Tata Safari 400 Coming Next Year

Thread Starter #1
Tata's Storme’s MY16 (model year 2016) will be called as Safari 400 and this will be launched sometime in 2016.
The new Safari 400 will be powered by the same 2.2-litre engine, however it will be producing about 170bhp of power and 400Nm of maximum torque. The Safari 400 will be offered with an automatic transmission too, which will be a six-speed ZF transmission.
The manual on the Safari 400 will also be a six-speed box. The Safari 400 will get Harman music system with an output from 10 speakers. As per the earlier plan, this should have been launched by 2014. However, there seems to be a delay of about two years. The Safari 400 will be the new model for 2016 and it will out pass the competition in terms of power, fuel efficiency, best-in-class features and the best space in its segment.

Tata Safari 400 coming next year

Re: Tata Safari 400 coming - 2016

Now this is the safari we all would love to possess.

Well we all have our demanding wishlist from any vehicle from Tata stable. This safari 400 will be no different. So heres my list:

1. Next Gen Exteriors and Interiors. (I want it similar to the LRs)
2. Top notch cockpit feel interior.
3. Rear wheel back on safari but may be difficult to handle so can live without it.
3. ABS EBD and airbags in all trims.
4. Fog lamps and demisters in all trims.

Rest all let Tata decide.

Now this is the safari we all would love to possess.

Well we all have our demanding wishlist from any vehicle from Tata stable. This safari 400 will be no different. So heres my list:

3. Rear wheel back on safari but may be difficult to handle so can live without it.

Rest all let Tata decide.
Well, I dont think new safety norms would allow that.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

1. Next Gen Exteriors and Interiors. (I want it similar to the LRs)
2. Top notch cockpit feel interior.
3. ABS EBD and airbags in all trims.
4. Fog lamps and demisters in all trims.
Buddy, if all trims are equipped with all features then who'll buy top trim model?[lol]. For me as a enthusiast/future buyer I wish safety features should be provided in all trims. No discrimination on safety. ACC, Media Screen etc can be subjective to the trims though.

Regards

Akash

Buddy, if all trims are equipped with all features then who'll buy top trim model?[lol]. For me as a enthusiast/future buyer I wish safety features should be provided in all trims. No discrimination on safety. ACC, Media Screen etc can be subjective to the trims though.

Regards

Akash
I don't think that it would happen. And if it will... Me might see only one trim called safari storme400.

Hope am wrong as I got info from a birdie that storme400 was actually a concept and test bunny for upcoming Hexa. They were/are testing gear box and engine performance for Hexa as both are on same platform.

Let's see

Tata's Storme’s MY16 (model year 2016) will be called as Safari 400 and this will be launched sometime in 2016.
Yet another long long wait [cry]
Note that this will be most visited thread for sure :tongue:

My point is again same and simple:

Safari Storme is actually a good vehicle but Tata screwed everything at the time of launch itself.

For me its a story of love and hate. People love Safari and hence will go to look at it and they hate Tata equally and hence won't buy the Safari until it is truly exceptional vehicle.

On what basis I have put this statement ahead:
On the basis of Zest and Bolt, two capable, well built and really worth buying vehicles still not flying off the shelves like even their Hyundai counterparts. Why? Because people don't want to gamble by buying a Tata car.

They need to do Ford in India but neither they have an Alan Mullaly with them, nor a Ratan Tata nor a Pawan Goenka... Who and how they will make this comeback is the bigger question.

I want to buy Hexa or Safari but on what basis should I put my money on it? I really buy the cars with a thought that they should be super reliable so that I can make my full night trips in them, Tata still needs to gain that confidence of me and many customers like me who want to see their offerings but still keep away just because there are many question marks. Else believe me, I have seen many people (especially netas, contractors and officials) who still believe that Safari has a status that is above Scorpy or XUV but still they are away from Safari and have bought Scorpy, XUV etc for some unknown reasons, an unknown fear.. Tata needs to remove that first, Safari will look better following.

They can't become Maruti or Hyundai with wide service network in a year, still they can become at least one half of Toyota; its all about mouth marketing after all. Toyota is less about what they market and their reputation is more just because their satisfied customers are their biggest marketing agents (Mahindra has partially done this). This is what Tata can do in a year, earn a whole lot of customer satisfaction and let their own customers find new customers for them.

Last edited:
Even Tata is aware of this fact however they are doing very little and I think they have this misconception that they can get back easily as what they did with bolt pricing after a small succes of Zest and ended up with no where.

I remember Pratap Bose saying in an interview that normal people don't care about platform they care if the product/car looks good, handles good however he forgot that the resemblance of vista (read side profile and glass area/silhoute) in Bolt killed it almost to death and an average person is now saying it's new indica/vista.

Sir you need to walk extra mile as you already lost the respect and faith of public and the newer product should have no resemblance to any of the existing bad reputation product.

A great example... Me n my friend travelled in bolt and he was so impressed that he recommended it to others but he himself bought swift after few days and his words were "it's a great car but at the end it's a Tata and if it will not sell in private buyers Tata will again sell it to taxi market after all its new indica and I don't want to travel in taxi"[cry]

2015-Tata-Safari-Storme-Facelift-VARICOR-1024x591.jpg

Varicor 400.jpg

These are the images we have seen previously.

I would be nice if the vehicle is made slightly longer and accommodate the third row of seats, then it would be better. Also the floor needs to be lower to liberate more space for foot well for third row. Also exit and entry for 3rd row needs to be made easier. But however the six seater version will be egronomical as it will be easier to flip over.

View attachment 177580

View attachment 177581

These are the images we have seen previously.

I would be nice if the vehicle is made slightly longer and accommodate the third row of seats, then it would be better. Also the floor needs to be lower to liberate more space for foot well for third row. Also exit and entry for 3rd row needs to be made easier. But however the six seater version will be egronomical as it will be easier to flip over.
Hope what you wish can be done or Tata will do it.

For third row front facing seats need redesign if am right. And if they try to increase the length it will fall in Aria category and need pretty high investment.

I don't think that Tata will do it or in a position to invest that much. Yes if they want they can come up with new safari and can use older shell till c pillar and redesign rest on Aria platform. They can use Aria parts to keep pricing low. Which is very unlikely

I don't think that Tata will do it or in a position to invest that much. Yes if they want they can come up with new safari and can use older shell till c pillar and redesign rest on Aria platform. They can use Aria parts to keep pricing low. Which is very unlikely
Saarji, you made my night. Really, the statement in bold just deserves to be a part of the jokes and humor thread.
Tata group has deep enough pockets that they can redesign the whole Safari from scratch and still their balance sheets won't get even a ones digit reduction.

Saarji, you made my night. Really, the statement in bold just deserves to be a part of the jokes and humor thread.
Tata group has deep enough pockets that they can redesign the whole Safari from scratch and still their balance sheets won't get even a ones digit reduction.
Bro You misunderstood my statement. It's not how much they have in their bank or in the deep pockets. It's just that are they in a position to redesign only the rear part of the vehicle with rest of the design same with heavy investment. It might not be a good business sense. Oh by the way .. They are in deep **** when it comes to business and they even skipped the dividend of share holders(first time in the hustory of any company of Tata group) this quarter because of the net losses they are making.

Or they do it from the scratch might give them better business however the two SUV's they are working on might be the new Safari

Last edited:
I want to buy Hexa or Safari but on what basis should I put my money on it? I really buy the cars with a thought that they should be super reliable so that I can make my full night trips in them, Tata still needs to gain that confidence of me and many customers like me who want to see their offerings but still keep away just because there are many question marks.
I have done so many full night journey with my parents in my Vista, so far(87k kms and 3.4yrs) I never had any single doubt on reliable part on my car.

Fill the tank, get into the car and crank. It will run miles and miles and will never leave you to stand on road(ofcourse regular service is mandatory for all the car including TATA)

I have enough confidence on TATA cars.not only me, most of TATA car owners experienced it.

I have done so many full night journey with my parents in my Vista, so far(87k kms and 3.4yrs) I never had any single doubt on reliable part on my car.

Fill the tank, get into the car and crank. It will run miles and miles and will never leave you to stand on road(ofcourse regular service is mandatory for all the car including TATA)

I have enough confidence on TATA cars.not only me, most of TATA car owners experienced it.
Sirji I know it is good and I know Tata owners who can swear by their cars but I know 5 times more Toyota owners. :lol!:

BTW I guess one day I was discussing with you only that how good the Bolt Revotron is and I have been driving one since a couple of hundred kilometres. All in all, I am not against Tata or their cars but one bitter experience with a Safari (my father even stopped travelling in Safari and only order was sell it ASAP and it was sold with just 8k kms on odo) makes us think once or twice if we need a Tata or not. Adding insult to this injury; Toyota cars have never gave up and so was their A.S.S.

Well. I am already sold on Safari and will buy one the day I decide to return back to India. Varicor 400 will be good to have but hope they release after through testing else they won't be able to get away with the perception that people have for tata.

I hear many people say safari body is 20 years old and need refresh. Blah blah. However, if I were to extrapolate. They will loose safari as product line completely if they do that (I am myself a Marketing professional BTW). The Safari design is timeless. And I see no other design that has hold good for 20+ years other than enfield bullet. That is the whole charm of safari. It's your childhood dream !!

Plonk a new look. Say ARIA 400 (SUV Looks not MUV)and I will walk away from my decision. Safari still sells 1k+ numbers monthly. Cos people want and seek childhood dreams and the safari design still look" fresh" in a day when cars like fluidic verna (most sought after sedan looks wise. 2or 3 years back if I am not wrong) has lost the beauty contest in 3-4 years time.

What they need is right messaging (read marketing). that induces emotions. And Safari 400 will be a runaway success. And if I am right. TML knows this. And is the reason they launched SOUL. But message is still diluted TML folks if you are reading[:)]

All TML needs is same body as Safari Storme. Plonk thoroughly tested varicor 400 with 6 gears and 4x4 in EX trim...and messaging that "Differentiates" boys (read gadgets. Excreta if you may want) from men (raw power). And you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom