Tata Nexon Petrol XZA+: Ownership Review

My scorpio also had this issue of ac throwing out hot air. It was getting really uncomfortable . When I took it to the service centre, they diagnosed it as shortage of ac gas and topped it up. They then cleaned the vents and put it back. Haven't faced the issue eversince. It helps to clean the vents every 3 months. It's done in both our cars.

Thread Starter #47
Haven't heard this issue with the other Nexon owners. Not sure how you concluded its a common Nexon issue and not in just your car. I suggest raise a complaint in the TMSC app. This helped me earlier. If this doesn't get resolved then talk to territory manager.
@AbhishekVerma, @Nanofreak, @Akash1886

This issue is faced only when you set the AC temp to more than 25.5 degrees. At such a setting hot air from a coil housed inside the side vent is mixed with cool air of AC to get the "desired" temperature. This was explained to me by the field service senior manager and makes sense and he is the one who agreed that this issue will be there in all Nexon cars.

But since this function is not working as it should to achieve the right temperature, it gives out air at temperature much higher than the set temp (especially from the lower side vents). The coil was also heating the side panel - but this issue was fixed by using a thermal insulating material.

You won't face this issue if you set the AC temp to 25 degrees or lower.

Have you tried setting the AC temp to more than 26 (say) and then observing ? Do let me know.

Please refer my earlier post in this thread for a detailed description of this issue.

Regading:- Issue observed: Hot air/ Heat coming from RHS leg side AC vent panel

Hai the issue will be there in all Nexon what I observe.Its same in my nexon xt and which is very irritating as my left leg side panel become hot and driving become hard then I need to decreese it to 25 or 24 to overcome this if you put hand on that side we can feel the heat, Its from the R side the hot air vent going so if you put the auto climate to 26 degree C and above then we can feel the heat there .My left leg will always be in toch with the panel side when i drive so I can feel the heat from there.Common TATA you have to solve this issue.
i request other nexon owners to check the same

Last edited:
Thread Starter #50
On my last two out of town trips I felt a slight vibration in the pedal while braking at high speed. Felt as if it was due to wheel balancing issue in the front tyres.

After observing on the first trip, got my car checked at ASS after explaining the issue to them. However they just cleaned the brake pads and told me that the issue is resolved. Then, on my second trip I noticed that the issue is till there. What could be the possible cause ? Can it be due to wheel balancing issue, as I presume ?

I noticed another issue. While driving at high speed (above 100 kph) I braked in panic as a motorcycle suddenly came on to the road from a side road. But then he corrected his direction quickly. In the split second when I suddenly pressed the brake and released it, I observed a metallic sound. This happened a second time when I suddenly came too near a car ahead of me. Anyone else observed similar issue in Nexon and the possible reason/ solution ?

It seems the break pad making the issue.The final solution will be replacment of break pad and test it again.As you said "I observed a metallic sound " that means your break pad is very less in thickness or might be other mechanical issue related to breaking assistant.But I think your issue will be solved by replacing break pad.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
On my last two out of town trips I felt a slight vibration in the pedal while braking at high speed. Felt as if it was due to wheel balancing issue in the front tyres.

While driving at high speed (above 100 kph) I braked in panic as a motorcycle suddenly came on to the road from a side road. But then he corrected his direction quickly. In the split second when I suddenly pressed the brake and released it, I observed a metallic sound. This happened a second time when I suddenly came too near a car ahead of me. ?
I think it's the ABS working. Nothing to panic.

Thread Starter #53
I think it's the ABS working. Nothing to panic.
That's a pertinent possibility Mayank ! Have you or others observed something similar with your Nexon ?

However I thought the vibrations caused by ABS, if any, would not be discernible. What do you say ?

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Have you or others observed something similar with your Nexon ?

However I thought the vibrations caused by ABS, if any, would not be discernible. What do you say ?
Yes I have observed similar behaviour myself,and yes the vibrations are very much obvious,in the few panic braking situations I faced.

Thread Starter #55

Hai the issue will be there in all Nexon what I observe.Its same in my nexon xt and which is very irritating as my left leg side panel become hot and driving become hard then I need to decreese it to 25 or 24 to overcome this if you put hand on that side we can feel the heat, Its from the R side the hot air vent going so if you put the auto climate to 26 degree C and above then we can feel the heat there .My left leg will always be in toch with the panel side when i drive so I can feel the heat from there.Common TATA you have to solve this issue.
Exactly, this is the issue I am facing as described in my post earlier.
@nexonxtu - which variant of Nexon do you have ?

Thread Starter #56
Yes I have observed similar behaviour myself,and yes the vibrations are very much obvious,in the few panic braking situations I faced.
Looked up online about ABS behavior and found that yes ABS can cause the brake pedal to pulsate. So you are right there Mayank !
Only thing is I felt the pulsating even when it was a normal braking at high speed (and NOT panic braking) on highway. In any case I will have the ASS people to double check it in my second service due in December end.

BTW can alloy wheels fall prey to wheel balancing issues ? And that too new ones ? I would like this angle also explored. Somehow I have a feeling this could be the reason.

Thread Starter #57

@nexonxtu - Have you reported this issue to the service centre or Tata motors ?
I have reported it to Tata motors by email. You should too. I will share the email IDs on which you can report this issue to them.

Top Bottom