TATA Safari EX (Pearl White) - Now Delivered (Pg.6)

Re: TATA Safari EX (Pearl White) - Coming Home Soon!

We too have taken fast deliveries, called as 'Tatkal' !! But in most cases, the cars which we have don't have looong waiting period [:)].

And if you had been in Pune, I would have given you Safari in max to max 48 Hrs flat. If you still want one, do let me know but you will need NOC from your local dealer for this.[anger]

Thread Starter #47

congrats shynish on your decision ( insane or not ) to buy a safari. its a car in my heart too, but the cost factor is beyond my bugget now so i made a similar may be insaane decision to buy a bolero 4x4 and booked it few days back.
Bolero is one of the toughest UVs available man! I love that, but it just that Safari won the race in my heart [;)]

And if you had been in Pune, I would have given you Safari in max to max 48 Hrs flat. If you still want one, do let me know but you will need NOC from your local dealer for this.[anger]
OMG! I missed it, I am in Bangalore unfortunately and the car is booked in Calicut, Kerala

Welcome to the family, Shynish [:)]
Somehow, TATA dealers have this trait in common. Delaying the delivery by one or the other reason. I wont be surprised that after few days, you'll get a call from the dealer that pearl white is not available, but some other colour is available. And 99.9% fact will be that the available color vehicle is lying for months at their stockyard.
if you can make a scene and tell you are cancelling your booking
Buddy the car had came and yes,it is even delivered too.

Now you don't do anything and wait for your car to come,go to the dealership tomorrow and just talk to the SE that how he dare not to receive your phone call?

Dunno why,but I am really feeling angry.If you are comfortable then don't wait to give him some very tight scolding and in fact pick up this call-not-receiving issue with the higher officials of the dealership,that also in very hard words.
I called TATA Customer care last to last SAT and had registered a complaint with them. They said with in 48 Hrs I will receive call back. I am still expecting the same. In the mean time, I spoke to TATA territory Manager for Calicut - Kerala. According to him, this is a mistake from the dealer. They had placed the initial order on 29th Jun for LX version instead of EX version. And then placed a new order on July 13th for EX version. Both are done in my wifes name as the booking is in her name. He promised to update further details at the earliest. This is an issue, which as customer I can understand accept. However, dealer simply tried to fool me by blaming TATA dispatch team. I didn't believe them, as I myself is a TATA employee :-) And please note, I got the update from TATA person, not from the dealership. I tried calling the executive (Mr, Sinto) and the product manager (Mr. Rauf) for Marina Motors, Calicut several time on last Monday. Neither they picked my call nor they showed the courtesy to return the call. I hope their mobiles are company paid and are supposed to attend the customers.

Spoke to TATA territory manager Mr. Rakesh on 19-Jul-2012. According to him, a new Safari is being dispatched from Pune and will take 15 days to reach Calicut. Approximately I can take the delivery on 30/31st of July. I told him I want to cancel the booking due to pathetic, ridiculous and unacceptable treatment from the dealership. At the same time, I would like to get my Safari from a different dealership. I hate the dealership M/s Marian Motors, Calicut and not the Safari. Subsequently he proposed a mutually beneficial deal, on which we are still working. Also he made the Marian motors executive call me...all to say "Rakesh sir told that you can take the delivery on 31st"!

Thread Starter #48

UPDATE on the complaint with TATA Motors customer care on last SAT (14th July):

They promised me that I will get a call back with in 48 Hrs. Yesterday I called customer care again and checked for the status. I told them its more than 96 Hrs now and the issue is still un-tracked and open. The executive apologized several times and that what he could provide. He has requested for 48 Hr more on 20-Jul-2012 to give me resolution and still there is no update! Great going TATA !

You are a tata employee? Then ask them to provide you a storme instead :tongue:

+100 not a bad idea and who knows they might give him one ? Will be better atleast we can get a ownership review here .[;)]

@Shynish:
Get even more tougher on them,ask them to either give you update quite soon else you are going for a Scorpio.Maybe this will trigger the process.

Now a days, Tata and M&M are not so worried about cancellation thread. They also got use to this game of customer saying I will cancel Especially between Tata and Scorp. The reason;
1 When some one selects Safari or Scorpio and pays advance, it means our mind/heart is stuck to it and starts dreams and imaginations... Which in very rare cases change.
2. The booking needs to start all over again and the wait time is again a pain, unless the required colour and variance is ready in their stock yard.

Bottom line, we need to think of some more serious threat may be like Consumer court or influence (Minister/MLA) calls to the dealer. Or may be a well knows area Don. this will surely impact delivery and the dealer.

Now a days, Tata and M&M are not so worried about cancellation thread. They also got use to this game of customer saying I will cancel Especially between Tata and Scorp. The reason;
1 When some one selects Safari or Scorpio and pays advance, it means our mind/heart is stuck to it and starts dreams and imaginations... Which in very rare cases change.
2. The booking needs to start all over again and the wait time is again a pain, unless the required colour and variance is ready in their stock yard.

Bottom line, we need to think of some more serious threat may be like Consumer court or influence (Minister/MLA) calls to the dealer. Or may be a well knows area Don. this will surely impact delivery and the dealer.
i dont think one needs to go to such an extremity.

they are worried enough to lose customers to ertigas, and dusters.

of what little mails i had done to the customercare@mahindra they were prompt enough to answer me back within a day or two.

of those emails or phone calls do post your general feedback about each communication as it happens. this will also help the management to serve you better.

i dont think one needs to go to such an extremity.

they are worried enough to lose customers to ertigas, and dusters.

of what little mails i had done to the customercare@mahindra they were prompt enough to answer me back within a day or two.

of those emails or phone calls do post your general feedback about each communication as it happens. this will also help the management to serve you better.
@Super we are talking about TATA customer care. I agree M&M is very prompt in their response. Infact they give out the direct contact numbers for their regional/area/general Manager depending on the issue.

After going through the thread i too experience the frustration and anger towards that dealer.There must be something done to teach a good lesson to irresponsible people like these.
Shynish you too are in tata motors so you must search for something that can be done to these idiots so that they can realise what they are doing is not good.

These things are highly institutionalised in some companies and especially in TATA.

Customer care has nothing much to do here since you are not a customer yet. You become a customer only after buying the car and not just by booking.

They would have replied to you out of courtesy or just the executive at phone would have thought of it as empathising.

I am not justifying TATA Motors here but that is how things work there.

Not seen such a lethargic Sales team in Automobile Industry.

These things are highly institutionalised in some companies and especially in TATA.

Customer care has nothing much to do here since you are not a customer yet. You become a customer only after buying the car and not just by booking.

They would have replied to you out of courtesy or just the executive at phone would have thought of it as empathising.

I am not justifying TATA Motors here but that is how things work there.

Not seen such a lethargic Sales team in Automobile Industry.
Autosafari, i am surprised by this statement of your's, Why can't he be a customer, without owning a product?

So does it means the manufacturer need not reply to him, as he doesn't owns their product.

For a company, each person who may enquire or one who may not enquire is also a customer.

@Shynish: Meanwhile i wish you that, your Safari is delivered soon, and we can expect a report soon.

Last edited:

Autosafari, i am surprised by this statement of your's, Why can't he be a customer, without owning a product?

So does it means the manufacturer need not reply to him, as he doesn't owns their product.

For a company, each person who may enquire or one who may not enquire is also a customer.
Mukesh,

Thats why I said I am not justifying the company.
Its lethargy on the part of TATA Motors Sales team.

Your statement is true and ideal. But what I said is the reality in many companies (not only automobiles).

Coming back to the subject, A pearl white Safari is available of the shelf with TATA dealer in Vapi. It was there last week when I went for monsoon check up of my car. Today a friend of mine was telling me about a white Safari at the same show room.

Its surprising that the dealer with whom Shynish booked his car is behaving like this for a low demand car like Safari.

Just complaining through regular customer care will not do. Escalate it to Senior Management. There is a foul play by the dealer after getting an unsually high amount as advance.

Thread Starter #59

+100 not a bad idea and who knows they might give him one ? Will be better atleast we can get a ownership review here .[;)]
Yes I am in TCS. Regarding Storme, it will come by end of this year only. Based on the latest updates from Pune (internal), they are planning to launch it for either X'Mas r New Year. According to my friend, there are going to be lot of refinement which will be inherited from ARIA. Even the aesthetics will undergo further make over from the model showcased during expo. This is really good new IMO. I am gonna envy those guys, who are gonna get this new variant [;)]

@Super we are talking about TATA customer care. I agree M&M is very prompt in their response. Infact they give out the direct contact numbers for their regional/area/general Manager depending on the issue.
Guys, in my experience TATA Customer care (surprisingly) is very prominent too in my experience. Even the Safari page in FB has acted on my case. Please check this link: After booking my... | Facebook

Mods: Is it okay to put FB page here?

Thread Starter #60

Yes I am in TCS. Regarding Storme, it will come by end of this year only. Based on the latest updates from Pune (internal), they are planning to launch it for either X'Mas r New Year. According to my friend, there are going to be lot of refinement which will be inherited from ARIA. Even the aesthetics will undergo further make over from the model showcased during expo. This is really good new IMO. I am gonna envy those guys, who are gonna get this new variant [;)]

Guys, in my experience TATA Customer care (surprisingly) is very prominent too in my experience. Even the Safari page in FB has acted on my case. Please check this link: After booking my... | Facebook

Mods: Is it okay to put FB page here?

Top Bottom