Tata Reveals Bolt Hatchback & Zest Compact Sedan (Coverage: Page 10 & 45)

Re: Tata Falcon Hatchback & Compact Sedan To Debut at Auto Expo

New Cars For 2014 | Podcast Episode 7 With Hormazd Sorabjee | Cars | Budget hatchbacks | Autocar India
The Autocar podcast by Hormazd and Sandeep on new cars for 2014 was a revelation for Tata-they did not refer to TML at all! [;)]
Perhaps they know something we don't?
My guess-the falcon is a re-badged vista with cosmetic changes and its sister will be the manza CS called falcon something something ??!
Well no talk of any compact SUV from them or any other significant activity from TML.
Perhaps they just forgot [confused]

My guess the falcon is a re-badged vista with cosmetic changes and its sister will be the manza CS called falcon something something ??!
No doubt it is a reskinned Vista as the basic body shape under the covers depicts it. Don't even expect TATA to make an all new vehicle in such a short time (as all project are too slow to come on road). But I think the car should be all new just like the Duster-Terrano duo, albiet tighter panel gaps and even more better plastic quality. Also the modular monoque platform with cross weilding technology is not too old. Also the nano platform can come in hand to bring in smaller vehicles and this is sufficient to churn out new models on the shorter run. I think their laziness has taught some lessons.

Well no talk of any compact SUV from them or any other significant activity from TML.
Perhaps they just forgot
You know people have started to yawn at any news from TML. [sleep] So they should have thought it is still a couple of years away... so no use in declaring too early.

Buck Up TATA!!! We wan't you to shine and the nation too..... :please::lol!:

Launch Confirmed by Tata Motors:

The new hatchback (codenamed Falcon 4)
The new compact sedan (codenamed Falcon 5)

Ranjit Yadav, president (passenger vehicle business unit), Tata Motors said
“We have planned a portfolio where we will be bringing new vehicles every year up to 2020. Next year, we will launch completely new cars. It will have a completely new DNA, with modified platforms, new attributes, powertrains and design language."

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-two-car-launches-in-2014-113111900981_1.html

So can we expect completely new cars instead of just face-lifts? [confused]

i think we should stop speculating. TATA says completely new. I would believe them. They are saying Indica and Vista will continue to sell. SO the facelift Vistas spotted under covers are not Falcons.
I expect to see it in prototype guise in Feb (Auto expo).

So more new coming in....

Tata is reportedly working on more vehicle simultaneously. Motorbeam has posted a new from Economic times that there are more to come.

TATA 'Kite'. It is the name given to the Compact Sedan based on the X1 (vista) platform. It is scheduled to be launched in 2015.

Also the previously reported news of a new petrol only car based on the X0 (Gen 1 Indica) platform to take on the petrol cars from the Maruti/Hyundai/Honda/etc. vehicles.

There is another vehicle, a Compact SUV also based on the X1 (vista) platform. It is too scheduled to be launched in 2015.

These will compliment the new cars scheduled to be launched along with the now under testing 'Falcon 4 & 5' models to be launched in 2014.

So the lineup stands as follows:

- Falcon 5 Compact Sedan: Festive Season 2014
- Falcon 4 Hatchback: Festive Season 2014
- X0 Based Small Hatchback : 2015
- Kite’ Compact Sedan: 2015
- X1 Based Compact SUV: 2015

The current vehicles New Vista & New Manza will Remain in the portfolio.

Last edited:

5 launches in a year. Hope Tata is serious.

And I can only imagine the condition in TASS after that. [frustration]

I dont mind if FALCON is the old sheep in wolf's cloths, or completely new car from bottom up. I seriously feel presently TATA's biggest problem is not lack of cars, but it is its image. It has awesome cars in its stable, be it ARIA / SAFARI / GRANDE / MANZA / NANO, but it has taken a beating with lack of numbers to prove it. It seriously needs to work on the image of not being a cheap and only VFM car brand, and on other hand away from TAXI IMAGE. And put a tight grip on its dealers for better A.S.S

Apart From ‘Falcon’ Tata is Preparing ‘Kite’ Compact Sedan & ‘X0′ Hatchback

source:
Tata's Upcoming Compact Sedans & Hatchbacks; Falcon & Kite & more | MotorBash.com

Tata Motors, India’s fourth-largest passenger vehicle maker is not doing well. And that’s official and known to the world! What’s giving it a bad report card is dynamism, or rather the lack of it, both in new product conception and launch.

In an interview, Tata’s head Karl Slym himself revealed that Safari Storme was slated for a 2007 launch (more details)! In a dynamic market like ours, you can not survive if you delay products for so long. This lacklustrous attitude is what is killing the company!

That, however, is likely to change, according to various reports in public domain. Tata Motors is planning a slew of new products for the next couple of years and it seems it is finally shedding its unexplainable aversion in developing a petrol driven family car.

In an interesting article on Economic Times, we are left a little confused! Contrary to the earlier report, it seems the diesel Vista and Manza will still be produced in the coming years, their platform will be shared by a new premium hatchback and a sub-4 metre compact sedan probably featuring a 1.2 litre turbocharged petrol engine. These new cars will purportedly take on the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Dzire, Honda Amaze and Hyundai’s upcoming entry level sedan.

If Tata Motors could make the Falcon 4 and Falcon 5 (the new development models are named thus) lighter and peppier, and utilize effectively the vast reach its dealership has across the country, the competition will have every reason to be weary. How it pans out remains to be seen.

The other segment which has caught the fancy of our Indian customers is the compact SUV. Surprisingly, Tata Motors has nothing to offer to this particular segment yet.

The products catering to the premium hatchback and compact SUV/crossover segment, which are under development in Tata Motors, could see the light of the day sometime in the year 2014. We might even see them during the Auto Expo 2014 in February.

Now, here is the confusion! Economic Times reports that apart from whatever products are mentioned above, Tata Motors is also developing two more models for the year 2015 – a hatchback based on X0 platform and a compact sedan called as ‘Kite’. I know this has left you and me confused! Let us decipher what products have we talked about:

New Vista Remains
New Manza Remains
Falcon 5 Compact Sedan: Festive Season 2014
Falcon 4 Hatchback: Festive Season 2014
X0 Based Small Hatchback : 2015
‘Kite’ Compact Sedan: 2015
And a compact SUV/Crossover which is under wraps. We will still wait for more updates to understand this lineup. What is certain is that, Tata is working on a number of products and they have also claimed that their products are now niggle-free. Let’s see what do we have on offer in the coming Auto Expo.

So more new coming in....

So the lineup stands as follows:

- Falcon 5 Compact Sedan: Festive Season 2014
- Falcon 4 Hatchback: Festive Season 2014
- X0 Based Small Hatchback : 2015
- Kite’ Compact Sedan: 2015
- X1 Based Compact SUV: 2015

The current vehicles New Vista & New Manza will Remain in the portfolio.
Apart from these more are still due.

- TATA ARIA Refresh
- TATA Nano Diesel
- Also someone has spied a NANO with different look apart from the Diesel, most probably a more powerful Nano...... 800cc ????

From various sources I have got to know that Tata has various models in the planning.
1.Nano diesel and Nano with bigger Petrol engine (along with an opening boot)
2.XO hatchback replacing the age old Indica
3.New Grande
4.Aria Facelift
5.Falcons
6.An MPV based on Manza
7.Maybe a compact SUV on the X1 platform.

now confusion..!!

Updated vista and falcon 4 the same??? [surprise]

need some clarification.. Please.. [glasses]

Headlight looks great along with that newer grille but the tail lamps.. I would preferred to have a more rounded tail light slightly starting from the sides. What they have done was chopped the upper portion of the christmas lights and added some portion to the hatch door.

It would have been great if they designed the tail light with more width than length that will give more balanced look at the rear. For me this one looks more like the Liva's which I don't like much. [frustration]

Here are to pictures of the TATA Falcon 4. Now the structure is more revealing than the prevoius cloth drapes. The edges are now sharper than the current tear drop design. I liked the design

Pictures courtesy Cartoq.com
Over design change very impressive [clap]

Definately 2014 TATA Indica Vista looks Sportier then before but why people calling it as Falcon 4 i dont know [frustration]

TATA Falcon Project is an All New Car based on X1(vista/manza) platform, according to company insiders, the Falcon siblings are essentially all-new vehicles and have "no resemblance to any existing Tata product”. So the 2014 Vista is a just facelifted one the side profile is exactly just like present Vista.

So can we conform above spy shots photos belongs to Falcon Project TATA Clearly mentioned that there is no resemblace to any existing tata cars its an all new car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom