Tata Nexon XZ+ Diesel: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Tata Nexon Ownership Review

Hello Everyone,

Its been more then half a month I spent with my new Nexon XZ+ odometer clocked +1000 Kms. I thought this is the high time to share my experience with you guys.

How I made my decision to buy Nexon: Obviously, like others I have been following this since Auto expo. But to be very frank this is not the only reason. I owned 2011 Chevy Beat black color, my entire family love our Beat, there are multiple reasons to love it. Me and my wife bought this car. This was our first new car (we owned second hand Alto before this). We have grown from 2 to 4 family members with this car. My daughter spent her 4.8 years with this car. She was so sad that day when we sold this car, there is no happiness of owning a new car on her face. When we reached to Concorde motors Patparganj to take delivery for our new car and farewell our ever loving Beat my daughter thrown a very difficult question to address. She asked "Papa can we keep our Blacky (This is what we call it) for one more day, can we take our Nexon tomorrow"? To be very frank I never had an answer for this. Somehow my wife managed her. I have planned to buy new can around mid of 2018 but thanks to General motors (runaway from India). We have planned to keep Beat with us for my wife but GM dont want us to do that. My Beat need some immediate investment to repair clutch and gear (approx 30K+ service cost+ some other **** and bits). GM dealers not offering any discounts in spears after Gm bind-up news. I have to invest 40K plus to keep my car for 1 more year and I am not sure about resale value after one year. So I took this to family and we all agreed to opt for new car
Moving to Nexon selection, we had Brezza, Nexon and Duster. Duster ruled-out due to going above our budget. I TDed both Nexon and Brezza (I am not going into comparison) but I felt Nexon is better buy against Brezza, specially on VFM part. On other hand, my wife straightaway rejected Brezza. So finally we made the decision to go ahead with Nexon.

Why I bought XZ+: I have mentioned this in this threats. All signature whistle and bells missing in other variants.
Ownership Review:
Exterior: I own moroccan blue XZ+, this particular color is little fleshy but my daughter's selected this color (Dealer had Blue and White available). Through I had a booking for Grey but somehow dealer dont have any clarity about delivery date. The white strip look feb on blue color. I personally like to side profile most followed by front and rear. Fit and finish, I would say its not great but neither bad. If you see the C pillar where almost 7 different panels mixing together, TATA did a great job.
Paint quality: Overall satisfactory, I only find some problem on the rear while strip (X-fector).
Nexon is a head turner and I have answered more than 100 strangers till date. Almost 8 friends TDed my car and found it much better then other cars in the segment. One of these friend own Brezza, he found my car much superior than Brezza.

Interior: In one word "superb" Quality of plastic, design, infotainment system, all put together a great package. Here this really shows "Level Nex" characteristic. ICE system have little slow response to touch and physical buttons. Popup screen again look great and gave a Level Next feel.
Utility space below tambour door is too small but there are so many utility spaces you can utilize.
One day i found one plastic nut near driverside floor. On investigation I found the nut is to fix floor mat, I fixed it again its working well so far. I also show some ugly looking finish (photo posted).
ICE system- The sound quality is superb you have to set equalizer as per your choice. I have couple of times equalizer reset to default, I will ask my SA during my next visit. Touch is little show to response but that will come to habit after some time. ICE operation is very easy and you can control many function from steering mounted controls. Steering on smaller side, need some time to get in habit. I feel the steering is marginally show to respond in comparison to my Chevy Beat but not a deal breaker.
Ride comfort: As some reviews reported you feel some bump at lower speed. But by the moment you are 20 KMPH plus car dismiss almost all small or even big path holes.
Sitting position is great, great visibility from driver seat. Some review have reported tick A pillar but remember I am coming from Chevy Beat which have the similar A pillar. Seats are cushioned well and very comfortable I did a 298 Kms ride nonstop (Mix of city and highway) not felt tiredness.
Engine: Not an expert but from the lehman,s point of view, engine respond to acceleration very well. Through car running at 120, 2k rev and 6th gear.
Fuel economy- For my 1060 Kms trip meter shows FE of 16.6 and for 298 Km trip meter it shows FE of 19.1. on full tank bases I got FE of 14.7.

Nexon is a funky looking car, but being Beat owner I love those funky looks and I am just 35 so have all the rights to use funky car. We named it Nexty (Nex-tee).
Final comment: Nexon stand out of the crowd so you once you get behind the wheels. So far I have not faced any issue with the car with my short and long drives.

IMG-20171023-WA0007.jpg

IMG_1077-min (1).JPG

IMG-20171023-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0048.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0041.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0038.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0039.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0021.jpg

IMG_1081-min (1).JPG

IMG-20171023-WA0047.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0049.jpg

IMG-20171023-WA0024.jpg

Re: Tata Motors Nexon Now Launched at Rs.5.85 Lakhs

Congratz beattheroad [clap]. Did you bought the wearable key?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ownership Review
Hello Everyone,
Its been more then half a month I spent with my new Nexon XZ+ odometer clocked +1000 Kms. I thought this is the high time to share my experience with you guys.

How I made my decision to buy Nexon: Obviously, like others I have been following this since Auto expo. But to be very frank this is not the only reason. I owned 2011 Chevy Beat black color, my entire family love our Beat, there are multiple reasons to love it. Me and my wife bought this car. This was our first new car (we owned second hand Alto before this). We have grown from 2 to 4 family members with this car. My daughter spent her 4.8 years with this car. She was so sad that day when we sold this car, there is no happiness of owning a new car on her face. When we reached to Concorde motors Patparganj to take delivery for our new car and farewell our ever loving Beat my daughter thrown a very difficult question to address. She asked "Papa can we keep our Blacky (This is what we call it) for one more day, can we take our Nexon tomorrow"? To be very frank I never had an answer for this. Somehow my wife managed her. I have planned to buy new can around mid of 2018 but thanks to General motors (runaway from India). We have planned to keep Beat with us for my wife but GM dont want us to do that. My Beat need some immediate investment to repair clutch and gear (approx 30K+ service cost+ some other **** and bits). GM dealers not offering any discounts in spears after Gm bind-up news. I have to invest 40K plus to keep my car for 1 more year and I am not sure about resale value after one year. So I took this to family and we all agreed to opt for new car
Moving to Nexon selection, we had Brezza, Nexon and Duster. Duster ruled-out due to going above our budget. I TDed both Nexon and Brezza (I am not going into comparison) but I felt Nexon is better buy against Brezza, specially on VFM part. On other hand, my wife straightaway rejected Brezza. So finally we made the decision to go ahead with Nexon.

Why I bought XZ+: I have mentioned this in this threats. All signature whistle and bells missing in other variants.
Ownership Review:
Exterior: I own moroccan blue XZ+, this particular color is little fleshy but my daughter's selected this color (Dealer had Blue and White available). Through I had a booking for Grey but somehow dealer dont have any clarity about delivery date. The white strip look feb on blue color. I personally like to side profile most followed by front and rear. Fit and finish, I would say its not great but neither bad. If you see the C pillar where almost 7 different panels mixing together, TATA did a great job.
Paint quality: Overall satisfactory, I only find some problem on the rear while strip (X-fector).
Nexon is a head turner and I have answered more than 100 strangers till date. Almost 8 friends TDed my car and found it much better then other cars in the segment. One of these friend own Brezza, he found my car much superior than Brezza.

Interior: In one word "superb" Quality of plastic, design, infotainment system, all put together a great package. Here this really shows "Level Nex" characteristic. ICE system have little slow response to touch and physical buttons. Popup screen again look great and gave a Level Next feel.
Utility space below tambour door is too small but there are so many utility spaces you can utilize.
One day i found one plastic nut near driverside floor. On investigation I found the nut is to fix floor mat, I fixed it again its working well so far. I also show some ugly looking finish (photo posted).
ICE system- The sound quality is superb you have to set equalizer as per your choice. I have couple of times equalizer reset to default, I will ask my SA during my next visit. Touch is little show to response but that will come to habit after some time. ICE operation is very easy and you can control many function from steering mounted controls. Steering on smaller side, need some time to get in habit. I feel the steering is marginally show to respond in comparison to my Chevy Beat but not a deal breaker.
Ride comfort: As some reviews reported you feel some bump at lower speed. But by the moment you are 20 KMPH plus car dismiss almost all small or even big path holes.
Sitting position is great, great visibility from driver seat. Some review have reported tick A pillar but remember I am coming from Chevy Beat which have the similar A pillar. Seats are cushioned well and very comfortable I did a 298 Kms ride nonstop (Mix of city and highway) not felt tiredness.
Engine: Not an expert but from the lehman,s point of view, engine respond to acceleration very well. Through car running at 120, 2k rev and 6th gear.
Fuel economy- For my 1060 Kms trip meter shows FE of 16.6 and for 298 Km trip meter it shows FE of 19.1. on full tank bases I got FE of 14.7.

Nexon is a funky looking car, but being Beat owner I love those funky looks and I am just 35 so have all the rights to use funky car. We named it Nexty (Nex-tee).
Final comment: Nexon stand out of the crowd so you once you get behind the wheels. So far I have not faced any issue with the car with my short and long drives.
Congrats Hemant on your Nexty, beautiful color, please provide the price breakup, did you get insurance from the dealer.

Did you enquire about the 'Wearable Smartkey'? and the price.

Regards
Vinod

Ownership Review
Hello Everyone,

Ownership Review:

Congratulations beagtheroad and thanks for sharing your experience with Nexon[clap]
I think you have Diesel Nexon, please confirm!

Could you please provide few details about :
- any accessories you got installed?
- do rear parking sensors really helps or you suggest to must get reverse camera for lower variants
- is driving in eco mode is jerky? What's difference in mileage using eco VS sport?
- as you have done long drive, do you or any passenger felt any discomfort or body pain (one of reviewer commented as rear seats are too soft which can lead body pain to rear passenger)

Ownership Review
Hello Everyone,

Ownership Review:

Congratulations on your new purchase.

One suggestion - go for a wrap on C pillars as there's a contour which will fit the wrap(ie elite I20) and will give it a great look

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Congrats Hemant on your Nexty, beautiful color, please provide the price breakup, did you get insurance from the dealer.

Did you enquire about the 'Wearable Smartkey'? and the price.

Regards
Vinod
Thank you sir!
Please find below the price break up-
Ex show room- 929900
Registration- 87929
Insurance- 20900 (self)
Handling charges- 6500
Total- 1045229

Congratulations beagtheroad and thanks for sharing your experience with Nexon[clap]
I think you have Diesel Nexon, please confirm!

Could you please provide few details about :
- any accessories you got installed?
- do rear parking sensors really helps or you suggest to must get reverse camera for lower variants
- is driving in eco mode is jerky? What's difference in mileage using eco VS sport?
- as you have done long drive, do you or any passenger felt any discomfort or body pain (one of reviewer commented as rear seats are too soft which can lead body pain to rear passenger)
Hi Bro,
I own Diesel variant.
- No I haven't bought any accessories
- Parking sensors do work well but camera is always better. I installed camera in my beat so hv habit to use camera.
- for Diesel all modes work really well, for city traffic conditions I advise not to use sports mode. Due to high power transmission this mode seems so jerky
- None of my co-passenger reported discomfort or any problem with seats or sitting position. Longest I drove for 298 kms in one go.

Hemant

Which insurance company. New India Insurance. Rest all around 27 to 30 K
I got it from united india insurance, new india insurance doesn't have cashless option while new india insurance have cashless up to 15k

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8

Hi Fellas,
I observe one problem with my car, the auto climate work absolutely fine during day hours. Efficiently cool down entire cabin, temperature set at 26. While once the sun goes down I have to set the temperature at 24 or less to get the same cooling. Anyone have idea why this happened. Is the Econ mode culprit here?

Regards
Hemant

Last edited:

Hi Fellas,
I observe one problem with my car, the auto climate work absolutely fine during day hours. Efficiently cool down entire cabin, temperature set at 26. While once the sun goes down I have to set the temperature at 24 or less to get the same cooling. Anyone have idea why this happened. Is the Econ mode culprit here?

Regards
Hemant
The temperature maybe the same, but you may be feeling its warmer given the air coming in would be warmer.

From your signature, I understand that you are from Delhi. Now, when you set the temperature at 26, in the day time, it would be working in the cooling mode, blowing in colder air than outside. This makes you feel its cooler. However, in the evening, when the outside temperature would be less than 26, the air conditioner would be warming up the air that's blown in. You feel warmer air hitting you and it may feel that its not as effective as it is during the day. When you change the temperature to 24, in the interior air circulation mode, again the cooling mechanism is triggered, and the air is cooled. That makes you feel the air as cold. This may be one of the reason that I can think for this effect. This is the normal behavior of the Automatic climate control system. I would suggest you not to point the vents directly towards you so that the car gets cooled/heated evenly. In that case you may feel the temperature as the same.

Congrats on your new Nex-T

Can i suggest you some pocket heavy mods. Do a full black gloss wrap on the tophalf. It will look fabulous.

Also would suggest get the 3m Film wrap on all the ceramic parts. They will look bad when dirty and maintaining them white i feel will be a challenge.

Hi Fellas,
I observe one problem with my car, the auto climate work absolutely fine during day hours. Efficiently cool down entire cabin, temperature set at 26.
Man, it is because your ACC works on a feedback mechanism in which the external factor affecting the loop is the outside temperature. If the temperature outside is lower than the temperature you have put your ACC on, then there will be warm air, or cold air or simply the outside level cold air flow.

So, I would suggest you better follow the 24 temperature for all time, summer, winters; I mean just throughout the year (My ACC was set on 24 on the day of car delivery and is still there) and it will manage to keep you comfortable always. Normally people do turn the ACC to HI or LO thinking that it will heat up or cool the cabin quickly, but actually it does heat or cool at the same rate until the set temperature is attained and once done, then ACC works only to make sure that the set temperature is maintained.

In other words, there is no issue with your car. Let me still help you to get further and complete understanding (spare me, I am fed up of my classes [evil])

delhi.PNG

Looking at the time and temperatures in above picture (For Delhi, Today), your ACC will work on moderate hot or cold during the blue sections, will work on heat during the cold sections and will cool the cabin mildly during the yellow highlighted sections, if you keep the ACC at 26.

Is the Econ mode culprit here?
Also I would suggest you to use ECO mode less in the city, I have personally noticed that in the ECO mode, you end up driving with heavier foot and change gears more frequently, hence spoiling both FE as well as your driving comfort. Drive in city mode in city and you will feel that it's hardly any difference in FE but you end up being more comfortable. ECO mode is best used while cruising on highways like say you have to drive at 100 kph in relaxed manner on a 4 lane highway, just reach that speed and then turn the ECO mode on, this way you will cruise comfortably and with very decent FE at the same time.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Hi Mod,
There is multiple owners review threats available for Nexon XZ+. May I request you to combine both. One threat that you created with my review other one is with Mayank's review.

Thanks!
Hemant

Thread Starter #13

Man, it is because your ACC works on a feedback mechanism in which the external factor affecting the loop is the outside temperature. If the temperature outside is lower than the temperature you have put your ACC on, then there will be warm air, or cold air or simply the outside level cold air flow.

So, I would suggest you better follow the 24 temperature for all time, summer, winters; I mean just throughout the year (My ACC was set on 24 on the day of car delivery and is still there) and it will manage to keep you comfortable always. Normally people do turn the ACC to HI or LO thinking that it will heat up or cool the cabin quickly, but actually it does heat or cool at the same rate until the set temperature is attained and once done, then ACC works only to make sure that the set temperature is maintained.

In other words, there is no issue with your car. Let me still help you to get further and complete understanding (spare me, I am fed up of my classes [evil])

Looking at the time and temperatures in above picture (For Delhi, Today), your ACC will work on moderate hot or cold during the blue sections, will work on heat during the cold sections and will cool the cabin mildly during the yellow highlighted sections, if you keep the ACC at 26.

Also I would suggest you to use ECO mode less in the city, I have personally noticed that in the ECO mode, you end up driving with heavier foot and change gears more frequently, hence spoiling both FE as well as your driving comfort. Drive in city mode in city and you will feel that it's hardly any difference in FE but you end up being more comfortable. ECO mode is best used while cruising on highways like say you have to drive at 100 kph in relaxed manner on a 4 lane highway, just reach that speed and then turn the ECO mode on, this way you will cruise comfortably and with very decent FE at the same time.

Thanks Bro,
Really useful info regarding ACC.
I'll set my ACC to 24 as advised.
Regarding Eco mode, I think Eco mode work perfectly for slow moving traffic in Delhi. City and sport modes felt jerky due to access power delivery.

Happy motoring!
Hemant

Thread Starter #14
Hello everyone,
After long time back here.
Finally I clocked 10k km mark and throught to write something.
So far my experience with my Nexty is great. There was few small niggles I faced with my car. Tata services guys are pretty helpful and resolved all the issues I had. The first issue I had with slotting 5th gear which has been resolved during first service. Second issues was with boot lid which was resolved after second service. Last and final issue I had with tail light LEDs, left side tail LEDs stopped working after some time. This has been resolved by BCM update which also added auto folding ORVM feature to my car.
About the experiences, my love is growing every passing day for my Nexty. Sports mode is the mode of choice which offer best fuel economy in city conditions. My music system recently updated to 11.40 feb version and it’s improved rear camera response time, increased Bass and better AA connectivity.
Fuel economy is still on lower side, 14 in B2B city condition and highway 19kmpl.
When I bought my beast I hardly see any Nexon on NCR road but things changed by now. I regularly see atleast 4-5 Nexon whenever I drive 30-40 km in Delhi.
Also I am part of a Nexon owner group and some of us are very good friends by now. This weekend we organised a off road drive meet and it went really well. Nexon performed really well on Sandy track but obviously we missed 4x4. Being a group we have multiple benefits TSS pay special attention to our cars and our issues resolved on priority. We have been called personally for any software update.
So far I had 4 highway drives and Nexty performed like a charm. I have had both relaxed drive where I used eco mode most of the time speed set between 100-110kmph. On other hand I drove the car at 140-150kmph for almost 100kms in sports mode. Car performed really well in both the cases so no complaints about the performance.
Please find some Nexty’s pics. I will post off road meet pics soon.

Happy motoring
Hemant

Attachments

Last edited:
Please do mention how has the long time review now been for you ? How many KMS have you clocked? What's the service been like etc?

Top Bottom