Tata Reveals Bolt Hatchback & Zest Compact Sedan (Coverage: Page 10 & 45)

Polo may have superior dashboard, superior paint job etc, but it is still a hatchback. TATA has come leaps and bounds with Zest/Bolt. Just because it is TATA product doesn't mean they should price it cheaper! That is what I was trying to imply! I understand Zest/Bolt share same platform and pricing is on higher side, but eventually TATA realize it and will reduce the price soon! According to me, a 30-50k(ex-showroom) reduction in price will be a good deal and both Zest/Bolt will have their customers.
Definitely they should price it cheaper atleast till they get certain numbers under their belt then revise the price! thats why it is called intro price but not the opposite way .
I desperately want TATA to succeed in car industry so that we will get more options and the foreign players will be kept in check . But TATA is disappointing again and again with the pricing from Aria ,Strome , Bolt except Zest .

According to me, a 30-50k(ex-showroom) reduction in price will be a good deal and both Zest/Bolt will have their customers.
No manufacturer would like to cut thier cars price, it would incur loss to them. I haven't seen any manufacturer reduce price because it's not selling well. Honda did it in 2011 End for Jazz but it was soon phased out as Honda was on the losing side. I don't think Bolt will ever get a price cut.

Isn't the price difference between the Swift & the Dzire also in the range of Rs.40K to 50K? Even though both the cars do very high numbers every month, the Dzire has been outselling the Swift very consistently. Same is the case with Toyota Etios & Liva. The important point is to have healthy volumes for both the products combined. Currently Tata Motors is selling between 3500 to 4000 units of Zest + Bolt. It seems like the company is currently able to supply these many numbers, but should be looking to increase the volumes soon.

Isn't the price difference between the Swift & the Dzire also in the range of Rs.40K to 50K? Even though both the cars do very high numbers every month, the Dzire has been outselling the Swift very consistently. Same is the case with Toyota Etios & Liva. The important point is to have healthy volumes for both the products combined. Currently Tata Motors is selling between 3500 to 4000 units of Zest + Bolt. It seems like the company is currently able to supply these many numbers, but should be looking to increase the volumes soon.
Both the aforementioned companies have their names on their side. Even after all these years Maruti's service is still the best while Toyota's image as a reliable car manufacturer is what allows them to charge anything they want. Yes times are changing, but these changes are few and slow. Swift constantly has offers of upto 20k while the Toyota twins have discounts to the tune of 30-35k. Being a Dzire owner myself for the past 5 years, I can vouch for its dependability and the quality of Maruti's service. We also have a Etios in our extended family, yes its doors are thin, yes its interior are dull, but, it sells because of the space it offers and of course the badge, that is why it is more common among the Taxi operators.

Coming back to the point, my uncle who was looking to buy a hatchback a couple of months, decided to put off his decision to buy a car. Now he is back in the market and went to test drive the Grand I10. Although he didn't like the drive much but was blown over by the features on offer. Further they are offering an exchange bonus to the tune of 20k and accessories worth 10k. I pestered him to call the Tata Motor's SA at Malwa Motors with whom we were dealing earlier. Guess what, even after repeated calls he didn't pick up the phone. Decided to call the showroom in the evening and asked them about the guy, he was very much present in the showroom. Inquired about the current offers on the Bolt and the showroom promised to call back the next day as it was already 6 pm. Next day came and went, no call from the showroom. Took Concorde Motors number from the website and it was not reachable. My uncle was getting annoyed by all this and asked me "If they have this kind of attitude before buying the car, what will happen once we buy it. The company should be reaching out to the customer, not the other way around", I didn't know what to say to him. Meanwhile the Hyundai guy calls him at least once a day. Tata Motors made a mistake with the pricing of the Bolt and their attitude is like they don't even want to sell their cars, no wonder their sales aren't improving[frustration].

Well.... I am surprised about your experience of not getting any proper response from the dealer. We have had a much more improved experience in the recent years. Be it offering test drives, car information, giving details on ongoing offers, contacting again & again, etc., all this has shown that they are eager to sell.

I had interacted with two Tata dealers during my car hunt - KHT and Prerana BTM
First went to KHT, checked out the zest got all the info, then went to Prerana BTM checked out all the info. KHT guy was very polite but with less product knowledge. Prerana guy was very professional.
Then I booked the vehicle with Prerana because this was closer to my home. But the KHT guy used to call me atleast twice every week.

Well its Pricey but worth the money. If they cut down the features people will still question about less features offered by TATA.
I think at this price point when you get ABS, HARMAN and Stylish interiors its worth the deal. Well i also went through the Team BHP conversations and found genuine review by the owner related to pricing. He was doubtful before purchasing but now he is satisfied.

Attachments

Well its Pricey but worth the money. If they cut down the features people will still question about less features offered by TATA.
I think at this price point when you get ABS, HARMAN and Stylish interiors its worth the deal. Well i also went through the Team BHP conversations and found genuine review by the owner related to pricing. He was doubtful before purchasing but now he is satisfied.
If feel if we compare the prices of the bolt with Zest then we feel its pricey as add a bit more and you get an additional boot. But compare it with other hatches, Swift, Figo etc., then it is still economical and features you get is unmatched save punto but price/feature wise I feel bolt is on top.

Its wonderful car which people have missed as they chose to be ignorant.

I live in Kutch district which is in Gujarat. In kutch district there are two showroom of TATA and both belong to Cargo Motors,one in Bhuj and 2nd in Gandhidham. First I contacted Gandhidham showroom for Zest and took TD of zest but at that time they didn't had revotron zest so I asked them to arrange TD at my door step and they did. But here come twist in story. Gandhidham guys called Bhuj guys to give me a TD of revotron so they came at my home ( 60 kms away from they Bhuj showroom ) with revotron vehicle. I took TD and I told them I want to book zest but from Gandhidham because I gave them my words. After that days both showroom guys started to pull my legs in they favor. Dailly both showroom guys called me and it continued untill I booked in favor of Gandhidham guys. Both showroom's management is same. I wrote my story because how they eager to sell zest.

Top Bottom