPG

A-6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations for your Safari. The beats is looking smoking hot in White.

Pretty good list of accessories and i like your seat covers, they look good.

But the pictures are really small, can you try uploading some bigger pictures.

Thread Starter #75

Thanks buddy. Try refreshing the page, it should be bigger now.

The drive from Calicut to Bangalore was awesome [:)] Turbo charger kicks in some where around 2000 RPM. After that the 2.2 Dicore engine just takes off! I mean, you can really feel the power. Its highly responsive and powerful. I dont have to tell this, I know. Still, Safari is very stable and the braking is really good. I had 2 great experiences on the way [;)] I am still enjoying our new ride. Will post more details on the way.

Last edited:

Top Bottom