Tata Nexon: Technical Issues & Solutions

Should I consider cleaning/ changing any parts likewise EGR, Intake Manifold. But this is neither mentioned in Owner manual nor in service manual.
Even though not mentioned in the owner's manual, I'd suggest you to clean the following since it is a diesel:

1. Intake manifold
2. EGR valve
3. EGR piping
4. Intercooler
5. MAF and Boost Sensor

NOTE: For the MAF and Boost Sensor, please use specific cleaner and not WD-40 or cheap quality alcohol etc since it'll destroy the MAF sensor. I've used the attached cleaner when I did clean the MAF and Boost Sensor in my Oct 2017 Creta 1.6L CRDi (1.32L kms).

Attachments

Thanks a lot for your reply. Kindly tell had you cleaned
Accelerator sensor or Catalytic converter also?
Sorry to respond before @mayankdixit Sir,

I had put a metal plate and blanked the EGR valve (intake manifold point) so I don't have the issue of excessive sooth or carbon buildup on the valves or manifold.

There is not much to clean on the catalytical converter side, it burns with heat and pressure during regular use - That is the reason to perform an Italian Tuneup frequently if the usage is mainly in the city.

What do you mean about the accelerator sensor BTW?

Sorry to respond before @mayankdixit Sir,

I had put a metal plate and blanked the EGR valve (intake manifold point) so I don't have the issue of excessive sooth or carbon buildup on the valves or manifold.

There is not much to clean on the catalytical converter side, it burns with heat and pressure during regular use - That is the reason to perform an Italian Tuneup frequently if the usage is mainly in the city.

What do you mean about the accelerator sensor BTW?
@anuraagshenoy Why are you saying sorry. Actually I had left mistakenly the word ALSO in that sentence. We are learning through each other.
Actually I mentioned name @mayankdixit sir because he also owns Tata Nexon 2017 model, the same as I have. And he has Ultimate level of knowledge about car and car engine as far as I know.
Accelerator sensor - Heard it on YouTube. Not exactly know whats this. As per my knowledge it is Throttle position sensor.

Accelerator sensor - Heard it on YouTube. Not exactly know whats this. As per my knowledge it is Throttle position sensor.
You'll need to clean the MAP(No.: 10) and MAF (No.: 2) sensor your the car:

IMG_20240214_234132.jpg
Accelerator pedal will have a sensor mounted on it that will sense 'how much the pedal has travelled' which will instruct the ECU to change the fuelling etc accordingly.

You'll need to clean the MAP(No.: 10) and MAF (No.: 2) sensor your the car:

View attachment 317304
Accelerator pedal will have a sensor mounted on it that will sense 'how much the pedal has travelled' which will instruct the ECU to change the fuelling etc accordingly.
@anuraagshenoy
Should I use the same Liquid Moly product to clean the sensor? Bdw I have purchased Liquid Moly Radiator flush and Engine Flush. I had changed my Coolant on scheduled time but never Flush it. The same situation is with Engine. Never used Engine Flush till time.

Should I use the same Liquid Moly product to clean the sensor?
Yes, you can use the MAF sensor cleaner solution to clean the MAP sensor also. But I'm not sure if 1 bottle will be sufficient for both.

PS: While cleaning any of these sensors, there will be a rubber gasket around them to ensure tight seal when fixed in position, please remove the gasket/seal so the shape is not affected by the cleaner spray.

Bdw I have purchased Liquid Moly Radiator flush and Engine Flush. I had changed my Coolant on scheduled time but never Flush it. The same situation is with Engine.
In the 1.32L kms, I've never used any of these kind of flush items on the car as I have no idea how these liquids (read chemical mixtures) react with the rubber seals/chains etc inside the engine. I've always made sure to change the oil + oil filter on-time so there is no need to use any kind of flush inside the engine.

Regarding the Radiator flush, I'm also planning to use it during the 1,40,000 kms service.

Yes, you can use the MAF sensor cleaner solution to clean the MAP sensor also. But I'm not sure if 1 bottle will be sufficient for both.

PS: While cleaning any of these sensors, there will be a rubber gasket around them to ensure tight seal when fixed in position, please remove the gasket/seal so the shape is not affected by the cleaner spray.

In the 1.32L kms, I've never used any of these kind of flush items on the car as I have no idea how these liquids (read chemical mixtures) react with the rubber seals/chains etc inside the engine. I've always made sure to change the oil + oil filter on-time so there is no need to use any kind of flush inside the engine.

Regarding the Radiator flush, I'm also planning to use it during the 1,40,000 kms service.
@anuraagshenoy
I had also never used flush method. Changed coolant two times till 85k by draining and filling method. Since my ODO is touching 100k that why I am thinking to use Radiator Flush. The same is with my Engine. Never used Engine Flush. But this time thinking to use Flush to clean sludge and other debris accumulated during the last 5 years. Btw thanks for suggesting cleaner. I am planning to buy one more bottle for the same.

@anuraagshenoy
I had also never used flush method. Changed coolant two times till 85k by draining and filling method. Since my ODO is touching 100k that why I am thinking to use Radiator Flush. The same is with my Engine. Never used Engine Flush. But this time thinking to use Flush to clean sludge and other debris accumulated during the last 5 years. Btw thanks for suggesting cleaner. I am planning to buy one more bottle for the same.
Is this service being done at Tata's ASC or outside at a known garage?

Is this service being done at Tata's ASC or outside at a known garage?
@ Always at TASS. No problem faced till time. Neither drop in average fuel economy nor in acceleration. Changed my stock tyre at 35k to Yokohama Earth 1. Changed Stock battery after 4.5 years to Amron.

May u tell me,if possible with pictures, how your's car sensors cleaned so that I will cautious during clearing of my car's sensor.
I do it myself and do NOT prefer ASC at all. Here's what I did on my Creta:

Remove the two screws using a star screwdriver
IMG20240202171131.jpg

Disconnect the battery negative terminal first and then remove the MAF sensor coupler.
IMG20240202171136.jpg

Remove the air filter box and air filter. Store aside.
IMG20240202171315.jpg

Using a 10mm socket, remove the two bolts holding the MAF sensor on the air filter box
IMG20240202171518.jpg

Removing the air filter plumbing exposes the intercooler and also the 'Boost Sensor' mounted on the top clamp of the intercooler.
IMG20240202172608.jpg

Remove the boost sensor using the 10mm socket
IMG20240202172636.jpg

MAF sensor and Boost Sensor placed aside after 1 liberal spray of the cleaner solution.
IMG20240202173045.jpg

Using a flat-head screwdriver, loosen the two clamps to free the intake manifold plumbing which comes from the intercooler
IMG20240202174418.jpg

Condition after 35,000 kms. Clicked the below image when it was opened for the first time for cleaning
IMG_20180808_125309.jpg

Condition of the Intake manifold inlet area after ~1,00,000 kms. The first time it was cleaned at 35,000 kms.
IMG20240202173754.jpg

'EGR' inlet port into the intake manifold. Current condition.
IMG20240202173805.jpg

Items I used for this cleaning process. WD-40 should NOT be used on either the MAF sensor or Boost Sensor.
IMG20240202175346.jpg

NOTE:
  • The MAF sensor has a rubber seal and the boost sensor too so remove it before spraying the cleaning solution to avoid issues of degradation in future.

I do it myself and do NOT prefer ASC at all. Here's what I did on my Creta:

Remove the two screws using a star screwdriver
View attachment 317340

Disconnect the battery negative terminal first and then remove the MAF sensor coupler.
View attachment 317341

Remove the air filter box and air filter. Store aside.
View attachment 317342

Using a 10mm socket, remove the two bolts holding the MAF sensor on the air filter box
View attachment 317343

Removing the air filter plumbing exposes the intercooler and also the 'Boost Sensor' mounted on the top clamp of the intercooler.
View attachment 317344

Remove the boost sensor using the 10mm socket
View attachment 317345

MAF sensor and Boost Sensor placed aside after 1 liberal spray of the cleaner solution.
View attachment 317346

Using a flat-head screwdriver, loosen the two clamps to free the intake manifold plumbing which comes from the intercooler
View attachment 317349

Condition after 35,000 kms. Clicked the below image when it was opened for the first time for cleaning
View attachment 317362

Condition of the Intake manifold inlet area after ~1,00,000 kms. The first time it was cleaned at 35,000 kms.
View attachment 317347

'EGR' inlet port into the intake manifold. Current condition.
View attachment 317348

Items I used for this cleaning process. WD-40 should NOT be used on either the MAF sensor or Boost Sensor.
View attachment 317350

NOTE:
  • The MAF sensor has a rubber seal and the boost sensor too so remove it before spraying the cleaning solution to avoid issues of degradation in future.
@anuraagshenoy
Wonderful job. You have done every thing very neatly. I will try to do the same in future. This time I am dependent on my faithful TASS mechanic. He knows his work very well. He is doing service of my vehicle from 3rd service.

Top Bottom