Tata Reveals Bolt Hatchback & Zest Compact Sedan (Coverage: Page 10 & 45)

Re: Tata Falcon Hatchback & Compact Sedan To Debut at Auto Expo

I guess, it will be the Updated version of Vista and the Topend version of Vista may have Projectors with more gadgets.

The photo seems to be of updated vista than falcons. From reports read, the falcons will be completely new design, will not resemble any existing cars.
thus from the above analogy, the images are of vista update.

back to the pic.

Headlamps look amazing. The blackening of headlamp with projectors. just love it.
@Appu, this is how I wanted you to remodel your Whitty

tails lamp could have been better.
The Grill also looks very nice.

Way to go TATA.

Headlamps look amazing. The blackening of headlamp with projectors. just love it..

These Headlights are looking Awesome, Very good move by TATA[clap]

@Appu, this is how I wanted you to remodel your Whitty

Personally, I have no trust on Aftermarket items. If these projector headlights fits to my Vista, then I'll definitely go for it[:D]

TATA has built a new vehicle on the X1 platform which hosts the Vista and Manza. 'Falcon' is the name given to the Vista 2014 but will carry a new name. It will carry a new design theme and show no resemblence to the current Vista/ Manza. The only thing that will resemble the Vista will be the platform and the shape of the monoque chassis as TATA has to launch a new vehicle as quickly as possible. Also not the there will also be a new suspension set-up and will have a sea change to from the current car.

My personal thought is that the D90 dashboard may be carried over but with subtile changes until the new range vehicles will debut by 2015-16. This Falcon project model may retail along with Vista but in a premium range, hence keeping this as a private owner's vehicle.

Report - Tata Falcon to be "performance-oriented models"

Tata Motors is working on upgrading the Vista hatchback, while work on a compact, sub-4m Manza is also taking shape. Internally codenamed project ‘Falcon’, Tata will be showcasing these vehicles at the upcoming Auto Expo in February.

Speaking to Livemint, Ranjit Yadav, head of Tata’s passenger vehicle business unit, said that the Falcon series of vehicles will be “completely new, performance-oriented models”. Mr. Yadav also said that the focus would be around “driving pleasure” and connectivity. Further, he confirmed that many other models based on the Falcon would be seen in the future.

While the refreshed Vista is codenamed Falcon 4, the compact Manza sedan is codenamed Falcon 5. Based on recent spyshots, it seems that Tata will be offering new features on these cars such as projector headlights.

On the sidelines, Mr. Yadav said that the company received better than expected response for the recently launched Nano CNG and that Tata was “out of stock”.[clap]

So Falcon 4 & 5 are basically refreshed Vista and Manza sub 4 metre.. [confused][confused]

[.106430]Report -
Tata Falcon to be "performance-oriented models".
That's great news!!!! Hope it can take on the I20/ grand i10 head on.
On the sidelines, Mr. Yadav said that the company received better than expected response for the recently launched Nano CNG and that Tata was “out of stock”.
Now atleast Tata vehicles have shown a positive response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tata are planning to sell the Falcon cars alongside the Vista and Manza. Now for that they will have to get the positioning and pricing spot-on. Tata Motors have already lost out in terms of sales and service and frankly speaking they are struggling to keep up with competition. These all-new launches do have some potential and look quite impressive. Only time will tell if they bring in good numbers! And I hope they do cause finally we are seeing a good effort on the products from Tata Motors.

"priced right". Well who decides that?

I think its upto TATA to decide what the right price is. As consumers we are not the ones to judge the pricing. All we can do is look at the product, see if it is easy on the pocket and then invest in it if you think it suits your needs.

There are some people who consider Vista a "bit" pricey. But then there are around 6000 odd customers every month who say otherwise.

So According to spy shots we can expect price tag between 5.9Lacks for base version and go upto 7.4Lacks for Fullyloader version for diesel version and 4.7Lacks for based petrol Version go upto 6.2 lacks for fullyloaded version of petrol we may expect these possible price tag and it will definataly direct competite to MS Swift [clap]

There are some people who consider Vista a "bit" pricey. But then there are around 6000 odd customers every month who say otherwise.
I feel Vista priced perfectly. In Vista VX we are getting all the features like ABS with EBD, Music system with 4 door speakers, Rear Defogger, Rear Wiper(Intelligent Wiper), Front & Rear Fog Lamps, Seat height adjustment, Steering height adjustment, Bluetooth(can pair 5 mobiles), Steering mounted buttons, All door power windows, Electric mirror adjustment, Lumbar support, auto door lock, secret tray under co-driver seat, huge glow box and 60:40 split seats.

Hope I covered everything[:D]. So, we getting all these features in Vista VX at 6.55L(On-road at Vellore), for the same price we won't get all these features in any other car. And, so far, I've seen 95% of Vista owners are really satisfied with it and they are ready to recommend Vista to others.

Hope, TATA will price perfectly to Falcon Sibilings[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

I like the current Vista all except build quality. We have been using since past 3 years traveling cross country. No issues- Just pleasure.

But I hope it's not just a Palio - Palio Stile type of update.

Tata Motors is working on a sub-4 meter crossover based on the Tata Falcon platform. Here’s a speculative render of the Tata Falcon-based crossover that the CarToq team has put together. As is evident from the render, the Falcon crossover is likely to share various styling aggregates that will first appear on the hatchback version.
Speculative-render-of-Tata-Falcon-Crossover-1.jpg

Like the Cross Polo, Fabia Scout and the upcoming Punto Adventure, the Falcon-based crossover is likely to be a raised hatchback with butch styling bits such as revised bumpers and side cladding. In keeping with the trend started by recent Tata SUVs such as the Aria and the Safari Storme, the spare wheel on the hatch lid is likely to be relocated to a location under the boot.
Speculative-render-of-Tata-Falcon-Crossover-2.jpg

A taller ground clearance could be the major highlight of the Falcon based crossover. Expect the Tata crossover to share its engines and transmissions with the Falcon hatchback and compact sedan. The crossover is likely to retain the 1.3 liter Fiat Multijet turbo diesel engine and the upcoming 1.2 liter turbo petrol motor.

As is with the case of the engines, the 5 speed gearbox options will also be carried over from the Falcon hatchback and compact sedan. In other words, expect the Tata Falcon crossover to be similar to the Tata Vista D90 Xtreme Concept, a crossover based on the Vista D90 hatchback.

The crossover based on the Falcon project is likely to make its debut in 2015. Although not a full fledged compact SUV/crossover in the lines of the Renault Duster and Ford EcoSport, the Falcon based crossover will give Tata Motors its first toehold into the high growth compact SUV segment in India.

Expect the Tata crossover to be priced above the Falcon hatchback, but well below the likes of the Ford EcoSport and Renault Duster. The sub-4 meter length and extensive parts sharing are two factors that will allow Tata Motors to price the crossover competitively.

Source: CarToq renders a crossover based on the Tata Falcon | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

Design will be a key aspect going forward: Tata Motors’ Pratap Bose

Car models from Tata Motors Ltd, India’s largest vehicle maker, have often been criticised for lack of contemporary styling and taste. Pratap Bose , head of design for Tata Motors, hopes to change that perception with Project Falcon, which includes the launch of a hatchback and a sporty sedan next year. Based in Coventry, England, Bose has worked in various capacities in Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, Piaggio and C SpA, Mitsubishi Motors Corp. and Mercedes-Benz. He travels to India every month for a week to 10 days for a review meet on design with Karl Slym, managing director of Tata Motors at their Pune studio—one of the company’s three global studios. In an interview, Bose said he hopes the strength of the company’s global design studios will be reflected in the models to be unveiled next February.

Despite creating global design centres, your products appear to lack appeal. When and how do we see that perception changing?

We have been segment creators, even though we might not be segment leaders. We created the small car segment with the Indica. The Safari created the SUV (sports utility vehicle) segment long before people spoke about it. Going ahead, our focus will be to not only create segments but also to lead them and design will be one of the important aspects. Customers today want models a lot more and a lot faster. If we just respond to today’s needs, by the time the car gets launched, it’s already old. So we are emphasizing a lot on what is coming. This has now become a very important aspect of our product planning and development process.

Design is something that always challenges the organization. Our senior management dedicates one day in a month to go through all the designs. You will start seeing it from the Falcon launches. There is a certain lead time for some things to happen and the true force of our global design network and the new engines—the whole package—will truly reflect in the Falcons.

How big is the company’s design team. Do you have plans to expand the team?

We have got truly international team in Pune—designers and engineers from all varied geographies—India, Japan, Britain, France, and Italy. The combined strength of all the three centres is 130 and we plan to double it in the next two years.

Contrary to Tata Motors’ expectations, the new Safari has often been criticized for its looks. How do you circumvent the challenge associated with the subjective nature of design?

You are right—it’s indeed subjective. But we have found that if you make a strong design statement, usually more people appreciate it than not. We have figured out that with roads in India and abroad getting crowded with cars, people want a car or for that matter any object, that makes a strong personality statement. It should not disappear in the background. There are many ways of interpreting it. You can’t be overly fashionable as some of the fashion trends are very short-lived. I personally feel the Safari will become an iconic product—even in the time when Safari has been around, many products have come and gone. Making a strong visual statement is very important in India.

Much more.. Read here..!!
Design will be a key aspect going forward: Tata Motors’ Pratap Bose - Livemint

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom